Toivonen brought back up!!!

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 08:34 PM
nhlbruin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFABoy
No...Hannu needs to start in AHL for 1 full year at least..look what happened to Dipietro, Cloutier, Blackburn, etc. - all were rushed to the NHL
yeah, he really does need to have the most playing time possible...i just can't help but get excited about the guy

Old
09-26-2003, 10:02 AM
ThorntoNeely198

Send a message via AIM to ThorntoNeely198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
one other thing before I forget...

I hope Hannu is up for at least one of the televised games.
For those that haven't seen him in person..

I can't do justice to how fast this kids legs are...

and his style.. The most profound butterfly I have ever seen.. I even said "ouch" when he went down and I think HG thought I had hurt myself..

I agree with Wally, you HAVE TO SEE HIM to understand how fast this kid's butterfly and recovery are. His pads are at 90 degree angles to the ice, and form a seamless, 6' wide flat target from toe to toe. Since he seems to have his angles down (Felix???), you are NOT SCORING on the bottom half of the net. Then, after the shot, he's up as fast as he dropped.

I've never been so impressed by a goalie I had never seen or heard of, ever. There's just something completely unnatural about the way Toivonen moves. I'll not soon forget watching an 18 year old giving Glen Murray intentional holes only to rob him like it was nothing. Cool as a cucumber the whole time.

Oh, and it looks like he has a glove to match.

If he has the head to match the mechanics, well, let's say you're not going to lose much sleep over Andrew Raycroft's career path.

Old
09-26-2003, 12:21 PM
nhlbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorntoNeely198
I agree with Wally, you HAVE TO SEE HIM to understand how fast this kid's butterfly and recovery are. His pads are at 90 degree angles to the ice, and form a seamless, 6' wide flat target from toe to toe. Since he seems to have his angles down (Felix???), you are NOT SCORING on the bottom half of the net. Then, after the shot, he's up as fast as he dropped.

I've never been so impressed by a goalie I had never seen or heard of, ever. There's just something completely unnatural about the way Toivonen moves. I'll not soon forget watching an 18 year old giving Glen Murray intentional holes only to rob him like it was nothing. Cool as a cucumber the whole time.

Oh, and it looks like he has a glove to match.

If he has the head to match the mechanics, well, let's say you're not going to lose much sleep over Andrew Raycroft's career path.
yeah, i hope he gets in ine of the two tv game so everyone else can see too! our words really do him no justice

Old
09-26-2003, 05:44 PM
b-orr-k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty
Why do you lump Thomas in with Shields and Potvin as preventing the Bruins from winning? What has he done to deserve this moniker?

I'm not suggesting we throw the rest of the goaltenders to the wolves in favor of TT. But doesn't he have a winning record in the limited opportunity he was given with the B's?
Ratty, you are correct in that I was a little too harsh on Thomas given what he has doen when he played for the Bs. However, he is a journeyman goalie (and he should be very proud of what he has accomplished to date). He was an unrestricted free agent and no other team came calling.
It would be kind of like claiming that John Burkett could be the mainstay of a pitching staff. He does great with the talent he has, but I wouldn't want to depend on him as my go to guy. The same goes for Thomas.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:07 AM
tarabelle99

Send a message via AIM to tarabelle99
watching him last nite, man, it hurt my legs.

He's amazingly quick, yes, but still needs to develop as far as his decision making, roaming to play the puck etc. Let Thomas teach him the game in Providence. We don't want to derail his maturation as we did with Raycroft by putting too much pressure on him too quickly.

JMHO, kid is definitely amazing to watch though. Seems pretty confident as well. Let's let him develop like he should, let's not all jump on the Toivonen for starter bandwagon because Po9tvin and Shields are two of the biggest SIEVES in the game right now. (those two make me yearn for the return of Grahame, who I absolutely despised.......)

Old
09-27-2003, 07:08 AM
tarabelle99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugal Franchise
Thanks man.

I must confess to being a bit of a KPD fan; that's how I got here.

I used to post on the ESPN Bruins board, but lack of moderation made it unbearable. I've enjoyed the reading the discussions here. Much better signal-to-noise ratio.

what was your name on ESPN, because you don't seem familiar.......

BTW, I jumped ship (except for the occasion post here and there to my homies) about a year ago... I was tarabelle99

Old
09-28-2003, 03:09 AM
HockeyGoddess

just fyi...

For those who haven't already heard, Hannu Toivonen was returned to Providence yesterday.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
09-28-2003, 04:41 AM
Concessionaire
My Precious

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted elegance
what was your name on ESPN, because you don't seem familiar.......

BTW, I jumped ship (except for the occasion post here and there to my homies) about a year ago... I was tarabelle99
Hi TE, I definitely remember you as one of the better contributors on the ESPN board. I posted as teknobruin, but haven't participated there since the middle of last season.

Old
09-29-2003, 02:03 AM
tarabelle99

Tekno!

I remember you!!!!!!

thx for zee compleeement too

Closed Thread