HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBC Hotstove - Guy Boucher

Old
04-24-2010, 08:07 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
CBC Hotstove - Guy Boucher

Well according to Pierre Lebrun, Boucher is a candidate in Tampa for the new job, and Elliott Friedman is saying Boucher is the top candidate in Columbus.

Montreal may need to make a move fast to get Guy in Montreal, before we see him elsewhere.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 08:08 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

if we loose him im going to break something

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HH
GO HABS GO!

Bring Guy as assistant next year and promise him the job in the next 2 years. We can't lose this guy.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hugo Sham

there's no ****ing way the habs can let this guy go...but with the dirtbag nepotism of boivin, gauthier and martin anything's possible

Hugo Sham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 08:09 PM
xduckiex

They can have JM. Pleeeeease take JM instead!

xduckiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 08:10 PM
RE-HABS

Friedman totally touched on Boucher's ability on knowing how to get the most out of his players and on how to help them. These young teams see this, and want this...we can't lose this!

Old
04-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Randomhero

How long is Boucher under contract for in Hamilton?

Randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Pandemic

I really can't see Montreal giving other teams permission to these other teams. Not that I'd ever want to take that chance lol.

Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

**** you Tampa **** you!

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
I really can't see Montreal giving other teams permission to these other teams. Not that I'd ever want to take that chance lol.
in pro sports, nobody stands in the way of coaching promotions, it just doesn't happen. habs may demand compensation but if another team comes calling habs will give permission..unless the idiots in upper management promote him or promise him the job is his soon

Old
04-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Pandemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
in pro sports, nobody stands in the way of coaching promotions, it just doesn't happen. habs may demand compensation but if another team comes calling habs will give permission..unless the idiots in upper management promote him or promise him the job is his soon
I don't think you can give compensation for the rights to talk to coaches anymore. And teams have gotten in the way before.

Old
04-24-2010, 08:19 PM
pine

vCash: 50
Fire Martin now... Now... NOw... NOW!

pine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Just promote Martin to Assistant GM and make Boucher coach for next season.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
couris

let him go to coloumbus to get some experience.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
I don't think you can give compensation for the rights to talk to coaches anymore. And teams have gotten in the way before.
i hope you're right but we had to give edm a 3rd or 4th to sign foolien..and i can see the sorry bunch that runs the habs let this 'guy' walk

Old
04-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Don't let Ozymandias read this thread. He gets super defensive if anyone mentions the possibility of Boucher taking a job with another NHL team.

I seriously hope we don't lose him though. I'd take him over Martin right now.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Pandemic

Quote:
i hope you're right but we had to give edm a 3rd or 4th to sign foolien..and i can see the sorry bunch that runs the habs let this 'guy' walk
I know, but they changed the rules when they re-did the CBA, you can't give compensation for coaches anymore. I think it was because two teams had some sort of a feud.. can't remember exactly.

Old
ReVeuF

If we lose Boucher we are doomed

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Done

So, on Thursday we go from "Mr. Inside Connections" Team 990's Tony Marinaro saying there's no way anyone would want Guy Boucher due to lack of experience and the Habs have nothing to worry about to being such a hot commodity. Given the trend in the NHL to hire younger coaches after a year or 2 of success with the younger guys in the AHL (like Bylsma and Clouston) I definitely think the Hotstovers are right. Boucher is an up and comer who can relate to today's modern players. He has proven he can adjust, be flexible and work with a plan and not a rigid "system". As noted on a previous thread the Molson family MUST evaluat every piece of their team from an asset-based perspective - what/who can yield positive returns over the long haul and who cannot. I think we know where Boucher would fit into this. Letting Boucher go would be just like letting contracts lapse on players like Souray, Streit, Komisarek, etc without even get draft picks in return at a trade deadline. In this case, we can't get any compensation if Boucher is given permission to look into jobs with other orgs.

Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Craig71

There is no way the Habs can let this Guy go so to speak. Most of this board will sit in a bathtub and cut themselves if this happens. The very fact that the Toronto lovers at CBC would mention anyone coaching in the Habs system speaks volumes about his talent . Because we all know the CBC loves the Canadiens.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Frankenheimer

If the Habs beat Washington, will people change their tune about Martin?

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 08:34 PM
m00ks

Ewww troubling news. Don't want to loose Boucher and I don't think Martin is going anywhere.

m00ks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 08:34 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
There is no way the Habs can let this Guy go so to speak. Most of this board will sit in a bathtub and cut themselves if this happens. The very fact that the Toronto lovers at CBC would mention anyone coaching in the Habs system speaks volumes about his talent . Because we all know the CBC loves the Canadiens.
Glenn Healy said right away that Kevin Dineen should be hired over Boucher, on one note he is a homer and just hates the Habs no mater what...on another, Tampa and Columbus please listed to Healy.

Old
04-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisequoi View Post
So, on Thursday we go from "Mr. Inside Connections" Team 990's Tony Marinaro saying there's no way anyone would want Guy Boucher due to lack of experience and the Habs have nothing to worry about to being such a hot commodity. Given the trend in the NHL to hire younger coaches after a year or 2 of success with the younger guys in the AHL (like Bylsma and Clouston) I definitely think the Hotstovers are right. Boucher is an up and comer who can relate to today's modern players. He has proven he can adjust, be flexible and work with a plan and not a rigid "system". As noted on a previous thread the Molson family MUST evaluat every piece of their team from an asset-based perspective - what/who can yield positive returns over the long haul and who cannot. I think we know where Boucher would fit into this. Letting Boucher go would be just like letting contracts lapse on players like Souray, Streit, Komisarek, etc without even get draft picks in return at a trade deadline. In this case, we can't get any compensation if Boucher is given permission to look into jobs with other orgs.
i actually had an email exchange with Tony on this and he said that he thought boucher would remain loyal to the habs giving him this chance and would inevitably be given
the habs job

Last edited by Hugo Sham: 04-24-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old
04-24-2010, 08:51 PM
gee

Quote:
didn't edmonton initially deny the canadiens the request for julien?

gee is offline   Reply With Quote