HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobby Ryan turns down offer?

Old
04-25-2010, 05:16 AM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Here is the 2009 RFA Compensation Grid:

$994,433 or below ..................... None
Over $994,433 to $1,506,716...... Third-round choice
Over $1,506,716 to $3,013,434.... Second-round choice
Over $3,013,434 to $4,520,150.... First-round and third-round choice
Over $4,520,150 to $6,026,867.... First-round, second-round and third-round choice
Over $6,026,867 to $7,533,584.... 2 first-round choices, 1 second- and 1 third-round choice
Over $7,533,584 ......................... Four first-round choices

2010 will probably mean the more money you offer, the lower the compensation. It could be like $6.5 million will be the cap dollar range for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd compensation threshold.

I don't see the Rangers offering over $6 million for him, so it would be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in 2011 if the Ducks did not match.

I kinda think i'd rather do that then trade say, Sangs/Girardi/Grachev/Kreider/Stepan, a 2011 1st and another pick/prospect/roster player. That would equate to at least two 1st's, and possily a 2nd or 3rd. Redden, again, would have to be dumped in order to make it work.

But Karma is a you know what, and if they Rangers are too close to the cap after next season, when Dubinsky and Callahan are RFA's again, the Rangers better watch out. I still don't see Sather offer sheeting someone, though. He is part of the "old boys" network in the NHL. You never know though.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 06:06 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
They will match anything thrown at him, though. They have the cap space to do so, it appears at least.
Then make them match it. He is worth those 3 draft picks. Easily.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 06:25 AM
AJRanger

Ryan's my favourite player across the whole league, would absolutely love to see him in a Rangers jersey.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 07:34 AM
tigga334
SHERO**your guy

you guys are delusional not every free agent out wants to be a ranger. your team is the exact reason why we have a salary cap in the nhl

tigga334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 08:37 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigga334 View Post
you guys are delusional not every free agent out wants to be a ranger. your team is the exact reason why we have a salary cap in the nhl
O.K. Troll. There are several other teams that spend, spend, spend before the lockout. That is why there is a salary cap. And what does this have to do with this? Every fanbase, for the most part, wish/hope and discuss (like on a hockey forum) getting very good players. I think that's the point of these boards, not sure though .

The Rangers have stayed under the cap, as every NHL team has, since it was put in place after the lockout. So what if they give out large contracts? They stayed within the cap, so I think that's legal, right? And they have made mistakes, see Redden/Gomez/Drury, so it's not a homerun every time and the Rangers are winning Stanley Cups year in and year out.

It's a level playing field, at least as NHL rules go. Some teams choose to have their own salary cap (See the Islanders, Stars, etc). As long as the Rangers stay within the cap, quit your complaining. Last time I checked, the Pens are spending up to the cap now, too. Which is the same exact thing that the Rangers are doing, but they were not "fortunate" enough to get back to back to back to back to back high draft picks. Please.

Old
04-25-2010, 08:56 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
O.K. Troll. There are several other teams that spend, spend, spend before the lockout. That is why there is a salary cap. And what does this have to do with this? Every fanbase, for the most part, wish/hope and discuss (like on a hockey forum) getting very good players. I think that's the point of these boards, not sure though .

The Rangers have stayed under the cap, as every NHL team has, since it was put in place after the lockout. So what if they give out large contracts? They stayed within the cap, so I think that's legal, right? And they have made mistakes, see Redden/Gomez/Drury, so it's not a homerun every time and the Rangers are winning Stanley Cups year in and year out.

It's a level playing field, at least as NHL rules go. Some teams choose to have their own salary cap (See the Islanders, Stars, etc). As long as the Rangers stay within the cap, quit your complaining. Last time I checked, the Pens are spending up to the cap now, too. Which is the same exact thing that the Rangers are doing, but they were not "fortunate" enough to get back to back to back to back to back high draft picks. Please.
It's funny that, currently, teams like Philly, Chicago, Boston and Calgary are actually in a worse position regarding the cap than the Rangers, but, according to the troll from Base Bettman, the Rangers are the problem.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 09:22 AM
The Thomas J.*

I honestly haven't seen much of Ryan execpt when he plays the local teams. I remember hearing his name called out alot....

Here is the thing, lets compare it to the Kessel situation, we kind of missed out on that. Ryan could be our Kessel. I say E'ff it. Go for it. This years Draft is weak & were loaded with prospects.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 09:27 AM
The Thomas J.*

Warm the Fax machine up Glen!

Old
04-25-2010, 09:28 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
I honestly haven't seen much of Ryan execpt when he plays the local teams. I remember hearing his name called out alot....

Here is the thing, lets compare it to the Kessel situation, we kind of missed out on that. Ryan could be our Kessel. I say E'ff it. Go for it. This years Draft is weak & were loaded with prospects.
You mean next years draft is weak, right? This year's draft is pretty decent, but if the Rangers throw an offer sheet at him, they would be giving up 2011 draft picks.

Old
04-25-2010, 10:02 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
You mean next years draft is weak, right? This year's draft is pretty decent, but if the Rangers throw an offer sheet at him, they would be giving up 2011 draft picks.
Yes, that.

Old
04-25-2010, 10:06 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
It's funny that, currently, teams like Philly, Chicago, Boston and Calgary are actually in a worse position regarding the cap than the Rangers, but, according to the troll from Base Bettman, the Rangers are the problem.

I remember a Presser Bettman gave in the fall of 04' when the Lockout was in full swing as the owners demands became more clear he was asked about the Rnagers & there situation. Betman went out of his way to say that the Raners were well in compliance if a deal were struck that day.

Old
04-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Be prepared to give up Staal or Del Zotto.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 10:24 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Never underestimate the power of the Sather

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 10:28 AM
beastly115

On a side note, has this rumor even been confirmed? No one besides the OP's "friend" has backed this story up.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:48 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Fan in PGH View Post
3 problems.
  1. Cap says hello.
  2. Cap says hello again.
  3. Ducks tell you to **** off.
Cap doesn't say hello if Redden is sent to Hartford.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:57 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
If he is a RFA then we will have to give ANA our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick. And i don't think we even have a 3rd round pick so we can't even try.
that would be in next years draft, not this years since the Free Agent Hunting season doesn't start until after the draft.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I would pack Staal's bag take him for a egg McMuffin and OJ, get his baking done, and then drop him at the airport for Bobby

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 12:15 PM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
I would pack Staal's bag take him for a egg McMuffin and OJ, get his baking done, and then drop him at the airport for Bobby
Regardless of what Bobby wants for a new contract?

If its over 6 mil per then I would rather keep Staal and Del Zotto.

rangerfan_79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 12:17 PM
TrojanRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Cap doesn't say hello if Redden is sent to Hartford.
Yeah but the Ducks still tell you to **** off.

making this trade with Staal or DZ is pointless. Filling one hole to create another.

If we can get him with out giving up one of those guys, then go for it.

TrojanRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 12:19 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigga334 View Post

As for the topic...If he's looking for 5 mil+ a year I think I stay away.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 12:26 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post

As for the topic...If he's looking for 5 mil+ a year I think I stay away.
He's worth the money though, thats not the problem. The problem is getting him here.

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 12:34 PM
BklyNYR4Life

If the deal could be done VIA offersheet, or a Kessel-esque deal...I say go for it. We have a good crop of prospects in the wings, and if there's a chance to add a YOUNG bonafide goal scorer at the expense of draft picks while keeping the current roster and prospect pool intact...you gotta do it.

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 12:40 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNYR4Life View Post
If the deal could be done VIA offersheet, or a Kessel-esque deal...I say go for it. We have a good crop of prospects in the wings, and if there's a chance to add a YOUNG bonafide goal scorer at the expense of draft picks while keeping the current roster and prospect pool intact...you gotta do it.
I'm on board with offer sheet also. For some reason I thought it was our 2010 picks, which I wouldn't do. But more than fine losing our 2011 picks if it's for some like Ryan

No way in hell would I trade Staal for his rights though. I don't care how many defensive prospects the team has right now, none of them have proven much of anything yet. The team is in no position to trade someone as important as him

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 12:42 PM
NYR Viper

I would give up a lot for Ryan. If there was a way to hold onto this years 1st I would move the first 3 picks from next year and one of the young defensemen like Girardi, Sanguinetti or McDonagh for Ryan. We are talking about a very young perennial 35-40 goal power forward with no history of injuries. This kid is the real deal.

1st '11 + 2nd '11 + 3rd '11 + Sanguinetti/McDonagh/Girardi

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 12:43 PM
BPD

If the Ducks aren't able to sign him by July 1, they're going to be met with a deluge of RFA sheets. It's not "proper", but when he's one of the top wings out there and the draft is a year off, the 1-2-3 in 2011 doesn't seem too bad.

I'd venture a guess that if the contract situation doesn't improve, they'll look to move him at the draft for something better. 1-2-3 2011 + 2nd 2010 might be an inticing offer from some teams.

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote