HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames/Canucks Redux 9/27

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2003, 07:04 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok
Somehow, I'm just not going to go to CKNW and start listening to the game. I dont' want to lose hair just for PRESEASON.
This is the attitude that permeates the team... care less about these games, and what indication is there that they will care in the regular season?

I gaurantee you that Crawford is pulling his hair.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:07 PM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan
This is the attitude that permeates the team... care less about these games, and what indication is there that they will care in the regular season?

I gaurantee you that Crawford is pulling his hair.
Well, I can't really blame Morrison, he doesn't have much hair left

Old
09-27-2003, 07:16 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Quote:
That was funny!!!

Old
09-27-2003, 07:20 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

What Nolan did may put him in the coaches good books... take a hit to make a play. Very nice to see.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:20 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Morrison's a good lookin guy..and he has plenty of hair.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:43 PM
iceburg
Don't ask why

I missed it. Who scored the last two goals? Who were the three stars?

Old
09-27-2003, 07:45 PM
zoidberg

3. Dome
2. Leopold
1. Bertuzzi

Old
09-27-2003, 08:55 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Koltsov played I believe 2 shifts after the 1rst period. LAME. The rest of the prospects did nothing all night yet again, at least judging from listening. The organization has done nothing but boast of "depth", yet our young players were 10X better in previous preseasons. Probably the best showing was by Kesler so far, and in a completely defensive role, displaying little to zero creativity. If this lame preseason showing is any indication, the Moose are in for a long season.

Old
09-27-2003, 09:59 PM
iceburg
Don't ask why

[QUOTE=Waveburner]Koltsov played I believe 2 shifts after the 1rst period. LAME. QUOTE]

Crawford said after the game that Koltsov clearly has the skill but he needs to get a lot stronger. It sounds like Crawford thinks that Koltsov's not even close to making the team so why bother playing him.

Old
09-28-2003, 08:56 AM
the-rasta-masta

Send a message via MSN to the-rasta-masta
Can any Canucks fans who were at the game comment on the play of the Flames? (other than the goaltending, because we all know how bad it was already:mad: )

Old
09-28-2003, 10:39 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rasta-masta
Can any Canucks fans who were at the game comment on the play of the Flames? (other than the goaltending, because we all know how bad it was already:mad: )
Was at the game. I thought the best Flames players were easily Leopold, Dome, and Lombardi. Wow, is Dome ever skilled..if he can put it all togeter the Flames might have themselves a nice second line scoring threat. As for the team in general, the usual, they worked their ass off, but got stoned by Hedberg a few times.

I think the Flames will be battling for that 8th playoff spot all season, but will be hard-pressed to get it. But who knows right?

Old
09-28-2003, 11:13 AM
Mizral

I missed the game last night. I'm excited about the Twins though, by reading this.

How did Hedberg play?

Old
09-28-2003, 12:27 PM
Castor Troy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
I missed the game last night. I'm excited about the Twins though, by reading this.

How did Hedberg play?
Hedberg played well in my opinion. He looked solid and made several nice saves when the score was tied. I didn't see the first flames goal but the second and third were both scrambles down low where the puck went through a lot of traffic and ended up being popped in. I didn't notice which defencemen were on the ice for those two goals but they definitely didn't do a good job of clearing the front of the net.

He looked sound positionally and cut down his angles well even through traffic.

One thing that really stuck out at me watching Hedberg was that he can actually play the puck! We haven't seen a goalie that can play the puck like this for awhile here. He almost got caught once out of the net but he was playing it almost anytime it was behind the goal line. It really helped out our defence by speeding up the transition and neutralizing the forecheck at times.

The twins + Bertuzzi were the best line out there last night. Henrik had a beautiful tip goal off a Jovanovski wrist shot from the point. They looked really good on the powerplay with Daniel handling the puck and setting up at the half-boards like he started to do late last year.

Old
09-28-2003, 12:48 PM
Jewelly

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor Troy
Hedberg played well in my opinion. He looked solid and made several nice saves when the score was tied. I didn't see the first flames goal but the second and third were both scrambles down low where the puck went through a lot of traffic and ended up being popped in. I didn't notice which defencemen were on the ice for those two goals but they definitely didn't do a good job of clearing the front of the net.

He looked sound positionally and cut down his angles well even through traffic.

One thing that really stuck out at me watching Hedberg was that he can actually play the puck! We haven't seen a goalie that can play the puck like this for awhile here. He almost got caught once out of the net but he was playing it almost anytime it was behind the goal line. It really helped out our defence by speeding up the transition and neutralizing the forecheck at times.

The twins + Bertuzzi were the best line out there last night. Henrik had a beautiful tip goal off a Jovanovski wrist shot from the point. They looked really good on the powerplay with Daniel handling the puck and setting up at the half-boards like he started to do late last year.
Yes Shorty & Larsh commented a couple of times how well Hedberg played the puck. They seemed pleasantly surprised.

Old
09-29-2003, 12:46 AM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
When was the last time Vancouver had a goaltender that could actually play the puck....that's why.

Dan Cloutier is hopeless at it. The sad thing is he works on it almost every single day and he still blows.

Closed Thread