HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF | Game 5 | Kings @ Canucks | 04/23/10 | WAKE UP KINGS!! VAN Lead 3-2

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2010, 02:23 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by corman View Post
Call me a troll I don't care, I am a hockey fan and read ALOT of other teams forums, I love hockey. You bash the vancouver fans? Tell me how many straight sell out stadiums have the kings had compared? The Canuck fans have supported thier team by selling out the stadium close to 400 times in a row. Not bad for a city a fraction of LA. Go ahead and flame, but the fans here a passionate we eat , sleep , live hockey.
There go ahead and flame me, I don't care. I look forward to a great entertaining game Sunday.
This would matter if you population was only like 30,000 more than GM Place's capacity.

Where are the Grizzlies now? How is your MLB team doing? That's right, none of that exists in Vancouver.

Color me unimpressed that you manage to sell out your only major sports team that conveniently plays the national pastime. Kudos.

Old
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme1995 View Post
yea same here.
Thirded.

The only Canucks' player I wouldn't mind seeing in a Kings uni is Kesler. The rest are divers, clowns, goons, all of the above, or ginger aliens.

Old
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Someone should make a compilation gif of all his dives and post it on the main board.
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HERO200 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1
That one play with Williams going hard to the net and Luo flopped was hilarious! What a diver!

Old
04-24-2010, 02:28 PM
KingsFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
ah someone found the bottle of Prozac. Pass it to the left my friend
Prozac/Crown Royal....same effect

Old
04-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Shankill Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by corman View Post
The Canuck fans have supported thier team by selling out the stadium close to 400 times in a row
lol we just passed 300 like 2 weeks ago. That's not close.

Old
04-24-2010, 02:46 PM
corman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankill Butcher View Post
Thats correct.
I couldn't remember the number, my point was this is a hockey city, they love hockey.

Old
04-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankill Butcher View Post
Rounding up? Nice streak, though.

The best things about this series in the grand scheme of things are that one, we know what holes we need to plug in the lineup, and two, valuable experience for the youngsters. I may have been pessimistic, but I honestly thought guys like Brown, Kopitar, and Frolov were going to absolutely disappear. They may not be producing points like we want to, but I'm impressed with their physical (Frolov!) and defensive (Kopitar!) play. That's not to say I don't want more.

Old
04-24-2010, 03:12 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

I love how all these canucks fans come in here and say something thats either trying to insult the team or the fanbase or they try and troll. Then at the end of their post say, "by the way not trying to flame or anything" just GTFO.

Old
04-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Nazzy-19

Question for Kings fans?

Moving forward, do you see Murray as your guy? I'm not saying he should be fired if you end up losing this series, just that a lot of times the coach who helps develop a young team towards being a contender isn't the guy to take them to the next level.

I gave Murray a lot of credit after game 3 for seemingly making the necessary adjustments throughout the series, but since then he's been a bit erratic.

Old
04-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Rob Zepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
...but, Jensen is a Canuck fan now that he spends so much time in Vancouver. Jared still likes the Stars however.

Old
04-24-2010, 03:18 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzy-19 View Post
Question for Kings fans?

Moving forward, do you see Murray as your guy? I'm not saying he should be fired if you end up losing this series, just that a lot of times the coach who helps develop a young team towards being a contender isn't the guy to take them to the next level.

I gave Murray a lot of credit after game 3 for seemingly making the necessary adjustments throughout the series, but since then he's been a bit erratic.
Not one Kings fan has expected Murray to be the guy that is coaching this team when they are legit Cup contenders. On the same token, nobody thought that this was a 100-point squad this season unless their name was Homer H. Homerson.

Old
04-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzy-19 View Post
Question for Kings fans?

I think he was brought in here as a short term solution to develop some defensive skills on this team, which he has done so. Kopitar has become more of a complete player as a result, as have others. But I don't think he's going to be behind the bench for long.

The team needs a coach who can implement a high-tempo game while still maintaining structure, someone along the likes of Dave Tippett.

Old
04-24-2010, 03:23 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

This last page got cleaned up fast. Thank God.

Please just leave the Kings' board alone, Canucks' fans.

Old
04-24-2010, 03:26 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
I hope they play Chicago and get their ***** handed to them
Quitter. I call Quitter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
How sad is it when the opposition is telling you we can win the next game when some of you can't believe it yourself? WOW. That's so sad. Thanks Crazy.
"Over! Did you say over? It ain't over til we say it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor . . . ?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
In fairness, I think the minority feel that way. The majority do not believe it over and speaking for the majority (perhaps out of turn and without the right to), we can still win this series.

This isn't exactly how we planned it but one of my favorite expressions is that everyone has a plan until they get hit. We were just hit.
Classic Clausewitz: The best of plans don't survive the first second of contact.
We have a war on right now, and as long as were still breathing, WE FIGHT ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
It is harder than what you just made it sound but easy enough for a coach to do. Murray has made some gross errors this series. I give him credit for pulling Jones. I give him full blame for putting him back in. I give him credit for pulling Williams. I give him full blame for putting him in and then putting those goof ball lines together from 2 to 4. Most of all though, he didn't respond to the lines put out there. I know they get the last change, but there is such a thing as a quick change to avoid Jones and Johnson with the 4th line being stuck out there with the Sedin line. I really need to stop *****ing about Murray though. At the end of the day, the boys still need to play.
Murray was outcoached by his own myopia. I said it after game one: The only ice time Jackass should see is practice ice. Those lines last night were ultimate fail. TM needs to step up to the accountability ledger and sign his name next to last nights game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
This is what happens in the playoffs. This is a learning experience for most of the players, some have learned they love the playoffs while others are learning it's tough to score points. They're also learning that every mistake is under a microscope-which is a huge adjustment for most King players who have 1 beat writer following the team during the regular season. The most important lessons I hope the Kings have learned is that this is now a 1 game season. All you have to do is win your next game which is what you're supposed to do anyway. And for those of you who are new to the playoffs you can now see for every superstar like Joe Thornton who is just is a complete failure in the playoffs there are guys like Mikael Samuelson who step up and carry their team. The Kings have not gotten that production out of any one player. And LA has players like Dustin Brown who is a minus 6, Brad Richardson is minus 7 and Jarret Stoll who have completely dissapeared. Then you look back in net and see Jonathon Quick with a 3.58 GAA. If you look at the stats of the King players it's shocking that this is still a 1 game series, now it's put up or shut up time. Just win Game 6.
You are so right! Stanley Cup Playoff games seperate the men from the boys. If you WANT IT, YOU MUST GO GET IT. Nothing is givien to you in the second season. Someone, or everyone, needs to take a long hard look inside, and ask themselves why they play hockey. If the answer isnt to the best and win Hockey's version of the Holy Grail, then they dont belong here. But they all play for that reason, and they all need to remind themselves that it takes every ounce of strength, effort and mental concentration on every shift to get to the next round.
so far that has happened only sporadically.

The season is down to one game. Win and go on to the next game lose and go golfing. Lets see just how our character guys display that character tomorrow.

And lets see how you who all call yourself FANS respond as well. Sunday better be the loudest ngith yet of the series, and it wont happen that way if you all mope your way into the arena and dont give it your all, just like we want our team to do.

Like I said before BELIEVE

AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT

Go KINGS GO!

Go KINGS GO!

Go KINGS GO!

Go KINGS GO!

Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 04-24-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old
04-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Just an opinion, but I still haven't really seen the situation where a "sniper" would have made the difference.
Maybe you are right..........

but try to watch what happens when Smyth enters the zone
and is in puck possession.
His hockey IQ is near to zero. He is good ins screening the goalie, deflect and
score garbage goals. That is what his job is.

Try to imagine there is someone who is able to win this one on one
and pulls the attention from the 2nd defenseman.
Or even better is able to score or creating chances on his own.

This should be the job of Kopitar but his line mates are way to weak to
support him.

Old
04-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I think he was brought in here as a short term solution to develop some defensive skills on this team, which he has done so. Kopitar has become more of a complete player as a result, as have others. But I don't think he's going to be behind the bench for long.

The team needs a coach who can implement a high-tempo game while still maintaining structure, someone along the likes of Dave Tippett.

I'm not as anti-Murray as some of you. To be honest I think he has done a reasonably good job. I have no idea why Jones is still getting ice time.... But It isn't easy to take a young team and move them to the playoffs and he should get some credit for that. It isn't luck that we made it it's because the coaching staff worked with the talent to help them move to the next level.

Drafting well is only part of the game. The harder part is using that talent and developing it.

That being said.... Tippet is a much better coach! I don't think much of the organization is still around that remembers him though.... Only the fans!

Old
04-24-2010, 06:22 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Luongo really is a diving sissy. I've lost so much respect for him this series. Forsberg with goalie pads.
He's been doing that his whole career. Lost my respect years ago.

Old
04-24-2010, 06:34 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Please continue the chit-chat in the series thread:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=761970

Gracias...

Closed Thread