HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Game 6

Old
04-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Thinkbig

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
That team had like what, 13 french players?

Nowadays we have 3 (Pouliot, Lapierre, Bergeron)
who gives a ****.. anyways.

We need to try Pouliot- Pleks- A.Kost.. we've seen flashes and that line could rock

Cam - Gomez - Gionta --> always works
Pouliot - Pleks - A. Kost ---> got a lot of potential to work
Moen - Moore - Lapierre --> very nice 3 rd line
S. Kost - Metro - Pyatt --> metro and s.kost play well together

O'Byrne-Marky --> Markov plays very good with O'byrne
Spacek - Hamrlik
Gorges - Gill ---> love this pair

Stanley Cup here we come

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
That team had like what, 13 french players?

Nowadays we have 3 (Pouliot, Lapierre, Bergeron)
You forgot Darche anyway i was doing this more for fun and more important to feel like 2004 !

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Hmmm...

Moen - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn 1
Lapierre - Moore - Kostitsyn 2
Pouliot - Metropolit - Pyatt

Markov - O'Byrne
Gill - Gorges
Bergeron/Hamrlik - Spacek

Halak

Whichever of Bergeron or Hamrlik doesn't play can **** off

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 05:28 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
We need to try Pouliot- Pleks- A.Kost.. we've seen flashes and that line could rock
I've always thought AK and Pouliot played well together and I agree that it would be worth a try to put them with Plek. I doubt that we'll see this line as Pouliot is in the dog house right now.

Please scratch MAB!

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 07:33 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Not even realistic Dude!

Moen Gomez Gionta
Cammalleri Plekanec AK
Pouliot Moore SK
Pyatt Metropolit Lapierre

Scratched - Darche and Maxwell

O'Byrne Markov
Gorges Spacek (back to his natural side)
Hamrlik Gill

BYE BYE Useless Bergeron!

Halak
Price
1st pairing on D is reversed. But I do agree that this would be a solid lineup. This is only a playoff lineup since you can't play Moen 20+ minutes on a regular basis.

Thus, why I would go and get Clowe from SJ to pair with Gomez-Gionta.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 07:38 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Not even realistic Dude!

Moen Gomez Gionta
Cammalleri Plekanec AK
Pouliot Moore SK
Pyatt Metropolit Lapierre

Scratched - Darche and Maxwell

O'Byrne Markov
Gorges Spacek (back to his natural side)
Hamrlik Gill

BYE BYE Useless Bergeron!

Halak
Price
I like your line-up except I'd keep Gill and Gorges as a pair, they are excellent together.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 01:30 AM
zx81

With S.Kost being benched after 1 shift almost every game why does Martin dress him anyway ? Just double shift Cammy.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 02:46 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Hah, I love how much people rip on MAB and Hamrlik. Without Hammer, we wouldn't be here. And if MAB plays and scores, everyone will love him again like always.
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220)

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Hah, I love how much people rip on MAB and Hamrlik. Without Hammer, we wouldn't be here. And if MAB plays and scores, everyone will love him again like always.
What? We don't have the right to be critic about a player anymore? Hamrlik has sucked badly and Bergeron isn't helping, so why would we not critic them? Because they used to be good at some point? These players are paid to deliver everynight and if they don't do what they're supposed to do then they deserve to criticized.

Compliments are reserved when the results are there.

Last edited by Myron Gaines*: 04-25-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Dude I have been a big fan of Hamrlik since the minute the ink dried on his contract. I begged the hockey gods for us to sign him that offseason and I was ecstatic we did. Bob finally got something right (cough Samsonov cough Smolinski cough).

However, there's no denying Hamrlik's play has declined sharply since the Olympic Break. He was an absolute monster for us before then, and you're right, without him, we wouldn't be where we are, with Markov out for most of the year and all. But that's changed now, and his play has gone to ****. No longer is he reliable without the puck and in the offensive zone (see two shorthanded goals against), but he looks disinterested out there, like he's not giving it his all.

I hope he regains his motivation and his swagger, because he's been absolutely brutal this postseason, and while yes, we owe him a lot for where we are now, he's also been a reason why we lost our home games. We play for the now and for the future, and if he can't keep up or play better than this, then he should sit. Simple as that. It's not hating or feeling he wasn't serviceable for a good chunk of the year, it's about being realistic: he's been ******** the bed for far too long and it's been costing us this series. Maybe it's old age, or decline, or injury, I dunno, but I sure as hell hope he wakes up, and a game in the pressbox might ignite him, because we can't afford to have him make dumb mistake after dumb mistake uncharaceristically out there.

As for MAB...he's got one measly assist this series and is minus freicking 8. Unacceptable.

They deserved to be ripped because they've contributed nothing to this team the past 5 games and have hurt us more than helped us.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 04:00 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Hamr's defensive lapses are one of the main reasons why the Habs are down in this series, so your "we wouldn't be here" comment applies in both a good and a bad way for the Habs.

When MAB is scoring on the powerplay, he's nice to have. What use is he when he's not scoring though? In a short series you can only cut an offensive player who's not scoring so much slack. The season may end before he gets the chance to get going again.

I think you're being a little too sensitive with regards to the criticism of these guys. Both players are deserving of the criticism they're receiving.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 04:04 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
I would try ..

Moen - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Kostitsyn - Moore - Kostitsyn
Lapierre - Metropolit - Pyatt

Markov - O'Byrne
Gill - Spacek
Gorges - Hamrlik
Me like that very much!

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Habit11

according to T$N, Spacek is unlikely to play. Can anyone explain why they aren't calling a Dman up from Hamilton in place of -8 MAB?

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 04:08 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
As much as I appreciate Hamrlik's contributions from earlier in the year, the fact is that he's sucked for a while now. So Martin has to adjust, he can't possibly keep playing Hamrlik in the same manner he used to. He's showing absolutely zero signs of coming out of his flunk.

As for MAB, it's a different story. He's not solid defensively, it's well known. He's not bringing it on the PP or in any other situation in this series so far, once again gotta adjust.

I'm a fan of both players. I think both guys helped us at tough times during the season and we wouldn't be in the playoffs to begin with without these two. But at this point in time, they are a nuisance. They've been pretty bad, especially Hamrlik.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 04:09 PM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Sure he is, if...

- They beat the Capitals and move on
- More than 1 defenseman have a long term injury
- They realize that Bergeron is worse than having a peewee player at the point on the PP
- The Bulldogs get eliminated from the playoffs in the AHL
- Etc.

Point made. A lot of dominoes have to fall into place.

cjbhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 04:11 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
according to T$N, Spacek is unlikely to play. Can anyone explain why they aren't calling a Dman up from Hamilton in place of -8 MAB?
If guys like Pouliot and Sergei are going to only play 4 minutes a game bench one of them and call up Subban, I'd honestly take Andre Benoit or Henry over MAB on defense right now.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 04:11 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
I'm still unclear about the whole set of rules allowing you to call players up. I had always assumed you could pretty much call up players whenever you wanted, but there's a 4 call ups rule for as long as your AHL team is in the playoffs. And we've used 3 of those.

Then there's Marinaro saying he called Brisebois asking him what we can do, and apparently we still have a "dmen call up". Whatever that means. I thought we could call up any player. Maybe Brisebois simply meant we had Maxwell up, so we didn't need a forward we could call up a dman.

There's also an emergency call up, that wouldn't be possible in the current scenario because we do have 6 dmen we can dress despite the fact we have 2 dmen injured.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I'm still unclear about the whole set of rules allowing you to call players up. I had always assumed you could pretty much call up players whenever you wanted, but there's a 4 call ups rule for as long as your AHL team is in the playoffs. And we've used 3 of those.

Then there's Marinaro saying he called Brisebois asking him what we can do, and apparently we still have a "dmen call up". Whatever that means. I thought we could call up any player. Maybe Brisebois simply meant we had Maxwell up, so we didn't need a forward we could call up a dman.

There's also an emergency call up, that wouldn't be possible in the current scenario because we do have 6 dmen we can dress despite the fact we have 2 dmen injured.
From what I understood, Habs are allowed to make one more move: calling up one player or sending one down. Which would explain Maxwell sitting in Montreal, pretty much ruining his season.

If that is the case, we could call up Subban but we couldn't send him down before the Habs are out of the playoffs.

My guess is management considers it would be useless to bring in a rookie who's only played a couple games at this level when they have spent the whole season with 8 experienced defencemen. Sure, Hamrlik and Bergeron are disappointing. But it's not the right time to give the kid playoffs experience.

What if we go past the Capitals into the next round but Subban makes too many costly mistakes and is not getting dressed? Instead of helping the Bulldogs, he's sitting in Montreal waiting for the Canadiens to be taken out so he could return to Hamilton.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
I would try ..

Moen - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Kostitsyn - Moore - Kostitsyn
Lapierre - Metropolit - Pyatt

Markov - O'Byrne
Gill - Spacek
Gorges - Hamrlik
As for the line up, I too like this suggestion in front; although, I would switch Moore and Metropolit. I think Metro is a better play maker while Moore is grittier.

But I believe that Martin will work it the same way he did in the last game: he'll switch them around according to the guys performance during that game and end up playing three lines.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 09:18 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

I was watching RIS, and they said Darche may play in game 6

Noooooooooooooooo

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
And right now, WITH Hamr and MAB, we won't be here for much longer...

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote