HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preseason impressions?

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 05:12 AM
Other Dave

vCash: 500
Preseason impressions?

For those of you able to watch the games, what do you think of the Sens' prospect pool? From listening to the games and reading the box scores, I'm a lot more impressed with the younger guys than I was a month ago.

It's especially great to see some guys that we've almost given up on come out and play their hearts out in camp, in particular Giroux and Zanon. I'm hoping that Zanon gets a contract that will enable him to play full-time in Bingo. Brookbank also sounds like he's having a good preseason.

Anybody else?

Other Dave

Old
09-29-2003, 06:33 AM
Hossa

Petr Smrek. The guy is only 24, which many people do not realize, and he's probably scored about a point a game this pre-season. He's been playing big minutes, putting up points and seems to be playing decent all-round hockey. He's defenitely proving something.

Old
09-29-2003, 06:49 AM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa
Petr Smrek. The guy is only 24, which many people do not realize, and he's probably scored about a point a game this pre-season. He's been playing big minutes, putting up points and seems to be playing decent all-round hockey. He's defenitely proving something.
I didn't realize he was that young. I guess he has more potential than "minor league call-up" like I originally expected out of him. It's nice to know that we have some depth down on the farm now that Pothier's got a spot in the big leagues.

Old
09-29-2003, 07:23 AM
Other Dave

I was pretty jazzed about the Smrek-for-Bala trade earlier this summer, since he filled an important hole in the organization, as an injury replacement defenceman after Pothier. Smrek has already been to the big show, with 28 games of NHL experience with the Rags and the Blues:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_b...47&hubName=NAS

TSN says Has the makings of a complete defenseman. Displays both poise and puck-handling ability. Hasn't looked out of place in his brief NHL trial. They project him as a #6 or #7 d-man, which is perfect for the Sens.

Other Dave

Closed Thread