HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 5 - Sens Win 4-3 in Triple OT!

Old
04-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

vCash: 500
Congrats on the win fellas. That was not in our plans, but it was a real gutsy performance from your guys, and a big up to Leclair also.

Its a series again and win or lose, NHL playoffs rock.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:43 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
I wish we could play game 6 at the igloo, out best 3 games have been on the road. Just goes to show how useless stats are from the regular season
We're due for one at home. Hopefully it comes on Saturday!!

FolignoQuantumLeap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:47 PM
Bobby G

Nice win for the Sens

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Bileur

I loved the lines tonight.

Regin-Spezza-Foligno : Regin has just continued his magical run. Foligno was awesome. Spezza had one of his better games. Putting these two high energy/pay the price types with the high skilled guy looks great.

Cullen-Fisher-Alfie : Solid two way line, spreads out the scoring a little thanks to the emergence of Regin. Tonight was really the first time I felt we had more than one line threatening consistently on offense.

Ruutu-Kelly-Neil : This line is just awesome, they have been a rock all year and despite their tendency to take some dumb penalties you have to love the way they play the game

Smith-Winchester-Donovan : The old man draws in and looks decent. The missing ACL does not look to be slowing him down. Winchester had a very solid game and I like what we are seeing from Smith.

I liked what the D brought, and that game shows anyone who wants to unload Volchenkov or replace him with Sutton is out of their minds.

Leclaire .. wow.... what can you even say? Epic performance after pretty much everyone gave up on you. Never seen anything like it.

Murray & Murray - Lamest high five ever, but damn it felt good watching it.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:49 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Excuse me, I have to get it out of my system.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
CARKNER! **** YEAH!!! CROSBY SUCKS !!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOO CUE THE COMEBACK *****ES! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

...thank you.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:50 PM
L'Aveuglette

vCash: 1000
I gotta come out and say it, after regulation ended, I didn't think the Sens deserved to win it. Leclaire was the only reason this thing wasn't 5 or 6 to 3 in favor of the Pens. But the more they played in OT, the more I was cheering for them to win. And when they did, I was ecstatic. Just an amazing feeling to come out on top after playing for what seems like forever.

See ya at SBP Sens! Let's push this one to the limit!

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:53 PM
Lehner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
I loved the lines tonight.

Regin-Spezza-Foligno : Regin has just continued his magical run. Foligno was awesome. Spezza had one of his better games. Putting these two high energy/pay the price types with the high skilled guy looks great.

Cullen-Fisher-Alfie : Solid two way line, spreads out the scoring a little thanks to the emergence of Regin. Tonight was really the first time I felt we had more than one line threatening consistently on offense.

Ruutu-Kelly-Neil : This line is just awesome, they have been a rock all year and despite their tendency to take some dumb penalties you have to love the way they play the game

Smith-Winchester-Donovan : The old man draws in and looks decent. The missing ACL does not look to be slowing him down. Winchester had a very solid game and I like what we are seeing from Smith.

I liked what the D brought, and that game shows anyone who wants to unload Volchenkov or replace him with Sutton is out of their minds.

Leclaire .. wow.... what can you even say? Epic performance after pretty much everyone gave up on you. Never seen anything like it.

Murray & Murray - Lamest high five ever, but damn it felt good watching it.
I agree with ur post for the most part , heres a couple points from me:

Winnie - ****en amazing tonight, i would almost say his best ever.
Spezza - Very good game
Regin - Im in love
Ruutu - I thought had an amazing game.
Cullen - Too bad he reminds me of kelly and has no shot but he played good.
Carkner - best game too
Volchenkov - finally looked like a-train, blocking shots left and right.

Donovan - Hardly saw him..maybe a good thing?
Smith - Hardly saw him..maybe a good thing?

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:53 PM
danishh

vCash: 50
just got back from the local watering hole, sorry i missed the 'hf experience' for this one.

I hope i still make some sense.

1 - Nothing special about any of our goals. Just good defensive play and pouncing on opportunities. Drive the net, shoot, good things happen.

2 - Pascal Leclaire was amazing. Fleury was pretty good too actually. This is the best goatlending we've seen all series. At this point, we live or die by leclaire. Elliott wont get another start in this series.

3 - Alfie still looks hurt. You can see on his face that he's trying, but he's just getting overpowered so much. It really is depressing.

4. Peter Regin has arrived. This series is his coming out party. Regin is saying "i'm a top 6 forward".

5. The 2 non-goals. I agree with both calls. The pittsburgh one was pretty obvious, so i wont really get into that. You'd have to be an idiot to argue with it. As for the foligno one, I have to agree. I dont believe that's what is stated in the rulebook, but Toronto has made it clear with previous calls in the playoffs that they will call that a non-goal 10/10. If I were an impartial observer, i'd have been furious had that standard not been upheld.

6. The pens questionable goal. I think its an odd play. I wasnt aware that "net coming off the moorings" was a reviewable play. You'd think that if the ref on the ice blows it dead, its dead. Whether or not the whistle was blown before it went in, he clearly had intent. I dont think it should have been a goal and I dont think that goals in that circumstance should be reviewable.

7. Matt Carkner. Yay, he's the overtime hero. He also may have been our worst player on the ice all night. I hope he enjoys this, but not too much. He has a lot to work on before saturday night.

8. The length. I'm ****ing exhausted right now. The last time I went to sleep was Tuesday night.. at 1AM. Even then, i had to keep pouring them down to keep me awake, because this game was just so freaking exciting. First period was awesome, slowed down a bit in the 2nd, but from the 3rd period on, that is the best playoff hockey that has been played in the league this year. I challenge anyone to refute that.

9. Sutton was good, and bad. Really impressed me with that fancy move behind the net to keep the puck from (malkin? crosby?). Going for the sutton smash in his signature zone in OT is a stupid move though.

10. Chris Campoli really impressed me tonight. It seems every time he was on the ice, i was thinking to myself: WOW, that's chris campoli? Solid defensive plays, good breakouts, he was exactly what we wanted when we acquired him. If he plays like that, I hope he's back next season. I know he's been building towards this for the past few months, but today he just really stood out to me.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:01 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

One Happy Familly!

Old
04-23-2010, 12:04 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Can't wait to get my 50Vcash i won!

Old
04-23-2010, 12:06 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
just got back from the local watering hole, sorry i missed the 'hf experience' for this one.
Oh, you didn't really miss much

Other then that, you're just about right

Old
04-23-2010, 12:20 AM
swiftwin
#lalala

Gary Bettman after the game:

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:24 AM
playasRus

Was Donno's ice time limited because of his ACL? If so would it not be better to put in Cheech or Shannon who can contribute moer ice time when the game goes for 100min? Z. Smith with 4min?

Other then that wonderment, great game. Kept me from studying hahaha

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:26 AM
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence

Gutsy win.

Ottawa tried to sit on that 2 goal lead and it was painful to watch.

Regin's goal totally shifted the momentum and gave us that chance in OT, where we played much better.

Hopefully Leclaire can keep up his level of play and give us a chance in Game 6.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Sens16

I missed majority of the game because of work come home check the Sens main site and it says 3-3 going to overtime. I saw the rest of the game and was impressed with how the team played. Regin, Karlsson continue to impress, and the Sens played with emotion and urgency to force a game 6. I guess the flak Leclaire took before the game was good luck.

Last edited by Sens16: 04-23-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Sens16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Wolfpuck
Dreamy Defense

Hurricanes fan here

I'm glad to see that Cullen played really well.

And of course, Leclaire was beast. If he can keep God mode turned on...

Wolfpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Golden
Börk Börk Börk

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
LeClaire was great, but not sure why all the Sens fans seem to forget that the forwards caused Pittsburgh all kinds of confusion and the defense did a very decent job of coverage.

Give your whole team credit, but yeah, so nice for Pascal.
You're right. I think many of us came into this game not really expecting much and were just surprised that Pazzy elevated his play. But yes, great team effort in the OTs. That's the team I came to love in the regular season.

Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:34 AM
derriko

i believe smith got hurt in regulation, and besides he wasnt playing as well and agressive as he did in the other games anyway. but i agree with you about donovan, i seriously cant remember him coming out once for all three overtimes.

derriko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:36 AM
KarlSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
i believe smith got hurt in regulation, and besides he wasnt playing as well and agressive as he did in the other games anyway. but i agree with you about donovan, i seriously cant remember him coming out once for all three overtimes.
Long game for a guy without an ACL.

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:42 AM
KarlSen

Interestin, Donovan only played 4:59, and with Zack Smith hurt, he logged 4:37. Sens went through the OT down 2 bodies. Pens only had one guy with less than 10 minutes - Rupp at 9:34, and the next is Adams with 14:16.

Both Shannon and Cheechoo next game???

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:47 AM
ThreeStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Donovan had 3 shifts in the 1st and 3 in 2nd only.

ThreeStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 01:15 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Is it just me, or did Cullen tip Carkners shot...Don't get me wrong, I hope Carks get it, but it just looks like it. I hope they don't find out or review/change it

http://video.thescore.com/watch/nhl-...e-night-apr-22

Old
04-23-2010, 01:46 AM
Pangu

A short bench might not have anything to do with players getting hurt.

Pangu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 01:48 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Leclaire's not part of the 3 stars of the night around the nhl...Boucher, Niemi, Couture.

Old
04-23-2010, 02:04 AM
SENSfreak_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post

7. Matt Carkner. Yay, he's the overtime hero. He also may have been our worst player on the ice all night. I hope he enjoys this, but not too much. He has a lot to work on before saturday night.
I thought Carks quietly played a solid game, actually.

He wasn't perfect, but made a lot of good pinches, and gave him self a few opportunities. I would say it was one of his better games since the break, and I was thinking this before goal.

someone said you'd be a liar if you picked Carkner, I didn't think he would, but something about his game tonight really made me hope he did.

SENSfreak_03 is offline   Reply With Quote