HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF | Game 5 | Kings @ Canucks | 04/23/10 | WAKE UP KINGS!! VAN Lead 3-2

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2010, 02:55 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Why do most Canuck fans have a superiority complex? They remind me of Laker fans in Los Angeles, but at least they're the first or second most accomplished team in the league.

I expect this from the Red Wings or Penguins. Not the Canuck fans.
Give us a mulligan, we are DIEING for a championship, Just one, That's all we want

Old
04-24-2010, 02:56 AM
CrazyCanucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Why do most Canuck fans have a superiority complex? They remind me of Laker fans in Los Angeles, but at least they're the first or second most accomplished team in the league.

I expect this from the Red Wings or Penguins. Not the Canuck fans.
It's because of all the weed we grow up here. Even Snoop loves coming here for the weed, just really strong up here.

Old
04-24-2010, 02:58 AM
CrazyCanucks

How come Sunday's game is on at 6 and not at 7? Both teams are on the coast...

Old
04-24-2010, 02:58 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

I actually left to meet up with some friends when it was 4-1, just got back to see the final score. Very disspoijting display out there tonight. I expected Quick to bounce back but he laid an egg, now TM wants to see him bounce back agian? I would love Bernier to be called up but don't think its happening so either Quick shows up Sunday or we have no chance of going back to Vancouver for game 7.

Oh yeah and **** O'brien, ****ing stupid mother ****ing piece of ****. Clune is hurt so put Ivanans in and have him beat the **** out of that ass clown.

Old
04-24-2010, 03:00 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Just wait till they get their ***** handed to them in the second round and find something new to whine about and point their fingers on Luongo and the Sedins. It is an annual ***** fest with those Nucks fans.

Old
04-24-2010, 03:02 AM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
How come Sunday's game is on at 6 and not at 7? Both teams are on the coast...
Versus national broadcast. They want folks on the east to be able to watch more of the game.

Old
04-24-2010, 03:03 AM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
it's funny because we were 2 inches and 13 minutes from sweeping the canucks right out of the first round. i mean, it's meaningless at this point, but pretending "we were just laying back" is so stupid that all you can do is laugh.

Old
04-24-2010, 03:05 AM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Versus national broadcast. They want folks on the east to be able to watch more of the game.
Thx! Surprised that a US National channel is actually going to show a Canadian team, they never do that.

Old
04-24-2010, 03:05 AM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
Thx! Surprised that a US National channel is actually going to show a Canadian team, they never do that.
Versus has shown Games 1-4 and 6 of the Kings/Canucks nationally in the US (Games 1 and 2 were the CBC feed rebroadcast. 3,4 and 6 were Versus' own productions). They've also shown all games of the Montreal/Washington series and all games of the Pittsburgh/Ottawa series.

You're probably thinking of NBC - they typically only show US match-ups. Versus couldn't care less who is playing who during the playoffs - they show as many games as one channel possibly can.

Old
04-24-2010, 03:24 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Just got back from the watch party, nothing to add on the game that hasn't been said. I would however like to say this, the idiot (I don't know his name) who is part of the Kings crew who is on the jumbotron all the time interviewing people and doing skits and what not, this guy is a POS pansy, male cheerleader who has probably never played any sport in his life. The Kings are losing 6-2 and instead of just letting us drink our sorrows away he is still trying to be male cheerleader and then has the nerve to make a comment about how he thought these were "real kings fans" just because no one would follow his stupid cheer when we were down 6-2. I like these watch parties for the most part, but screw this clown, what a disgrace.

Old
04-24-2010, 03:34 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Just wait till they get their ***** handed to them in the second round and find something new to whine about and point their fingers on Luongo and the Sedins. It is an annual ***** fest with those Nucks fans.
I hope they play Chicago and get their ***** handed to them

Old
04-24-2010, 03:41 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Have you guys really already given up?

Talking about Vancouver's 2nd round opponent?

While the play of Quick makes it very hard to be confident, this team has done too much for us to quit on them right now, we have won two in a row plenty of times this year.

Old
04-24-2010, 03:44 AM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ean View Post
I love how everyone is talking about the *off*season when the Kings are 1 game down and the series is coming BACK to LA for an opportunity to tie the series.
The only thing worse than the offseason is the fact that Randy Jones had the 4th most ice time among our defenseman.

Old
04-24-2010, 04:02 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

not sure how many more times i can handle bob miller say, "Smyth has the puck roll off his stick" or "Williams' pass is intercepted"

get Kopitar a sniper!

Old
04-24-2010, 04:25 AM
Orenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
not sure how many more times i can handle bob miller say, "Smyth has the puck roll off his stick" or "Williams' pass is intercepted"

get Kopitar a sniper!
We have the most cap space. We've proven we are the next Penguins/Blackhawks. We got over 100 points even with a green goaltender and a lot of young guys.

If Kovalchuk comes to LA, we might very well have a 45+ goal scorer and two guys who can get to 100 points.

But that's all if DL wants him. It would be nice to have Kopitar/Kovalchuk for the next five plus years to look forward to. But we also need a defensive partner for Johnson in the summer. Those are two biggest things we need.

Maybe even get Patrick Sharp from Chicago when Frolov leaves.

Old
04-24-2010, 04:37 AM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

4/23/10 - Game 5 Recap

Kings Vision takes one final look at the Kings performance in game five of their series against the Canucks.

Click HERE to watch.

Old
04-24-2010, 04:37 AM
dogyekcoh*

The Kings need to come out and play with some nastiness on Sunday. Kopi and the boys seem too nice and mellow. They weren't feisty or playing with an edge like Kessler, Samuelsson and the rest of the Canucks did. We need to wake the Fu(k up and play with some mean streak. I am tired of getting push around.
Smyth needs to sit along with Jones and I don't think Clune will be able to plays on Sunday. If he does play, I am sure he will be useless out there like he was today.
While we are at it, sit OD as well. He is too slow for the Nucks' speed. I would put Drewiske in place of OD and Harrold in place of Jones. Parse and Ivanans should replacing Smyth and Clune.

Last edited by dogyekcoh*: 04-24-2010 at 04:56 AM.
Old
04-24-2010, 04:43 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Old
04-24-2010, 05:45 AM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

Kings never addressed the real problem of Samuelsson. He's scored in every game this series, twice multiple goals. He is literally approximately half of the Canucks offensive output in this series.

I just don't think the Kings have all the answers for the Canucks this season.

Win or lose, I expect passion from this team on Sunday.

Old
04-24-2010, 06:11 AM
OldGreatWestern

we said get rid of stoll on the powerplay and replace him with jack - it worked
we said dont let randy jones touch the ice - 2 and 0
sometimes i truly believe that this silly message board could run the team better than kings management.

that being said, everyone sucked tonight, i dont know about u guys, but after that last loss i kind of felt we missed our chance at tacking this series. it took away our kingsness (aka our carlness).

Line should be:

Richardson - Kopitar - Simmonds
Smyth - Stoll - Brown
Frolov - Handzus - Modin
Parse - Halpern - Williams

We arnt going to match there physicality, our guys just wont do it. all we can do is hang with their offense and be better than them on defense and hope to win the special teams battle.

Old
04-24-2010, 07:14 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Just an opinion, but I still haven't really seen the situation where a "sniper" would have made the difference.

Old
04-24-2010, 07:59 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Just an opinion, but I still haven't really seen the situation where a "sniper" would have made the difference.
See Samuelson...If the Kings had a player with 7 goals in 5 games, they would probably be up 3-2 or already done. Before last night, they Kings only lost by 3 total goals in their 2 losses. You don't think Kovalchuk is better than Smyth?

We do not know how good Kopitar can be with a legitimate sniper on his wing. Cammy was the closest he's ever had. And Kovalchuk > Cammy. Hell, Gaborik > Cammy.

Last edited by Sydor25: 04-24-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old
04-24-2010, 08:30 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Also, why not play Greene with Johnson? Give the Doughty pair 30+ minutes, the Johnson pair 20 minutes and the 3rd pair 10 minutes? How hard is that to do?

Old
04-24-2010, 08:38 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

After these playoffs, I don't think Frolov will be resigned. I see Stoll going in the summer aswell if we can only keep 1 of him or Zeus. Resigning Modin for 1 year would be cool since we still need veterans around for Loki, Schenn etc

Main priority should be a d-man to partner JJ, then we go after Kovy

Old
04-24-2010, 09:02 AM
socalpuck

I will worry about the off season when it gets here but for right now i want to see how this team will respond sunday. It will say alot about the character of the young guys and the leadership of the vets

Closed Thread