HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

$59 million in 2010-11?

Old
04-24-2010, 10:55 AM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The league has maintained a slight increase(1%-2%).Former NHLPA assistant boss says $57.7 million. Team exec tells Toronto Star $59 million. Boston Globe says $58 million. Go figure. We'll find out in late June right before the draft.
It will probably be the middle number, around $58.1 million or something like that.

UAGoalieGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I'd love to have Martin on this team too, I think I'd rather the Rangers invest in him then Volchenkov off now, if they are looking to add a D-man. Definitly a possibily with the cap possibly going up to $59 million. Martin just turned 29 last month and had a cap hit of $3.383 million. I'm guessing the Rangers would have to pony up 4 years at $5.25 million per year, which I'd be willing to pay, even with the injury last season. He more then likely was going to be a captain for team USA during the Olympics. He provides solid defense along with some offense (averages around 30pts a year).

Let's see how this works out, via capgeek:

- Waive Redden/Voros.
- Trade Gilroy at draft.
- Brashear to LTIR or dealt.
- Re-sign Staal (3yrs @ $3 million).
- Re-sign Girardi (2yrs @ $2.25 million).
- Re-sign Christiansen (2 yrs @ $800K).
- Re-sign Prust (2yrs @ $600K).
- Re-sign Shelley (1yr @ $725K).
- Resign Eriksson (1yr @ $600K).
- One of Sangs/Sauer/McD make the team out of cap ($875K salary).
- MZA gets rookie ELC for his age (2yrs @ $875K) and most bonus' can be deferred, if necessary to next season.
- Sign Kovalchuk (8yrs @ $8 million).
- Sign Martin (4yrs @ $5.25 million).
- Sign Hedberg (2yrs @ $800K).

* Ilya Kovalchuk ($8.000m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m) / Chris Drury ($7.050m)
Ryan Callahan ($2.300m) / Sean Avery ($1.938m) / Brandon Dubinsky ($1.850m)
* Mats Zuccerello-Aasen ($0.875m) / Artem Anisimov ($0.822m) / * Erik Christensen ($0.800m)
* Jody Shelley ($0.725m) / * Brandon Prust ($0.600m) / Brian Boyle ($0.525m)
DEFENSEMEN
* Paul Martin ($5.250m) / Michal Rozsival ($5.000m)
* Marc Staal ($3.000m) / * Daniel Girardi ($2.250m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) / Bobby Sanguinetti ($0.855m)
* Anders Eriksson ($0.600m)
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / * Johan Hedberg ($0.800m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
ROSTER: 21; PAYROLL: $58.702m; CAP ROOM: $0.511m BONUSES: $0.212m

Leaves around $500K in cap room. Don't know if that's the best idea, with just 12 forwards, but 7 D-men. And possible lines of:

Dubinsky - Christiansen - Gaborik
Kovalchuk - Anisimov/Drury - MZA/Callahan
Avery - Drury/Anisimov - Callahan/MZA
Prust - Boyle - Shelley

Staal - Roszival
Martin - MZA
Sangs/Sauer/McD - Girardi

Lundqvist
Hedberg
Okay, I have numerous problems with this:
  • We're stuck with Brashear's cap hit unless he can be traded. Something like Brashear for Preissing would solve that, but you can't stick him on LTIR.
  • You can't lowball Staal and then expect him to sign with that number for 3 years.
  • Girardi is being underpaid.
  • Prust will garner a higher raise than that.
  • MZA will be getting the maximum ELC of $900,000 with bonuses.
  • Kovalchuk will not be signing for $8,000,000. He will get a bare minimum of $9,000,000 on the open market.
  • Why Martin? Why not Z. Michalek or A-Train?
Sorry bro, I would love to have Kovy as much as the next guy but the numbers don't work out.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Vitto79

This lineup is going to be a tough call

I would be good with Plekanec at the right price. Thing is he may be the best C option so he will get overpaid. Perhaps they find a trade partner.

I am torn on Prospal. If he takes 2 million then maybe. I am agraid that it may come down to a one year deal for Demitra and this type of F group

Dubinsky, Demitra, Gaborik
MZA, Anisimov, Callahan
Avery, Christiensen, Drury
Prust, Boyle, Shelley
Voros( rather see a kid but reality is Voros is a good team mate )

Pray Brashear goes to Russia. That cap hit would be pretty crappy

As for the D just keep going young. Signing Martin would be sweet. I really think they are going to do Rozy for Souray just for a change. Horcoff makes sense for both teams.

Martin, MDZ
Staal, Souray
Sanguinetti, Girardi
Gilroy

I am totally open to getting deals done for Girardi or Gilroy aswell

DZ,

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 01:28 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Fan in PGH View Post
Okay, I have numerous problems with this:
  • We're stuck with Brashear's cap hit unless he can be traded. Something like Brashear for Preissing would solve that, but you can't stick him on LTIR.
  • You can't lowball Staal and then expect him to sign with that number for 3 years.
  • Girardi is being underpaid.
  • Prust will garner a higher raise than that.
  • MZA will be getting the maximum ELC of $900,000 with bonuses.
  • Kovalchuk will not be signing for $8,000,000. He will get a bare minimum of $9,000,000 on the open market.
  • Why Martin? Why not Z. Michalek or A-Train?
Sorry bro, I would love to have Kovy as much as the next guy but the numbers don't work out.
- Brashear can be put on LTIR, as the Devils did with Mogilny if he reports to camp out of shape.
- Lowball? Look at the comprable contracts and players. See what they are making. $3.0 to $3.25 is fair market value for an RFA with no arbitration rights.
- A 68% increase for Girardi ($1.55 to $2.25) again is fair value for him. What has he done to see his value anywhere the high two's to low 3's?
- Prust is another RFA with no arbitration rights. He will get no more then $800K.
- MZA's bonus' can be deferred to next season, if reached.
- This is just my personal opinion, but I don't see a team paying anymore then $8.5 million for Kovalchuk, even if he tries to use the KHL as leverage, which won't work.
- $4.5 to $5 million for Volchenkov is too much for a purely defensive D-man. I'd rather pony up a little more to get a player that can put up 30+ points and is very good in his own end. I like Michalek, I just can't gauge what he might get in the open market.

Last edited by UAGoalieGuy: 04-24-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old
04-24-2010, 02:18 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
It will probably be the middle number, around $58.1 million or something like that.
You wish its that high. It won't be. Bettman and Daly see the numbers before anyone else does.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 02:35 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
- Brashear can be put on LTIR, as the Devils did with Mogilny if he reports to camp out of shape.
- Lowball? Look at the comprable contracts and players. See what they are making. $3.0 to $3.25 is fair market value for an RFA with no arbitration rights.
- A 68% increase for Girardi ($1.55 to $2.25) again is fair value for him. What has he done to see his value anywhere the high two's to low 3's?
- Prust is another RFA with no arbitration rights. He will get no more then $800K.
- MZA's bonus' can be deferred to next season, if reached.
- This is just my personal opinion, but I don't see a team paying anymore then $8.5 million for Kovalchuk, even if he tries to use the KHL as leverage, which won't work.
- $4.5 to $5 million for Volchenkov is too much for a purely defensive D-man. I'd rather pony up a little more to get a player that can put up 30+ points and is very good in his own end. I like Michalek, I just can't gauge what he might get in the open market.
Mogilny wasn't put on LTI because was out of shape. He failed his physical due to a hip condition. Bettman will have Sather's head if he attempted to put Brashear on LTI because the player is fat.

What are Girardi done to see those numbers?What did Zherdev do to receive a $650,000 increase last summer?Oh the arbitrator looked at the comparables and just split the difference. Girardi will see those numbers as a group III next summer.

Prust has no arbitration rights? Check again. Prust is one year away from group III.

Quote:
ARTICLE 12
SALARY ARBITRATION
12.1 Eligibility for Player or Club Election of Salary Arbitration.
(a) A Player is eligible for salary arbitration if the Player meets the
qualificat ions set forth in the following chart and in Section 12.1(b) below:
First SPC Signing Age
Minimum Level of Professional
Experience Required to be
Eligible for Salary Arbitration
18-20 4 years professional experience
21 3 years professional experience
22-23 2 years professional experience
24 and older 1 year professional experience

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 02:47 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Mogilny wasn't put on LTI because was out of shape. He failed his physical due to a hip condition. Bettman will have Sather's head if he attempted to put Brashear on LTI because the player is fat.

What are Girardi done to see those numbers?What did Zherdev do to receive a $650,000 increase last summer?Oh the arbitrator looked at the comparables and just split the difference. Girardi will see those numbers as a group III next summer.

Prust has no arbitration rights? Check again. Prust is one year away from group III.
That's what I get for looking at nhlscap.com for Prust's status, lol.

Who would the comparables to Girardi be? And does Girardi have arbitration rights this summer? I can't find that out. And do you really seeing Girardi getting more then $2.25/year?

Old
04-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
That's what I get for looking at nhlscap.com for Prust's status, lol.

Who would the comparables to Girardi be? And does Girardi have arbitration rights this summer? I can't find that out. And do you really seeing Girardi getting more then $2.25/year?
Girardi will be a Group II RFA.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 07:57 PM
brfeldman

the only way we can sign a few ufa and resign ours is if we get rid atleast one big contract. my solution is trade redden and a 3rd/4th (whatever will get the job done) to edmenton for horcoff. granted horcoffs contract isnt great either but i'd take his contract and upside opposed to redden

brfeldman is offline   Reply With Quote