HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

2010 Kvalserien to Elitserien - Södertälje stays, AIK promoted

Old
04-12-2010, 11:20 AM
svartgul
Hata Löven

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
I don't think gaven is exaggerating the issue, he's pretty dead on and this _will_ happen.

svartgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:51 PM
GoHomez

Well it is certainly a case of mixed emotions having AIK back in the SEL. Good for hockey in Stockholm, sure, but its still AIK, you know...
Along with Djurgårdens recent succes it will probably spark interest for hockey which cant be a bad thing!

How to you guys living in other parts of the country feel, Göteborg, Skellefteå, Linköping et al?
Personally I feel that AIK is more of classic SEL team than Rögle. They, along with a couple of other teams "should" be in the SEL to make it "complete".
What do you think?

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Tomas W

Woohooo, as a SSK fan I am delighted about the outcome about this. It will be good for SSK's finances to have AIK as an opponant in SEL next year. Short travels, lots of people at the game.

Also, while there is plenty of idiots among some AIK "fan"-fractions, who can run amok pretty much anywere, the SSK-AIK games is nowhere near as "high risk" as the AIK-DIF games will be, so probably/hopefully there will not be any major incidents with hooligans at the AxA arena.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 06:17 PM
GuloGulo

As a fan I love this. SEL isn't the same without rodents.
They'll probably suck balls the first year or two, but that's how it rolls.
As for the fans? Well, LHC has filled the violence quota in AIK's absence haha

Only question mark is: AIK are heavily indebted from what I've read. Unless their balance goes from red to black, they cannot access the TV money - has this been solved?

GuloGulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 06:19 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontreal View Post
Well it is certainly a case of mixed emotions having AIK back in the SEL. Good for hockey in Stockholm, sure, but its still AIK, you know...
Along with Djurgårdens recent succes it will probably spark interest for hockey which cant be a bad thing!

How to you guys living in other parts of the country feel, Göteborg, Skellefteå, Linköping et al?
Personally I feel that AIK is more of classic SEL team than Rögle. They, along with a couple of other teams "should" be in the SEL to make it "complete".
What do you think?
Mixed emotions, it's nostalgic to have AIK back and I think they'll be able to draw more people when they are playing road games then Rögle ever could. But I absolutely hate their fans, they already showed what they are capable off and I fear it will get even worse next year when they want to prove them self against SEL teams.

KRM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Yabob

For me personally it will mean more time spent watching the crowd than the game... as I'm a publikvärd (what's the word for that in english btw?) on the standing section in Linköping. Not to mention that it could mean searching everyone before the game.

It should mean more spectators though, as there is probably more AIK fans spread out thru Sweden than there are Rögle fans. It could depend a lot on what kind of team they put on the ice though.

Yabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 02:17 AM
jkrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Mixed emotions, it's nostalgic to have AIK back and I think they'll be able to draw more people when they are playing road games then Rögle ever could. But I absolutely hate their fans, they already showed what they are capable off and I fear it will get even worse next year when they want to prove them self against SEL teams.
Yes those 25 extra fans showing up on away games will be an economic life saver for SEL!

Quote:
For me personally it will mean more time spent watching the crowd than the game... as I'm a publikvärd (what's the word for that in english btw?) on the standing section in Linköping. Not to mention that it could mean searching everyone before the game
Host...

jkrx is offline   Reply With Quote