HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators vs. Blackhawks - Game 3 - 4/20 - 8 PM CST "Home Sweet Home" edition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-21-2010, 01:51 PM
  #101
jstreet
Smashville
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,984
vCash: 4050
Our D really turned it on in the 2nd but I must say, I still dont like Hamhuis-Klein matched against Kane every time.



I think we are gonna see Huet soon.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 02:01 PM
  #102
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
I think we are gonna see Huet soon.
God I hope not.I honestly like seeing Niemi in net.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 02:32 PM
  #103
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I don't see how an assist off of a goal that resulted from the rebound you created deserves an asterisk. Legwand isn't the only player on the team who misses breakaways. I think he's been playing his best hockey of the season
The real assist on that goal should go to Dustin Buff, a horrible turn over in their own zone for no apparent reason. Dumont was quick to pass to legwand, who was behind the play. He missed, and Dumont cleaned up. He's missed a lot of golden opportunities this series, and a lot over the last 40 games. But, then he goes and TOTALLY REDEEMS himself by scoring last night. But he was also creating other offense last night.

Game 1 MVP: Rinne, Dumont, Hockey Gods
Game 2 MVP: None.... Rinne if we have to pick someone
Game 3 MVP: Rinne, Legwand, Sullivan, Defense

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 02:33 PM
  #104
Milly79
Registered User
 
Milly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbia, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
God I hope not.I honestly like seeing Niemi in net.
Why? Huet is way more hit or miss than Niemi has been this season.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 02:37 PM
  #105
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly79 View Post
Why? Huet is way more hit or miss than Niemi has been this season.
Yeah but I think Nashville has gotten into Niemi's head. I think Nashville has put Niemi on a downward slope and they can ride it like a snowy hill to the second round.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 02:54 PM
  #106
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
The real assist on that goal should go to Dustin Buff, a horrible turn over in their own zone for no apparent reason. Dumont was quick to pass to legwand, who was behind the play. He missed, and Dumont cleaned up. He's missed a lot of golden opportunities this series, and a lot over the last 40 games. But, then he goes and TOTALLY REDEEMS himself by scoring last night. But he was also creating other offense last night.

Game 1 MVP: Rinne, Dumont, Hockey Gods
Game 2 MVP: None.... Rinne if we have to pick someone
Game 3 MVP: Rinne, Legwand, Sullivan, Defense
This is completely foolish.

Goalies get assists for stopping the puck behind the net leaving it for a d-man the d-man passes to a forward and that forward scores. Secondary assist it is.

Legwand had to jump into the play at the right time realizing there was a turn over and aggressively go to the net. Then he had to get a shot on net that the goalie couldn't handle so there would even be a rebound for Dumont to knock home. That sir is an assist whether you like it or not.

I'm sorry but that is the most biased agenda laden drivel i've heard in a long time. Nobodies trying to give him the Conn Smith so quit trying to act like everybody giving Legwand accolades for playing a really good game is a damn fool.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 02:54 PM
  #107
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Yeah but I think Nashville has gotten into Niemi's head. I think Nashville has put Niemi on a downward slope and they can ride it like a snowy hill to the second round.
first, I think this is a totally academic debate because i think the chances of huet starting thursday are zero unless there is an injury to niemi. The Hawks have no confidence at all in Huet and Niemi wasnt the reason for the loss last night.

Maybe, if Niemi really stinks up the joint thursday, we see huet in game 5, but that would take a huge tank job by niemi(probably would require him to get pulled and Huet play well in relief).

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 03:01 PM
  #108
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
first, I think this is a totally academic debate because i think the chances of huet starting thursday are zero unless there is an injury to niemi. The Hawks have no confidence at all in Huet and Niemi wasnt the reason for the loss last night.

Maybe, if Niemi really stinks up the joint thursday, we see huet in game 5, but that would take a huge tank job by niemi(probably would require him to get pulled and Huet play well in relief).
I agree. Niemi has given up 5 even strength goals and a penalty shot in 3 games. Without going to complex that's about a 2 goals against per game average which is not too shabby. I think Niemi has been good so far for them and he's the reason they're in the spot they are but the thing about Chicago is, they usually limit shots to the net and we had what, 34, 35 on them last night where he's used to facing somewhere around 25 a game? His numbers are about the same when all is said and done but the extra pucks to the net are finding ways to go in and we have to keep doing that.

Don't know if anyone noticed but the first shift in the second we were firing the puck right off the bat. Then the next shift we continued with this premise. Then we have a 3 on 2 with Smithson and I think Sully or Dumont trailing him and he takes the shot, no drop pass like we're used to seeing. Sometimes you have to just get pucks to the net and take your chances. I liked the aggressive nature of what the team did last night with shooting and going to the net.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 03:09 PM
  #109
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
This is completely foolish.

Goalies get assists for stopping the puck behind the net leaving it for a d-man the d-man passes to a forward and that forward scores. Secondary assist it is.

Legwand had to jump into the play at the right time realizing there was a turn over and aggressively go to the net. Then he had to get a shot on net that the goalie couldn't handle so there would even be a rebound for Dumont to knock home. That sir is an assist whether you like it or not.

I'm sorry but that is the most biased agenda laden drivel i've heard in a long time. Nobodies trying to give him the Conn Smith so quit trying to act like everybody giving Legwand accolades for playing a really good game is a damn fool.
You must have missed the part will I called him the MVP of game 3. Real biased. But hey, I understand, you like to pick fights. Calling people names again for their opinion? Maybe the moderator will give you another free pass.

Legwand has created some breakaways this series. That one in particular in game 1, he was in the right place at right time (behind the play) when Buff turned it over. So no, I don't think he created that scoring chance. If you want to give him credit for creating the play, that's your opinion. IMO, thank god Dumont converted the goal, or else I think we would've lost the game. I think Dumont, Rinne, and the Hockey Gods are MVP of game one. Honorable mention to Neimi for goal 1, and Dustin Buff for goal 2.


Last edited by dulzhok: 04-21-2010 at 03:20 PM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 03:15 PM
  #110
Bad Karma
Registered User
 
Bad Karma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
Our D really turned it on in the 2nd but I must say, I still dont like Hamhuis-Klein matched against Kane every time.



I think we are gonna see Huet soon.
Hu'aint is a disaster since the olympics.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 03:16 PM
  #111
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
At ease gentlemen.

1) Legwand's play has been good team play. Not a superstar level but good. Exactly what the team needed.

2) People are allowed their opinion but you don't have to be offensive about it. If you have to throw insults to try and win a debate you lost the debate.

3) Legwand is what he is and I honestly can't understand all the crap about him. ok he was the #2 pick of his draft. But frankly, his draft was quite possibly the worst in NHL history. Nashville was lucky to get ANYTHING. Legwand is a B level player. Some nights he's a B- and he deserves some scorn, but when he's playing to his max, he's a B+ player. Game one and three you saw B+ Legwand. Game two was B- Legwand.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 03:29 PM
  #112
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
You must have missed the part will I called him the MVP of game 3. Real biased. But hey, I understand, you like to pick fights. Calling people names again for their opinion? Maybe the moderator will give you another free pass.

Legwand has created some breakaways this series. That one in particular in game 1, he was in the right place at right time (behind the play) when Buff turned it over. So no, I don't think he created that scoring chance. If you want to give him credit for creating the play, that's your opinion. IMO, thank god Dumont converted the goal, or else I think we would've lost the game. I think Dumont, Rinne, and the Hockey Gods are MVP of game one. Honorable mention to Neimi for goal 1, and Dustin Buff for goal 2.
To be fair to the Mods I haven't gotten a free pass on anything.
I would like to point out that I didn't call you a "name" I did though call your statement foolish.
I will be more than happy to agree to disagree with you about this as with most things hockey related I do suppose.

Sorry BFC I hope this post was more appropriate.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 03:31 PM
  #113
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Game one and three you saw B+ Legwand. Game two was B- Legwand.
I would say game 1: B game 2: D. game 3: A.

There is really no need to talk about draft position and contract at this point, and no one is. He had a great game 3, so let's hope his offensive confidence benefits. It's the playoffs. Let's win.


Last edited by dulzhok: 04-21-2010 at 03:50 PM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 03:49 PM
  #114
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
To be fair to the Mods I haven't gotten a free pass on anything.
I would like to point out that I didn't call you a "name" I did though call your statement foolish.
I will be more than happy to agree to disagree with you about this as with most things hockey related I do suppose.

Sorry BFC I hope this post was more appropriate.
No worries Nine, you did nothing wrong via interpretation of HF rules. You and Dulz. can be quite passionate. After the last 2 months you can call me Mr. Roboto for the lack of emotion. I'm slowly coming back thanks to some good friends so no worries about me snapping and kick/banning everyone on the boards in a fit of psychotic angst. We have global moderators for that. (Just kidding!)

As for Legwand, I can't quite give him a D for game two. He didn't own goal on Rinne like Boyle. Or try and take his skate off and Happy Gilmore Patty Kane.

Now if he pushed Kane into Weber's slap shot that would merit an A. (I'm really starting to get attached to the idea of the 'Shea Weber assassination Program', can you tell?....)

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 04:03 PM
  #115
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
You must have missed the part will I called him the MVP of game 3. Real biased. But hey, I understand, you like to pick fights. Calling people names again for their opinion? Maybe the moderator will give you another free pass.

Legwand has created some breakaways this series. That one in particular in game 1, he was in the right place at right time (behind the play) when Buff turned it over. So no, I don't think he created that scoring chance. If you want to give him credit for creating the play, that's your opinion. IMO, thank god Dumont converted the goal, or else I think we would've lost the game. I think Dumont, Rinne, and the Hockey Gods are MVP of game one. Honorable mention to Neimi for goal 1, and Dustin Buff for goal 2.
I believe it was Brower who turned it over at the blue line. Also, being in the right place at the right time is good positioning. If he sees the guys ahead of him are pressuring the puck and he's there to pick the loose puck up, it's a combination of the forecheck doing it's job and him then doing his. If Legwand doesn't get the type of shot on net he does, Dumont does not have the chance to clean up and score goal number 2.

A pretty smart hockey fellow on here once said, when a team gives up a goal, there are usually a few breakdowns on the play that allow it to happen. I think it can apply to scoring a goal as well, there are usually a few good plays that made it happen. The forecheck, Legwand stealing the puck, getting a good shot on net and Dumont crashing the net all made it happen. They were all important to the goal being scored.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 04:14 PM
  #116
WalkmanX
 
WalkmanX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Estonia
Country: Estonia
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
Got the game late tonight, just finished watching and i have to say, a great game one of the best of the season for sure, and for once after we had the lead we DIDN'T sit back and play defense...

On the game, i had the hawks feed, and commentators and pregame guys were so good that they had me pissed at them after 5 minutes of listening to them, well that's that...

Our PP still isn't what a playoff teams PP should be, but we make up for it in another areas, we are like 1/28? on the season against the hawks, ouch

The PK has looked fairly good, doesn't look like a 28th regular season PK so that is good...

The best players that caught my eye tonight had to be Legwand, Rinne, Frankie, and Smithson was good tonight

I just love watching us play when we bring it, makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside



On the next game, its Huge, if we win, we are sitting pretty, if the hawks win, it goes to a best of 3 lets hope for the best

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 04:32 PM
  #117
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I believe it was Brower who turned it over at the blue line. Also, being in the right place at the right time is good positioning. If he sees the guys ahead of him are pressuring the puck and he's there to pick the loose puck up, it's a combination of the forecheck doing it's job and him then doing his. If Legwand doesn't get the type of shot on net he does, Dumont does not have the chance to clean up and score goal number 2.

A pretty smart hockey fellow on here once said, when a team gives up a goal, there are usually a few breakdowns on the play that allow it to happen. I think it can apply to scoring a goal as well, there are usually a few good plays that made it happen. The forecheck, Legwand stealing the puck, getting a good shot on net and Dumont crashing the net all made it happen. They were all important to the goal being scored.
I'm not going to get into a big debate on this, but Dumont is the one who regained control of the puck after Buff/Brower (can't remember) coughed it up with nobody touching him. He made a great pass to Legwand who was the last man getting up the ice. Legwand missed, and Dumont was there to put it in. I'm not going to harp on Legwand for missing, but I don't think he deserves much credit for creating the goal.

On to game 3, I do think he was the MVP. Sullivan made a great play and Legwand finished. Yes, I just used those two words in the same sentence! And your right, Legwand's speed up the ice put him in the position to score the goal/ Legwand's 2 assists were 2nd assists, but he was involved in making the play happen. He was also creating other opportunities throughout the night.


Last edited by dulzhok: 04-21-2010 at 04:38 PM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 04:35 PM
  #118
PredAlert
Registered User
 
PredAlert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkmanX View Post
Got the game late tonight, just finished watching and i have to say, a great game one of the best of the season for sure, and for once after we had the lead we DIDN'T sit back and play defense...
Ugh, I hated that. That's why we were in so many close games. I mean I kinda understand them doing it against a high skilled team but they were doing it vs Oilers and fellow basement teams as well.

PredAlert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 04:55 PM
  #119
WalkmanX
 
WalkmanX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Estonia
Country: Estonia
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredAlert View Post
Ugh, I hated that. That's why we were in so many close games. I mean I kinda understand them doing it against a high skilled team but they were doing it vs Oilers and fellow basement teams as well.
Yah, tell me about it, but the

Positives about that style is that every game you are kept on your toes untill the final seconds

Negatives about that style is that every game you are kept on your toes untill the final seconds


WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 05:34 PM
  #120
Jonesey
Moderator
Sons of Anarchy
 
Jonesey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 8,076
vCash: 500


Love the Hawks fans sitting down.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 07:18 PM
  #121
WartracePred
Registered User
 
WartracePred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Now if he pushed Kane into Weber's slap shot that would merit an A. (I'm really starting to get attached to the idea of the 'Shea Weber assassination Program', can you tell?....)
Problem is, Weber has assassinated his teammates more than his opponents. And usually during the playoffs!

WartracePred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 07:44 PM
  #122
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
Problem is, Weber has assassinated his teammates more than his opponents. And usually during the playoffs!
**** happens ... when everyone is collapsing you have to fire bombs from the point

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 11:41 PM
  #123
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
**** happens ... when everyone is collapsing you have to fire bombs from the point
How'd your sign go over with the crowd?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 11:45 PM
  #124
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
How'd your sign go over with the crowd?
ooohhh **** ... didn't make one... i'm making one for tomorrow for sure ... damn work messing with my free time

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 11:53 PM
  #125
jstreet
Smashville
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,984
vCash: 4050
Versus guys just did a segment on our series.

Basically said, that our D has been bringing the pain and outplaying the Blackhawk star forwards.

Also talked about how Chicago only has 4 goals in 3 games, even though they were the 3rd best offense in the league this season. THey have averaged less than 30 shots per game which is also low for them.


All in all, very positive for us.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.