HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBC Sports Homerism

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
CBC Sports Homerism

I've been stuck in SF all week and as such I've been forced to listen to these two homers.

It will be good to be back to listen to Bob.

You would think that the Kings did not even exist, listening to these a-holes. I couldn't take it anymore, I finally had to turn the sound down.

They sure enjoyed the third period, that's for sure.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Shellz

That's why it's so nice listening to Bob and Jim. Homerism free.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:11 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

well its CBC so of course they are gonna be homers to the Canadian teams.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:11 AM
El Duderino

That's the market they're catering to... chill bud.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:12 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

It's not even Vancouver's team announcers. This is the national broadcasting network.

I guess they don't know there are Canadians on the Kings' team too.

Oh well. I am going out of town again next week but I will be armed. I am going to get me a slingbox.

**** this **** having to listen to insane homers.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Habstract

Non Kings fan who would listen to Bob and Jim would say the same thing! Hughson and Simpson seems to be in love with Doughty and Simmonds tho..

Old
04-22-2010, 12:16 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
That's the market they're catering to... chill bud.
You chill.

How come our own L.A. King announcers are more professional than your national broadcasters?

Are you guys really all that stuck up about your hockey? At least we don't have to put our fan base on suicide watch after a loss.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:17 AM
4ndr3y*

Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
CBC - Canadian Brutal Coverage

Old
04-22-2010, 12:18 AM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loktionov View Post
CBC - Canadian Brutal Coverage

Canadian Bias Coverage

Edit: Canucks Bias Coverage

Old
04-22-2010, 12:20 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

cbc

*****-*****es-*****

Old
04-22-2010, 12:26 AM
carlweezer*

every teams announcers are homers let face it...Jim Hugson used to be the Canucks play by play guy for many years before CBC snatched him..

what about the Jersey Announcer..." you will neverrrrrrr seee a better save"

Old
04-22-2010, 12:31 AM
willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
That's why it's so nice listening to Bob and Jim. Homerism free.
Oh please. Jim is a huge homer and even Bob has his moments, though he's obviously more balanced.

This particular crew is certainly biased towards the Canucks but they really aren't any more biased than Jim/Bob are towards LA. And the various guys they've had during intermissions have been raving about LA.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie View Post
Oh please. Jim is a huge homer and even Bob has his moments, though he's obviously more balanced.

This particular crew is certainly biased towards the Canucks but they really aren't any more biased than Jim/Bob are towards LA. And the various guys they've had during intermissions have been raving about LA.
I agree that the intermission guys have been very fair. I have enjoyed their commentary.

But you are wrong about comparing the two broadcast teams. Jim is not a "huge homer" as you say, but a very thorough and competent analyst. Sure they lean towards the Kings; Bob has even stated he can't stand the homerism and tries his best to keep that out of his broadcasts.

Bob is in the HOF. Can the same be said for the CBC numbnuts?

Old
04-22-2010, 01:41 AM
CF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I agree that the intermission guys have been very fair. I have enjoyed their commentary.

But you are wrong about comparing the two broadcast teams. Jim is not a "huge homer" as you say, but a very thorough and competent analyst. Sure they lean towards the Kings; Bob has even stated he can't stand the homerism and tries his best to keep that out of his broadcasts.

Bob is in the HOF. Can the same be said for the CBC numbnuts?
Jim Hughson? Wouldn't be surprised.

Old
04-22-2010, 01:45 AM
cbjerrisgaard
Finger Biter

Quote:
It's not even Vancouver's team announcers. This is the national broadcasting network.

I guess they don't know there are Canadians on the Kings' team too.

Oh well. I am going out of town again next week but I will be armed. I am going to get me a slingbox.

**** this **** having to listen to insane homers.
Hughey lives in Vancouver and did Canucks play by play for years before being snatched up by CBC.

Old
04-22-2010, 01:48 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie View Post

Jim is far from being a homer..so, not sure what you are talking about and I listen to the guy every game. He calls a very fair game. He might have his rare moments about it but it isn't obvious as the rest. He knows when the Kings are being stupid and he admits it what the team is doing wrong. He's a positive broadcaster.

So, don't, 'oh please' me.

Old
04-22-2010, 01:50 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine to Five View Post
They're as much homers as your announcers are toward your team. Like MOST regional announcers. I mean technically the CBC guys are canadian announcers for a regional team, but I'd be surprised if they didn't show homerism.

and obviously as a canuck fan, I'd say your announcers display homerism and that I don't see any homerism in my own announcers but no one would believe me.

and i'm pretty sure the cbc guys have a hardon for doughty and wayne simmonds.

Now you're just being defensive.

Old
04-22-2010, 01:54 AM
RStar*

I'm finding some of the Kings fans in this thread hilarious. "No, don't you dare say our announcers are bias! They call it fair! They're the best. Your announcers suck!"

We've all heard your announcers Kings fans, there no f'ing difference.
Not to mention even our ****** announcers have anointed Drew Doughty as the second coming of Jesus, but I guess they should be claiming him as the master of the universe instead. Those bias Canadian ********.

Old
04-22-2010, 02:08 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
I'm finding some of the Kings fans in this thread hilarious. "No, don't you dare say our announcers are bias! They call it fair! They're the best. Your announcers suck!"

Not to mention even our ****** announcers have anointed Drew Doughty as the second coming of Jesus, but I guess they should be claiming him as the master of the universe instead. Those bias Canadian ********.
Laugh all you want, but its true. I cringed when I saw the feed I would have to watch and listen to. It was as though Vancouver was playing against Vancouver. You wouldn't know the Kings were in the game. If something went good for Vancouver, then they would get praise. If something went bad for Vancouver, then they would get scorn.

If you closed your eyes for five minutes and just listened, you would not know the Canucks' opponent if you did not know already.

It was pathetic.

Old
04-22-2010, 02:30 AM
4ndr3y*

Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post

Thank you for coming here. Now pack your **** out off here to your teams board mister "referees fault". If you can't find it here's some helpful instructions: It's there where the most whining is involved and where's a lots of talk about conspiracy.

Bob Miller

Old
04-22-2010, 02:31 AM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:
Laugh all you want, but its true. I cringed when I saw the feed I would have to watch and listen to. It was as though Vancouver was playing against Vancouver. You wouldn't know the Kings were in the game. If something went good for Vancouver, then they would get praise. If something went bad for Vancouver, then they would get scorn.

If you closed your eyes for five minutes and just listened, you would not know the Canucks' opponent if you did not know already.

It was pathetic.
To be fair, it is CBC and they are showing this game in Canada, BC in particular, and thier target market is the Canucks fans, not Kings fans.
It would be interesting to see if the Caps or Pens and the Canucks make it to the finals how NBC calls it and how CBC calls it.

I hear alot of prasise for the Kings. Maybe your just hearing what you want to hear? All I hear is Doughty, Johnson and Smyth all game long.

Old
04-22-2010, 02:50 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

most homer announcers won't call out plays where the kings deserved penalties and din't get one. and today jim fox did just that.

Old
04-22-2010, 05:55 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
Jim is far from being a homer..so, not sure what you are talking about and I listen to the guy every game. He calls a very fair game. He might have his rare moments about it but it isn't obvious as the rest. He knows when the Kings are being stupid and he admits it what the team is doing wrong. He's a positive broadcaster.

So, don't, 'oh please' me.
Jim's a homer. Not as bad as other color analysts, but he is a homer.

Old
04-22-2010, 06:07 AM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loktionov View Post
Thank you for coming here. Now pack your **** out off here to your teams board mister "referees fault". If you can't find it here's some helpful instructions: It's there where the most whining is involved and where's a lots of talk about conspiracy.

Bob Miller
I'm an Oilers fan and I hate the Canucks.

Old
04-22-2010, 07:46 AM
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutupgrapes View Post
Jesus man. Do you realize that literally nobody in Canada knows or cares about the Kings? Drew Doughty was on the olympic team, and that's as far as interest in the Kings goes in this country. Meanwhile the Canucks are basically Canada's team (I know people are going to dispute this) by virtue of their record. You can't possibly expect that the CBC crew is going to feel any obligation to try and call the game evenly.
Nobody in Canada cares about the Kings eh? speak for yourself dude. I've been a Kings fan since the mid 80's and I live a short drive from TO. I could go on some profanity laced tirade right now but I will be the better man and refrain but I would like to say that there are alot more Kings fans up here than you would think. PS.. I hate the Sedins but admittedly they are damn good.

Closed Thread