HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Outsider (Leafs fan) looking in. Whats going on?

Old
04-20-2010, 10:47 PM
WTFMAN99

vCash: 500
Outsider (Leafs fan) looking in. Whats going on?

So I was pretty sure Chicago would win a cup or atleast be dependable enough with its players in helping me win a hockey pool. That aside though whats going on with your team how come the offense is hot/cold for you guys? I hope you figure it out as I like your team a lot.

WTFMAN99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Without Campbell and Johnsson our transistion game is bad and our PP is horrendous

And our D sucks outside of Keith and Hjalmarsson

Preds are also kicking our ### and winning all the physical battles ,,, And Toews , Hossa , Versteeg , Sharp and others are MIA

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 01:36 AM
Swifty57

Hawks are waiting till next year the 50th anniversary of winning the cup before doing it again. McCub wants it like that for pr reasons and red carpet events.

Swifty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 01:53 AM
Biolink

Campbell

Preds are whooping us physically.

Their trapping is ******g on, and its neutralized our speed and transition.

Biolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 05:46 AM
Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Without Campbell and Johnsson our transistion game is bad and our PP is horrendous

And our D sucks outside of Keith and Hjalmarsson

Preds are also kicking our ### and winning all the physical battles ,,, And Toews , Hossa , Versteeg , Sharp and others are MIA
I'm not going to question those two players games. They have done all we can really ask at this point. Arguably Toews should have two goals already and Versteeg has been our best forward and yes, I'm completely comfortable saying that. I was really expecting Sharp to come out and have a deadly year in the playoffs but he really hasn't cashed in on anything.

But I really do agree with you BDub (you like how I switch up the spelling of it every time? ) that Hjalmarsson and Keith have been our only serviceable during this series.

Seabrook has looked out of it...out of the play...out of his 'zone'...basically out in space. The guy hasn't looked the same since Wiz layed down that helluva hit on him.

Sopel is being Sopel...we can't expect much out of him in positive regard. He's going to take stupid shots at the net and he's not going to stay with his man and even if he does his slow skating and weak hitting efforts lead him behind the net and create scoring chances for the opposition. Right now he's a 'body' and that is all.

Hendry is doing okay I'd say. He's not making anything happen but he's been alright but then again the rest of our defense has been garbage so I'm not really surprised I haven't really noticed anything as bad.

Byfuglien serves no purpose on this team. I'm tired of waiting around for this guy. I assume we kept him for the sole purpose of the playoffs having him reek havoc in front of the net but what is he honestly contributing to our defense? His turnovers have been mind-bogglingly stupid and blatant, I mean it's not like we ever assumed he'd suddenly develop the skills with the puck but I think I've seen him make roughly about 1 or 2 actual smart plays with the puck since the move. It's rough and it doesn't seem like it's going to get better. We shouldn't fool ourselves into thinking Soupy coming back early is going to change everything or something. He's going to be really stiff and he's not going to be able to take any real contact. At this point, I just want someone up to knock somebody around! The crazy thing is I've seen a ton of Richard Petiot this year in Rockford and he certainly could be called upon to play in Chicago and bring a solid...if not decent two-way game and I just have to question why they haven't brought him in. He's not a right handed shot so he's not going to replace Sopel (God knows Q won't ever only put 2 rightys throughout our 3 pairings) but he certainly would free up a spot so Byfuglien can go back at forward and we can get Eager and Fraser the hell out of here. Not to mention, I'd really like to see Boynton in there...I don't care if he is still wearing the cage, we need a physical presence.

Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:23 AM
WTFMAN99

I heard there was an outside chance of Campbell coming back in this series? Haven't heard anything about Johnsson though.

WTFMAN99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Hawksfan12*

Hawks have been sloppy, bad on the transition, and have had trouble scoring because of this. Game 4 is the biggest game all year so far imo

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 02:47 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biolink View Post
Campbell

Preds are whooping us physically.

Their trapping is ******g on, and its neutralized our speed and transition.
just for clarity. the Preds DO NOT run the classic "trap" that is usually a curse word to hockey purists.

The Preds forecheck like they are starving Ethiopians and the puck is a steak.... but its not a trap, its more aggressive, and leads to our long cycles and most of our scoring chances. Our D men dont pinch as much as you might expect but that doesnt make it a trap...

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 04:21 PM
RichManitoba

This line-up needs Burish. He brings a ####load of energy; seems the Blackhawks need that NOW!

RichManitoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 04:32 PM
southerncross116

Quote:
forechecking like ...starving like...
Wow -the singular most stupid hockey analogy ever.

Beating the Hawks now basically puts anyone on par with ... Columbus, not exactly that big of a deal -it is basically a bunch of kiddies that hadn't worked out that they shouldn't buy in to press articles -and that they still have to play the games. Oh well, it happens - in fact it has for -what.. 49 years?

Now, I mean in terms of relativity ... none still is longer ago that 49 years.

southerncross116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 05:07 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross116 View Post
Wow -the singular most stupid hockey analogy ever.

Beating the Hawks now basically puts anyone on par with ... Columbus, not exactly that big of a deal -it is basically a bunch of kiddies that hadn't worked out that they shouldn't buy in to press articles -and that they still have to play the games. Oh well, it happens - in fact it has for -what.. 49 years?

Huh?

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 01:59 AM
southerncross116

Have a look at post #8 - frankly it wasn't worth quoting the entire post before and it isn't now... but the forechecking analogy was pretty out there.

southerncross116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Nine to Five
Now Eight to Four!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross116 View Post

What did I just read here?

Nine to Five is offline   Reply With Quote