HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 5 - Sens Win 4-3 in Triple OT!

Old
04-23-2010, 02:15 AM
Pangu

vCash: 500
Hey does anyone know who the youngest player in NHL history to play 40 mins in a game is? I don't actually know the answer, but how much younger could they be then Karlsson?

Pangu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 02:18 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSfreak_03 View Post
I thought Carks quietly played a solid game, actually.

He wasn't perfect, but made a lot of good pinches, and gave him self a few opportunities. I would say it was one of his better games since the break, and I was thinking this before goal.

someone said you'd be a liar if you picked Carkner, I didn't think he would, but something about his game tonight really made me hope he did.
I disagree. Watching the game, i consistently noticed Carkner hesitant to pinch, and while he did pinch a few times, the majority were bad ones. He was a constant source of offensive zone turnovers throughout the game and defensively was being outworked by the pens forwards. I believe he can be better, but ignoring the goal, he didnt have a very good night.

04-23-2010, 02:57 AM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

Ruutus leading the playoffs in hits with 27 and PIM with 32!

Volchenkovs leading the playoffs with 26 BS!

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 05:00 AM
oldtimerhockey

enjoy the moment. Pittsburgh looked tired and not entirely focused. Leclaire was the difference.

Last edited by danishh: 04-23-2010 at 03:31 PM.
oldtimerhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 07:20 AM
enviro61

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSfreak_03 View Post
I thought Carks quietly played a solid game, actually.

He wasn't perfect, but made a lot of good pinches, and gave him self a few opportunities. I would say it was one of his better games since the break, and I was thinking this before goal.

someone said you'd be a liar if you picked Carkner, I didn't think he would, but something about his game tonight really made me hope he did.

no doubt, how could anyone say Carkner was having a bad game is beyond me. He could have easily drawn 2 penalties if they refs were calling a fair game. He was tripped once and held another time as he pinched deep into the offensive zone to keep the play alive. What has this guy done wrong, honestly?

enviro61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 07:23 AM
enviro61

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
I disagree. Watching the game, i consistently noticed Carkner hesitant to pinch, and while he did pinch a few times, the majority were bad ones. He was a constant source of offensive zone turnovers throughout the game and defensively was being outworked by the pens forwards. I believe he can be better, but ignoring the goal, he didnt have a very good night.
wrong on all accounts. Were you watching when he got tripped and got a shot through on Fleury that almost lead to a goal. Penalty could have and should have been called there. Were you watching when he was held by some Penguin late in the game, deep in the offensive zone in desperation to prevent another offensive opportunity?

Give me some exampled of poor defensive coverage, cause we obviously must have been watching different games

Old
04-23-2010, 07:53 AM
Penner getrdonebryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrain View Post
Can I borrow your time machine? I have a few things to check out from the future.
Check out the last 4 playoff games we played in Ottawa against the Pens.Then check out Crosby's numbers in those 4 . I would love for us to put up a fight and look like a team which can't be beaten at home but the odds are against us unfortunately.

Penner getrdonebryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 08:18 AM
Jasper

vCash: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens15 View Post
Leclaire's not part of the 3 stars of the night around the nhl...Boucher, Niemi, Couture.
All he did was come in cold to make 59 saves for a 3OT win. I'm pretty sure he'd also need to score a goal, playing in Ottawa.

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 08:31 AM
Disclose

vCash: 1000
well last time we played a game 6, we won it. so the odds at winning are good...

one game at a time boys. If leclaire decided to turn into a wall we have a great chance. forget the rest. we're in Ottawa, the crowd will be pumped and Pittsburgh stars could be getting tired. they've been playing way too much hockey for the past two years.

Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 08:38 AM
2Cowen

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
well last time we played a game 6, we won it. so the odds at winning are good...

one game at a time boys. If leclaire decided to turn into a wall we have a great chance. forget the rest. we're in Ottawa, the crowd will be pumped and Pittsburgh stars could be getting tired. they've been playing way too much hockey for the past two years.
That's what alot of fans have said before entering the playoffs. That alot of the pens player are too tired from too much hockey. 2 Stanley cup finals, olympics etc etc etc. They dont look tired at all. If anything they looked alot better than the last time they played us in the playoffs. I havent watched them in their previous 2 finals enough to make a comparison...If anything I think we looked tired because of their speed and their skills.

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 08:40 AM
c_mak

Send a message via MSN to c_mak
Gotta admit I threw in the towel on the Crosby goal. But this team, this wonderfully plucky team stole my heart again. They stir more emotion in me than the cup drive team did because they play so hard together. Before the series started Elliot Friedman commented that Alfredson was really practicing hard because he felt this was a special group. They may get beat at some point in theses playoffs but they will not roll over for anyone. In lots of ways Carkner's goal represents that struggle to stay in it, do anything you can to get a chance, and then bam hard work and effort rewarded

c_mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Hippie

Way to go Sens!! Great job bringing it back home, and good luck forcing it back to Pittsburgh. BTW, I love the 'Under the radar' avatars....

Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 08:43 AM
enviro61

Right now the Sens are a blue collar team with lots of plumbers and few skilled guys. One of our plumbers unplugged the crapper and scored the OT winner. It was fitting, end of story

Old
04-23-2010, 08:55 AM
scullion44

I wish I had tickets to game 6 it's gonna be sick. Hopefully they can pull the comeback off.

scullion44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:03 AM
SelleckStache

I really hope Leclaire has been keeping his conditioning up. His legs will be cement today/tomorrow.

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:07 AM
OgieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
with the win, we can also now officially lol at the Devils.
The post-lockout Devils have to be the most overrated team in hockey history. Every year the "experts" predict them to go deep and every year they are shocked when the Devils lose early. That team is flawed.

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:14 AM
source

If we lose this series, we can now put most of the blame on Michalek, Kovalev, and Kuba's injuries.

Imagine if we could have just rolled 4 lines in the 3rd and through the OT. It was great to see Clouston show his trust in Winchester though, and I think he delivered - he was really flying whenever he hit the ice in the OT.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:25 AM
YellowPrelude

I was watching the reply of that OT goal and Bob Cole say "the Sens score in the second overtime"....LOL

YellowPrelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Bizarro Bandwagoner

Bruins fan just wanting to say nice job. Fell asleep sometime during the 2nd OT but was happy to awake at 2:30 to see the Sens had pulled it off.

Here's to hoping we can start hating each other next week!

Bizarro Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:45 AM
SelleckStache

Hey, is there anywhere to watch game 6 outdoors?

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:49 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviro61 View Post
Right now the Sens are a blue collar team with lots of plumbers and few skilled guys. One of our plumbers unplugged the crapper and scored the OT winner. It was fitting, end of story

sens83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Bob Kudelski

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelleckStache View Post
Hey, is there anywhere to watch game 6 outdoors?
Right in front of SBP, on the big screens. It is under a tent/tarp though. They servin' beers too!

Bob Kudelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Herc Man
AmandaHugincis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kudelski View Post
Right in front of SBP, on the big screens. It is under a tent/tarp though. They servin' beers too!
Sweet Baby Jesus!!

This is a part of the game I can support. Weather looks to be 20 and sunny for Saturday....Hmmmmm. Sun. Beer. Hockey.

**** I like spring!!

Herc Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Tubby Tuke
Drafting my Overalls

Karlsson in his rookie season is over a PPG in the playoffs.

He's in a 4 way tie for defenseman with points: with Drew Doughty, Jack Johnson and Sergei Gonchar.

Now I know there are mistakes to his game but I just think it's pretty impressive for a rookie to come in and be able to put up those numbers.

Tubby Tuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 10:16 AM
YellowPrelude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe Cookies View Post
Karlsson in his rookie season is over a PPG in the playoffs.

He's in a 4 way tie for defenseman with points: with Drew Doughty, Jack Johnson and Sergei Gonchar.

Now I know there are mistakes to his game but I just think it's pretty impressive for a rookie to come in and be able to put up those numbers.
his second effort when he make a defensive mistake is very weak but his offense is very impressive.

YellowPrelude is offline   Reply With Quote