HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators vs. Blackhawks - Game 4 - 4/22 - 7:30 PM CST "Primal Scream" edition

Old
04-23-2010, 12:39 PM
WalkmanX

vCash: 500
i wasn't able to stay up last night, i was so spent so I'll take the blame

The game was what i was thinking would happen and has happened alot in the regular season, after a great game 3, we don't show up in game 4.

The PP is just ....

The only good that i can think of, is that usually in the regular season when we had this bad of a game, we bounced back really good, so i hope we bring it Saturday ...

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 01:50 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4050
our special teams are atrocious. there is no more horse to beat so Ill leave it at that

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 08:37 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

It's all my fault. I didn't use this last night.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 08:44 PM
predfan98

http://thehockeywriters.com/chinsh-g...bell-wont-die/

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Game 5 thread is available...first-come, first-served!!!

Please wait till midnight...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 09:55 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
And if you put Grebs in the lineup instead of either Hamhuis or Klein, who's going to play the PK? What happens if Klein or Hamhuis, whichever one is playing of course, takes a penalty, who's gonna on the blue line? Suter, Weber, Bouillon and who? You want Grebs or Franson on the PK? You think the PK is bad or poor now, wait til you have a rookie like Franson on it or Grebs, a guy who hasn't played in weeks on it. That doesn't sound like the best idea to me.
I would rather have my grandmother on the blue line than Kevin Klein.

After everyone rattled off the reasons he should play ahead of Franson if Grebs was put in the lineup, I really tried to give him a chance...but I just don't see it. He's a total liability every time he's out there. He has no confidence and makes anyone who's paired with him look terrible. I just cannot understand why Trotz likes him so much.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 11:16 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
I would rather have my grandmother on the blue line than Kevin Klein.

After everyone rattled off the reasons he should play ahead of Franson if Grebs was put in the lineup, I really tried to give him a chance...but I just don't see it. He's a total liability every time he's out there. He has no confidence and makes anyone who's paired with him look terrible. I just cannot understand why Trotz likes him so much.
So their first PP goal was all Klein's fault? How so? Elaborate.

The third goal, he was on the bench. Suter and Bouillon both made bad plays. Last time I checked they were pretty good.

Hate on Klein all you want but at the end of the day, he plays hurt, case in point last night, and has been part of the reason we're in the playoffs whether you want to believe that or not. We live and die as a team. Has Klein been amazing, by no means but at the same time, he hasn't been this atrocious piece of crap on the ice either. I'm sure we could call up Greg deVries and see if he's available or maybe get Bill Houlder back out there or see what Cale Hulse is doing.

There were lots of people who bagged on Suter for years and he turned out ok last time I checked and it really wasn't until this year that people actually started to like him or the majority of people I should say. Klein isn't going to turn into Suter any time soon and probably never will. Is he a serviceable defensemen, yes. Get used to him because he's gonna be here another 3 years to drive you crazy.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 11:30 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I'm sure we could call up Greg deVries and see if he's available
He was in the players box last night, actually, along with Bonk. Good to see those guys.

Anyway, I agree with you on Klein. He is far better than Franson at least in this series because Franson is fatally slow. Grebs coming in for Franson would allow us to pair Klein only with Boullion, though, which historically has worked better.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 11:48 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
He was in the players box last night, actually, along with Bonk. Good to see those guys.

Anyway, I agree with you on Klein. He is far better than Franson at least in this series because Franson is fatally slow. Grebs coming in for Franson would allow us to pair Klein only with Boullion, though, which historically has worked better.
Also, Trotz is using the threesome of Hamhuis, Bouillon and Klein as basically his second and third pair and rotating them with Suter/Weber. We'll see the elite pair, then some form of the three head monster, followed by the elite guys, followed by a different pair of the three headed monster and every so often, we'll see Franson on the ice to spell someone or a pair that needs some rest. Hamhuis is too valuable to sit or not play because he's paired with Franson but Franson isn't good enough yet to be on the ice 20 minutes a night so he gets limited minutes and we have to put up with a Hamhuis/Klein pairing.

I'd actually prefer a Suter/Hamhuis pairing on the PK's top unit with Klein and Bouillon on the second pairing or put Weber with Bouillon. I think we'd have better success that way.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote