HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

(3) Vancouver Canucks vs. (6) Los Angeles Kings | Kings Forum Series Discussion II

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
(3) Vancouver Canucks vs. (6) Los Angeles Kings | Kings Forum Series Discussion II

Continue on...

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Old
04-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Habstract

vCash: 500
Let's get the 2 pts tonight!!1!

Old
04-25-2010, 01:25 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 2045
Quote:
You are nuts. Frolov has been hitting other people regularly for the first time in his career.

Fro's only problem has been a complete inability to finish. Outside of that, he has been the Kings only mistake free forward. He has played very well, just not 'impact-player' well, which is what we need him to be now. But in my eyes he has positively responded to the physical play very well.
Yeah, well, Fro's got 7 hits in 5 games. Hardly what I would call "hitting other people regularly".

As for Fro's "inability to finish", I don't think he's even had much of a scoring opportunity, let alone finish. Not quite sure which game you've been watching, but he's pretty much been a no show.

Old
04-25-2010, 01:29 PM
kingsfan77

to me the series comes down to decisions by the coaches. TM and his inability to see Jones is a huge problem. it is costing us games. Jones gets caught out there with the Sedins and looks lost and then his lack of defensive ability gives the Nucks momentum cause we get caught in the zone for extended periods of time. Jones=loss and our coach cant see it. Unbelievable. Go with 5 D tonight maybe we can win this thing.

Old
04-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Yeah, well, Fro's got 7 hits in 5 games. Hardly what I would call "hitting other people regularly".

As for Fro's "inability to finish", I don't think he's even had much of a scoring opportunity, let alone finish. Not quite sure which game you've been watching, but he's pretty much been a no show.
7 hits in 5 games is pretty good for Mr. Frolov. He finished the season with a grand total of 58 hits. Do the math and see what 7 hits in 5 games translates to in an 82 game season. Frolov had the breakaway that he flubbed that I think was the turning point of this series.

Old
04-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Habstract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
7 hits in 5 games is pretty good for Mr. Frolov. He finished the season with a grand total of 58 hits. Do the math and see what 7 hits in 5 games translates to in an 82 game season. Frolov had the breakaway that he flubbed that I think was the turning point of this series.
Frolov isn't dissapointing me in the playoffs. He gets impicated in the physical game in his own manner, they aren't big checks but nobody is asking him that, only , finishing your checks and he does it. I would take a couple more goal but it's ok, he still have tonight to redeem himself

Old
04-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
You're reaching.

So the guy averages less than 1 hit a game for the season and now he's averaging more than 1 hit and you guys want to say that he's "he's hitting people regularly"? That's silly. You guys must be big time Frolov homers because I don't think most people would notice that Frolov's averaging less than 1 hit more per game.

Old
04-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
You're reaching.

So the guy averages less than 1 hit a game for the season and now he's averaging more than 1 hit and you guys want to say that he's "he's hitting people regularly"? That's silly. You guys must be big time Frolov homers because I don't think most people would notice that Frolov's averaging less than 1 hit more per game.
What exactly am I reaching for? I'm late to this party so I'm not quite sure what the argument is, but Frolov is hitting people regularly. I'm just going by facts and what I've seen, and the facts don't lie, he's averaging more hits in the playoffs than he did in the season.

Old
04-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
What exactly am I reaching for? I'm late to this party so I'm not quite sure what the argument is, but Frolov is hitting people regularly. I'm just going by facts and what I've seen, and the facts don't lie, he's averaging more hits in the playoffs than he did in the season.
Yes, statistically, Frolov is hitting more. Less than 1 more hit per game.

Old
04-25-2010, 02:47 PM
null33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan77 View Post
to me the series comes down to decisions by the coaches. TM and his inability to see Jones is a huge problem. it is costing us games. Jones gets caught out there with the Sedins and looks lost and then his lack of defensive ability gives the Nucks momentum cause we get caught in the zone for extended periods of time. Jones=loss and our coach cant see it. Unbelievable. Go with 5 D tonight maybe we can win this thing.
Eh, the coach doesn't have many options when it comes to Jones, now does he?

Believe it or not, Harrold was worse.

Old
04-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
That, IMO, been have been his contract right there had he buried that.

Old
04-25-2010, 02:56 PM
null33

Quote:
Yes, statistically, Frolov is hitting more. Less than 1 more hit per game.
Hitting is never going to be a big piece of Frolov's game. He has, nonetheless, stepped it up in the playoffs.

He's winning most of his puck possession battles down low in the offensive zone, he's beating opposing D along the boards up high in the defensive zone, and he's doing the job defensively. Unfortunately for him (in terms of his future with the org) and the team (in terms of the future of the playoffs), those things aren't enough. The player that fills that slot on Lombardi's chart has to do those things AND he has to score.

Old
04-25-2010, 02:57 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Moses View Post
That's exactly what I said in the GDT in game four.

That was the turning point of the entire series. One missed breakaway.

Old
04-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Moses View Post
Frolov has never been a clutch player. That was a weak and tired shot attempt on the breakaway. It was lazy. It was Frolov. I don't think it was the turning point though. This series hasn't had its turning point yet. It will happen tonight.

Old
04-25-2010, 03:04 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Quick giving up 5 goals including 3 in the third was more important then Frolov not putting away a breakaway. Breakaways aren't his game he is all about stealing the puck and cycling. That is what he does and that is what he has been doing.

Old
04-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

I think the turning point was when Smyth was caught being the 3rd man down low when Sedins were out on the ice in game 4. Of course they went and tied up the game and eventually won the game but until that Smyth mental collapse, we had the series 3-1.

Slightly off topic but can anyone explain to me why Zeus is not on the 1st pp unit? I really thought he did a great job screening Luongo and is also one of the leaders in the playoffs with 3 pp goals but since game 4, Brown is back on the 1st line pp unit. Zeus, imo is much more valuable on the pp than Brown or Smyth for that matter.

Just make sure to have JJ, DD and Zeus on the pp, and we should be good to go.

Old
04-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
I think the turning point was when Smyth was caught being the 3rd man down low when Sedins were out on the ice in game 4. Of course they went and tied up the game and eventually won the game but until that Smyth mental collapse, we had the series 3-1.

Slightly off topic but can anyone explain to me why Zeus is not on the 1st pp unit? I really thought he did a great job screening Luongo and is also one of the leaders in the playoffs with 3 pp goals but since game 4, Brown is back on the 1st line pp unit. Zeus, imo is much more valuable on the pp than Brown or Smyth for that matter.

Just make sure to have JJ, DD and Zeus on the pp, and we should be good to go.
From what I've seen, he HAS been. Its Zeus, Kopitar, and Smyth as the forward unit. Frolov, Modin and Brown are the 2nd unit. Zeus was out there with them for his goal in Game 5. You might be mistaken?

Old
04-25-2010, 05:37 PM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Frolov has never been a clutch player. That was a weak and tired shot attempt on the breakaway. It was lazy. It was Frolov. I don't think it was the turning point though. This series hasn't had its turning point yet. It will happen tonight.
don't know if i've ever heard of a player being accused of being lazy for not scoring on a world class goaltender in a crucial spot. it's more like "stuff happens".

i do agree that it wasn't the turning point. great teams overcome adversity. tonight, and hopefully tuesday, we'll see if the kings are a great team.

Old
04-25-2010, 06:08 PM
LaFan1967

Frolov has been good keeping the puck and his play along the boards , it seems the problem is he's holding on to the puck too long , or his linemates aren't working hard enought to get open.

Old
04-25-2010, 06:13 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Frolov needs to finish. The other areas of concern with his game (and there are very few of those) could easily be overlooked given all the other positive qualities that he brings every night if he'd score more often. At some point he needs to put the puck in the net with some regularity, and he's been disappointing all season in that regard.

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
Old
04-25-2010, 06:37 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Old
04-25-2010, 07:01 PM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

LIVE: 4/25/10 Warm-ups from STAPLES (Live)

LIVE: Warm-ups from STAPLES (Live)

Check out warm-ups for Game 6 live from STAPLES Center!

Click HERE to watch!

Old
04-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I think Frolov has played well. He hasn't been a gamebreaker or any kind of clutch star, but we have always known that about him. He plays the game intelligently and gets the job done each shift. He brings a lot of little things to the table that will surely come to light next season if we were to enter it without him. Hopefully Frolov and Dean come to some sort of amicable terms to keep his presence in LA ongoing.

Old
04-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I think Frolov has played well. He hasn't been a gamebreaker or any kind of clutch star, but we have always known that about him. He plays the game intelligently and gets the job done each shift. He brings a lot of little things to the table that will surely come to light next season if we were to enter it without him. Hopefully Frolov and Dean come to some sort of amicable terms to keep his presence in LA ongoing.
Doubt it. He was basically a non factor for most of this year.

Old
04-25-2010, 07:56 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I'm pretty sure it's a Dean decision. Frolov will stay if he receives a contract offer.

Closed Thread