HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

WCQF | Game 5 | Kings @ Canucks | 04/23/10 | WAKE UP KINGS!! VAN Lead 3-2

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2010, 12:49 AM
socalpuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
It didn't have to be, never should have been, and must never be. If Murray places the team in a position to fail, he should be fired. I don't expect a coach to play the game or win the game but I do expect his decisions not to put the team in the place he put the team tonight before the puck was dropped.
Agree! You put your best team on the ice and with Jones that is not the best team, also with Jones being paired with Johnson and no one having confidence in Jones defense Johnson was very hesitent to jump into the offensive play ( the little that there was).
It will be very interesting to see the character this young team shows on sunday

Old
04-24-2010, 12:50 AM
Hollywood

I do not think Bernier will be called up for the simple fact that Lombardi will look like an idiot IMO(In that why wasn't he up all year)
Do I think they should? 110%
The whole team including Quick is out of gas. Vancouver is totally outcoaching us and we have no strategy against their skillful attack. Nothing.
We should have went with Game 1 line up. Coach fail.
Goaltending fail.
Fail all around.
Strategy change. Goaltending change. Get Jones out

Old
04-24-2010, 12:50 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Can't we blame the refs or an NHL conspiracy against us like Canucks fans do whenever they lose?

Old
04-24-2010, 12:53 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
I thought Harry Potter was the "boy who lived"
Nope. It's Johnathan Bernier! And when ever Randy Jones steps on the ice he can use his patrunus. Expecto Potrelum!!

Okay, i think nerded myself out enough tonight!

Old
04-24-2010, 12:54 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Bernier's place is not here, not now. To do so would be beyond amateurish. We win with Quick, we lose with him. Quick looks exhausted. His focus after that 3rd goal was completely gone.

I just want to see one thing - will Murray keep Jones in the lineup? It will tell me everything I want to know about Murray's ability to adjust, adapt and learn.

Old
04-24-2010, 12:54 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Welp, now that I can take a breather from the horror of all these threads...

It was a tough loss to take today, but it is not over yet. Still have to go back to Staples and stave off elimination. If we take this to game 7 anything can happen.

I am mostly disappointed with Murray. I don't believe his decisions have been very good since our last win. I am proud of our season and our guys regardless. The future still looks fantastic, but we still have some work now and I hope the Kings see it through with their best effort.

As much as I would like to see Bernier, we highly likely won't and probably shouldn't. Quick needs to see this through, and Bernier has his marching orders in Manchester. He is on the verge of an AHL championship. Let him see that through. He will be here backstopping us back to the playoffs next season...

GO KINGS!

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
04-24-2010, 12:55 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

QUICK IN NET FOR GAME 6

Quote:
He’s got to get himself ready for Game 6. Quick is going to go. He’s been our guy all year long, and the one thing that I’ve always liked about his attitude is the mental toughness part of it, that he can move through bad games and get himself prepared to play.”

Old
04-24-2010, 12:57 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
(mod hat on)

Canuck fans:

Think twice about posting in this thread tonight. There is very little that will not be constituted as trolling, particularly after tonight's game. Posting to the series thread in the SC Playoffs forum or in the Canucks forum would be better options.

Gracias.

(mod hat off)
(Zad hat on)

I have nothing witty to offer...damn...

(Zad hat off)

Old
04-24-2010, 12:59 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Bernier's place is not here, not now. To do so would be beyond amateurish. We win with Quick, we lose with him. Quick looks exhausted. His focus after that 3rd goal was completely gone.

I just want to see one thing - will Murray keep Jones in the lineup? It will tell me everything I want to know about Murray's ability to adjust, adapt and learn.
Jones needs to be out of the lineup, but who's going to go in? Either Harrold has a broken hand or Murray doesn't trust him, and it's extremely clear Murray does not trust Drewiske at all, so I don't see how Jones comes out of the lineup.

Believe me, I don't want Jones in there. He's not the only problem since there were a ton tonight, but he hurts the team way more than he helps it. I really want to see Drewiske get a shot. WTF not? He probably would not be the difference between winning and losing on Sunday so let's see what the kid has.

Old
04-24-2010, 12:59 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

A sign of what happens when you try to match speed with grit. The Canucks skated circles all around the Kings and nobody could catch them.

This team has always had problems with the faster teams like Vancouver and Detroit and Nashville and Phoenix and Chicago and so on and so forth.

There are only three skaters on the blueline who can keep up with the pace in Doughty, Johnson and Scuderi. If you can't match up with speed, then out muscle them, but even that the Kings couldn't do right.

I've been a supporter of Quick's, I still think he is a capable goalie, but I question if he's a goalie you would want to ride to the playoffs. It is good that Dean has him signed to a decent contract because he is earning the paycheck of a very good backup goalie. Keep that spot warm for Bernier because he's going to take the helm as the starter next season.

The Kings had no jump in their game at all tonight and you can see the confidence gradually waning in the 3rd period of Game 4. Best is to hope that they take this as a learning experience and come back to camp hungrier than ever. Next step in development is proving that this year was not a fluke, decidedly getting into the playoffs and contending for home ice advantage, and trying to advance past the first round.

Dean Lombardi is well aware of what holes he has to fill this summer. I see them making two significant additions next summer, maybe one trade and one free agent signing, but I don't think he'll be idle this summer.

Old
04-24-2010, 01:00 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:

I have nothing witty to offer...damn...
That's a first.

Old
04-24-2010, 01:00 AM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

04/23/10 - Post Game Interviews - KINGS

Click HERE to watch!

Old
04-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Hollywood

Quote:
QUICK IN NET FOR GAME 6
This is a quote before Lombardi has had a chance to evaluate. Lombardi makes this call. He did make his bed though this year.... I do think he will sleep in it though i wish he wouldn't

Old
04-24-2010, 01:03 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsVision View Post
04/23/10 - Post Game Interviews - KINGS

Click HERE to watch!
If KingsVision had any balls, they would put up an interview with Randy Jones.

Old
04-24-2010, 01:03 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Can't we blame the refs or an NHL conspiracy against us like Canucks fans do whenever they lose?
Maybe 20% could be blamed on them...if that... 40% on Jones...25% on Quick...the rest on Odie/Smyth...

Old
04-24-2010, 01:05 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Who in their right mind would even want to interview Jones? That's like saying you want to make out with someone who has the plague.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
Maybe 20% could be blamed on them...if that... 40% on Jones...25% on Quick...the rest on Odie/Smyth...
But I want to blame the refs. It's so much easier than actually admitting the Kings were completely outplayed and deserved to lose.

Old
04-24-2010, 01:06 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
QUICK IN NET FOR GAME 6
It's Quick's team. While you can argue that Bernier could give the Kings a better chance to win, I'm OK with Quick getting the nod because the team lives and dies together. The entire team has to play better - Quick included. A goalie change would provide an excuse to the other guys on the team and they do not need excuses right now. They need to nut up and play like they are capable of. Nobody's going to swoop in and bail them out. They need to bail themselves out.

Old
04-24-2010, 01:06 AM
Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
A sign of what happens when you try to match speed with grit. The Canucks skated circles all around the Kings and nobody could catch them.

This team has always had problems with the faster teams like Vancouver and Detroit and Nashville and Phoenix and Chicago and so on and so forth.

There are only three skaters on the blueline who can keep up with the pace in Doughty, Johnson and Scuderi. If you can't match up with speed, then out muscle them, but even that the Kings couldn't do right.

I've been a supporter of Quick's, I still think he is a capable goalie, but I question if he's a goalie you would want to ride to the playoffs. It is good that Dean has him signed to a decent contract because he is earning the paycheck of a very good backup goalie. Keep that spot warm for Bernier because he's going to take the helm as the starter next season.

The Kings had no jump in their game at all tonight and you can see the confidence gradually waning in the 3rd period of Game 4. Best is to hope that they take this as a learning experience and come back to camp hungrier than ever. Next step in development is proving that this year was not a fluke, decidedly getting into the playoffs and contending for home ice advantage, and trying to advance past the first round.

Dean Lombardi is well aware of what holes he has to fill this summer. I see them making two significant additions next summer, maybe one trade and one free agent signing, but I don't think he'll be idle this summer.
He's always idle. The only reason we are better is because of players getting older. Lombardi gets way too much credit for doing nothing. There is not a gm in the league over the course of 4 years that has done less. Not one
I will be completely surprised if he does what is needed. Scoring forward. Puck moving Defenceman. Trade Quick. Sign an Avery/ carcillo/ Burrows type player. Prove it dean. Step up

Old
04-24-2010, 01:07 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
The only interview I would want to see with Jones is on DUCKSVISION...or in a GMs office in the KHL...

Old
04-24-2010, 01:10 AM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
there's not a chance they're going to call up bernier. that would absolutely kill quick for next season and lombardi, as much as it might suck for us, has to consider it. quick doesn't have a ton of value (not many goalies do, really), so it's not like he's getting traded THIS off-season either. bernier will have his time to shine. but it definitely isn't now. not yet.

i wore my kings jersey all day today. i won't on sunday. sorry guys, my bad.

the first period will be the true test of this team's worth. if they can play a solid period and if quick can make his saves, they can win the game. they have to come out strong. rarely has this been a pressing need for this team (more of an irritating nuisance, really), but they have to come out flying on sunday. i expect them to, being at home in an elimination game. they just can't hold back now.

i don't think this team is good enough to win it all yet, but i don't want the ride to end either. this season has been too much fun for it to go out with a whimper. force a game 7..."anything can happen".

Old
04-24-2010, 01:14 AM
Chazz Reinhold

One thing's for sure: the Kings need to increase their team speed in the offseason.

Old
04-24-2010, 01:15 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
He's always idle. The only reason we are better is because of players getting older. Lombardi gets way too much credit for doing nothing. There is not a gm in the league over the course of 4 years that has done less. Not one
I will be completely surprised if he does what is needed.
Uhh... what?

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=23500387&postcount=3

I know emotions are high after a loss like that but come on. You can't go from giving Dean an 8.5 of 10 to saying this. Alcohol doesn't even cause that.

Old
04-24-2010, 01:17 AM
JFJ fan212*

Flamea fans here. Just like to say, Canuck fans are the worst in the NHL. Class and Canucks don't belong together.

Go Kings Go!!

Old
04-24-2010, 01:18 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quick is the goalie we need to ride, but he got rode way too much on the way here.

Murray failure.

Old
04-24-2010, 01:20 AM
Johnny Utah

O'Donnell has been awful and he hasn't been physical either.

The Kings are really missing a tough D man who can skate. Souray, Hamhuis, Mitchell, Morris....those are the type of guys we need.

Closed Thread