HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF | Game 4 |Canucks @ Kings | 04/21/10 | Series tied 2-2

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2010, 12:01 AM
redcard

vCash: 500
meh, i think we played well for most of the game, they just took care of their scoring chances. We can beat this team.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:01 AM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I disagree. The Kings took Vancouver to OT in both games in Vancouver, but Quick needs to be a lot better for the Kings to have a chance.

Kings must win the next 2, I don't see them winning a game 7 in Vancouver.
A lot of people said that about winning game seven in Toronto in 93.

We've beaten them in their own barn. We know that. They know that.

As far as this game goes, well, we had it. We had the win. Going into the third period with a lead has been this team' specialty all year long and this time they choked, I guess.

Overall, it was a young team letting off the gas pedal. The Kings thoroughly outplayed the Canucks through two periods, had multiple chances to seal a win in the third, and they couldn't finish. Frolov may have very well sealed his fate with this team on that missed breakaway.

It would also help if Quick played slightly above average. Five goals against is unacceptable, no matter how good the chances. I'll be the first to admit he had an amazing game one. But, I'll say it again, he was just dead average tonight. Not particularly horrible, just average.

Unfortunately, you need a lot more than average goaltending to survive in the playoffs.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:03 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
Nothing like the playoffs to bring out massive mood swings from game to game. Series over. They must win the next two. They can't win game 7. Take a deep breath.

That 3rd period was all Vancouver's though. Everything they needed, they got. They got the goals from the guys they needed to get goals, and they got a couple saves from Luongo when they needed them. Puck possession, faceoffs, all Vancouver. They were more desperate than the Kings.

Now it's a best of 3. Reset. Reload. Relax.
Most appropriate post of the whole thread so far.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:04 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

What part of the chicken did Quick eat for tonight's game??? It appears that it wasn't near the FRONT end of the bird this time...

Old
04-22-2010, 12:05 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

The series is far from over. Put away the razor blades guys. Remember we where only an inch away back in game 1 from this series being 3-1... We can still win this. Playing in Vancouver is not a scary task.

But Quick does need to get back to Quick of game 1.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:06 AM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
quick didn't lose us this game. we gave them chance after chance to take the game and they capitalized. too many defensive breakdowns, too many bad plays in our own zone.

also...randy jones was...good? am i alone in thinking he actually had a GOOD game? not just a game where he was a nothing (as opposed to a huge negative), but an actual good game. he made one bad play that i can remember, maybe 2. he actually made a few smart plays in our own zone.

we can still win, but it's going to be tough. but it was always going to be tough. now it's a sprint to the finish. i'm pumped for game 5.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

The Kings are still really struggling to generate offense 5 on 5, I think he is going to insert Williams for Clune next game. Clune just isn't making much of an impact right now and the Kings could use the added offensive boost to the 4th line.

Although I think we could see some bodies flipping from the "2nd" and 4th lines. Brown, Frolov and Stoll have yet to score an ES goal and outside of a few odd-man rushes in the 3rd when Vancouver was pinching the D they haven't really had that great of chances. I think we could maybe see Williams up with Brown and Stoll.

And how do we end up with the Kopitar line and the OD pairing out there vs. the Sedin's. Murray's coaching has been alot better but he has to have JJ or DD out there at all times in a game like that. I love Matt Greene but he is going to struggle against the Sedin line, and OD is just flat out overmatched. The Kings should never, ever, ever have OD out there vs. that line when we have the last change, especially not in the final 5 minutes.

None of the goals were soft on Quick, but he needs to step up and make a huge save in this game, he didn't, they put in just about every scoring chance.

Game 5 is a monster game...monster game.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:09 AM
Fangio

vCash: 50
Credit to the Canucks for wanting it more in the 3rd.

Jon Quick could have been better. I thought Zeus had a below average game tonight. Roberto Luongo's timely save on Frolov was the turning point of the game, and possibly the entire series.

edit - when is Williams coming back?

Old
04-22-2010, 12:09 AM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2k7 View Post
quick didn't lose us this game. we gave them chance after chance to take the game and they capitalized. too many defensive breakdowns, too many bad plays in our own zone.
You're right, I don't think Quick played bad, but it would've been nice if he could've made a big save or two.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:11 AM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

I think JW will be making a return to the lineup.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:11 AM
reset
Puck Luck

unbelievable loss of composure. first loss all yr after leading going into the 3rd period, iirc. 6 men at center ice?? also, quick has not shown that hes a big time playoff goaltender yet.

so disappointed. we gave away this game.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Orenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by reset View Post
unbelievable loss of composure. first loss all yr after leading going into the 3rd period iirc. 6 men at center ice?? gimme a freaking break. so dissapointed.
The Kings lost twice in the last week or two of the season while up going into the 3rd.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:14 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Here's another vote for Justin Williams back in the lineup for Game 5. You can't have too many even-tempered, creative playoff veterans who have scored Stanley Cup 7th-game winning goals in your lineup IMO. Enough is enough, 3 straight games scratched and Clune essentially a non-entity tonight.

Old
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
The Kings lost twice in the last week or two of the season while up going into the 3rd.
Both were in shootouts though

Old
Shellz

It sucks to lose, like always. The first period was our best and the rest it kinda slowly fell apart. The Kings just slowed down and Quick wasn't able to make that 'save' of the game because every chance he had was down low as I think those are the much harder ones to read. But, he still made the much needed saves.

As for the rest, the defense looks to step up a bit more. The Canucks passing is fast and crisp and the Kings just need to get back to their game plan and just clean it up. I'm always worried but I don't see why they can't be better next game.

Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Well, it was the first time they lost in regulation when leading after 2. Good time to do that.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:17 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

i totally agree with everyone's statements that the canucks wanted it more in the 3rd, but i would add that the kings really got away from their system and got sloppy. they started trying to outskate the canucks, let the neutral zone open up, started running around in their own zone, and got burned.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:17 AM
William H Bonney

- Quick wasn't bad. He was just average. He didn't give up any soft goals but didn't make any huge saves like Luongo did for Vancouver. We need Quick to be better but he's not the only reason we lost tonight.

- Zeus and Richie both had off games which hurt. Brown and Simmer were our best forwards. It's time to put Williams back in. Clune is in over his head, both with the level of hockey and physically.

- Johnson, Doughty and Scuds were the only d-men to show up. Greene/O'D weren't good at all. Jones was ok but still makes some stupid turnovers.

- Kopitar looked hurt in the 3rd. He was barely moving out there like he was skating in cement. I hope he's ok.

- Our veterans stunk tonight. Hopefully this is the end of Slow'D with the Kings. He's been terrible. Greene had by far his poorest outing. The long ass wind up when he could have just wristed the puck around the boards on the Salo PP goal was just stupid. To be fair, why were these guys out there so much against the Sedin line? Smyth...ugh. Frolov has either made himself a lot cheaper to re-sign or he's now 100% gone.

- Luongo made some big saves. We didn't bury enough of our high quality chances and they did, a few of which came directly off of our screw ups. That's the story of the game. This series isn't over.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Just to be clear, Quick did not lose this game for the Kings. He just didn't make that big save to give them a chance to win.

Luonge didn't play that well, but he stopped Johnson a couple of times alone in front and stopped Frolov on the breakaway. Quick had to make that save against Sedin when the game was 4-4. He didn't and the Kings lost.

Total team failure in the 3rd. They failed to put their chances away and Vancouver succeeded.

Old
Malice430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
Here's another vote for Justin Williams back in the lineup for Game 5. You can't have too many even-tempered, creative playoff veterans who have scored Stanley Cup 7th-game winning goals in your lineup IMO. Enough is enough, 3 straight games scratched and Clune essentially a non-entity tonight.
he scored the last goal in game 7, not the game winner

Old
SFKingshomer

Eh, just a couple plays where our D tried to force things but a good 2 periods. This series is far from over.

Old
Nazzy-19

That was a great game, I nearly had several heart attacks and was chain smoking in the third. IMO, the difference in this game was Luongo standing tall when he needed to, and you guys letting up in the third. Just like game 3, when you guys let up is the only time the Sedins were able to break through.

If you guys want some real entertainment, go read the Canucks GDT. The ups and downs of my fellow posters "Trade the core, blow it up" to "The Sedins are gods" is hilarious.

I said this series would likely go the distance after the first two games, and it looks like that is where it is heading.

Old
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

God, I wish Drewiske could play, or call up Voynov, anyone is better than Jones

Old
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
We can beat this team.
Sure we can. But we sure need to stop those odd-man rushes. They killed us in this game.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Orenji

Kings should just let the Canucks go in the lead in the 1st.

They seem to play better from behind in the 1st/2nd than actually carrying a 1 goal/2 goal lead through 3 periods.

Closed Thread