HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Jacob Muzzin Named OHL's Defenceman of the Year

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-25-2010, 10:48 AM
  #26
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Should be a tough fight between Muzzin, Voinov, Martinez, Hickey, Jones, Drewiske, Harrold for the #6 & 7 spots.
That's what I'm trying to say, it'll be tough to find a spot for all those guys.. You can count Jones & Harrold out, both those guys are pretty much done as Kings but they fight will be between Hickey, Voynov, Martinez, Muzzin and Drewiske.. Hickey's been injured all year, so he still has to prove that he can actually play a full season of AHL. Voynov and Drewiske would be my two guesses, Martinez and then Muzzin, but you never know..

In an idealistic world, we'd be looking at this next year:

Doughty-Scuderi
Johnson-Hickey
Greene-Voynov
Drewiske

in a realistic world, we'd be looking at this next year:

Doughty-Scuderi
Johnson-Jones (I bet DL re-signs him )
Greene-O'Donnell (I bet DL re-sign him )
Drewiske-Martinez (he absolutely loves him, made the team this year but was injured)

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 12:28 PM
  #27
HockeyCA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Don't be surprised if Kozun becomes a regular. Everything about his screams St. Louis
Agree with this.


Last edited by HockeyCA: 02-24-2013 at 04:24 PM.
HockeyCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 12:50 PM
  #28
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
That's what I'm trying to say, it'll be tough to find a spot for all those guys.. You can count Jones & Harrold out, both those guys are pretty much done as Kings but they fight will be between Hickey, Voynov, Martinez, Muzzin and Drewiske.. Hickey's been injured all year, so he still has to prove that he can actually play a full season of AHL. Voynov and Drewiske would be my two guesses, Martinez and then Muzzin, but you never know..

In an idealistic world, we'd be looking at this next year:

Doughty-Scuderi
Johnson-Hickey
Greene-Voynov
Drewiske

in a realistic world, we'd be looking at this next year:

Doughty-Scuderi
Johnson-Jones (I bet DL re-signs him )
Greene-O'Donnell (I bet DL re-sign him )
Drewiske-Martinez (he absolutely loves him, made the team this year but was injured)
That's some mighty fine glue you are sniffing if you think Randy Jones will be brought back. O'Donnell... maybe. But there is no way Lombardi even considers giving Jones a minor league contract.

I also think Drewiske's position with the team will be doubtful. On the plus side, he's signed for cheap. On the negative side, he regressed mightily this season. It seems to be a running curse with unproven players receiving extensions then playing like crap. It has happened to Zeiler, Ersberg, now Drewiske.

I think Voynov may move up and the Kings add one more defenseman through a trade or free agency to play in the top 4. That leaves Muzzin along with Hickey, Teubert, Campbell, Kolomatis and Mullen to be the top 6 in Manchester next season.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 12:58 PM
  #29
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCA View Post
Agree with this. Im a Medicine Hat Tiger fan, and I know a thing or two about smaller prospects (see Tyler Ennis). While Ennis might be a bit more of a natural goal scorer, Kozun I think might be a more complete player. I would get killed for saying that in this city but I think it might be true. Everytime I watch this Kozun kid play I come away impressed. Like Ennis, hes a special player who can not be discounted based solely on his size.
How's Linden Vey? Do you think he's got NHL potential?

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 01:00 PM
  #30
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
That's some mighty fine glue you are sniffing if you think Randy Jones will be brought back. O'Donnell... maybe. But there is no way Lombardi even considers giving Jones a minor league contract.

I also think Drewiske's position with the team will be doubtful. On the plus side, he's signed for cheap. On the negative side, he regressed mightily this season. It seems to be a running curse with unproven players receiving extensions then playing like crap. It has happened to Zeiler, Ersberg, now Drewiske.

I think Voynov may move up and the Kings add one more defenseman through a trade or free agency to play in the top 4. That leaves Muzzin along with Hickey, Teubert, Campbell, Kolomatis and Mullen to be the top 6 in Manchester next season.
I'm not sure but I think Nicolas Deslauriers might be eligible to play in Manchester, solid defenseman, was one of the last cuts at the Canadian Junior tryouts.. He might be a '91 though, I'd have to double check

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 01:11 PM
  #31
BigKing
Spot Picker
 
BigKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Belmont Shore, CA
Posts: 3,378
vCash: 500
In Drewiske's defense, he took that injury and DL brought in TM's boy in Jones in the meantime.

Drewiske was given the quick hook if he played poorly while Jones kept going because he's a veteran. If anything, his "regression" is due to the injury and Murray having his head up his ass.

I don't know if he's regressed either but merely stagnated as he's lost pretty much an entire season of development. He will still probably be the 7th d-man at least next season.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 01:25 PM
  #32
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,734
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Should be a tough fight between Muzzin, Voinov, Martinez, Hickey, Jones, Drewiske, Harrold for the #6 & 7 spots.
I don't think it'll be much of a fight personally. It all comes down to the direction the Kings want to go. Do they opt for the kids with potential, Hickey, Voinov and Muzzin, or do they opt for the cheap vets, Drewiske, Harrold, Martinez?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 02:16 PM
  #33
Hipfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I'm not sure but I think Nicolas Deslauriers might be eligible to play in Manchester, solid defenseman, was one of the last cuts at the Canadian Junior tryouts.. He might be a '91 though, I'd have to double check
Deslauriers is a '91, he will be back in the Q for one more season and will get a good chance to play in the WJC.

Hipfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 02:42 PM
  #34
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I don't think it'll be much of a fight personally. It all comes down to the direction the Kings want to go. Do they opt for the kids with potential, Hickey, Voinov and Muzzin, or do they opt for the cheap vets, Drewiske, Harrold, Martinez?
With Bernier in net, I would go with the kids. Doughty, Scuderi, Johnson and Greene are not a bad top 4. If the Kings sign Kovalchuk, then re-sign O'Donnell cheap and pair him with Voynov and use Martinze/Drewiske as the #7. Hickey needs to show that he can play a whole season in the AHL. Voynov should have the best shot to make the club.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 02:55 PM
  #35
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
With Bernier in net, I would go with the kids. Doughty, Scuderi, Johnson and Greene are not a bad top 4. If the Kings sign Kovalchuk, then re-sign O'Donnell cheap and pair him with Voynov and use Martinze/Drewiske as the #7. Hickey needs to show that he can play a whole season in the AHL. Voynov should have the best shot to make the club.
In fairness, I don't want to rely on Greene within the top 4. On a Stanley Cup team, Greene is a 5-6 defender. I also don't want to see O'D back. He is a waste of a roster spot. Voynov and an off season acquisition is this team's need. These playoffs have shown us so far that we lack speed and talent on defense after our top 3 and lack speed and talent on offense at wing. Those are the priorities.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.