HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hossa NOT Suspended!

Old
04-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Bad Karma

vCash: 500
Hossa not leaning into Hamhuis, like Ovechkin did to Campbell was the difference in the two.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 05:15 AM
goalscorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
All in all if I were a Preds fan, I would be pissed that the Preds could not protect the lead with a man advantage with less than one minute to go. Subsequently, could not take advantage of yet another PP (4 minutes) opportunity in OT. This is the game.
Thanks j******. Glad your here to tell us what to be upset about as Preds fans. What a dumb thing to post.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 06:00 AM
TMI
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
All in all if I were a Preds fan, I would be pissed that the Preds could not protect the lead with a man advantage with less than one minute to go. Subsequently, could not take advantage of yet another PP (4 minutes) opportunity in OT. This is the game.
Thank you for showing us the way. We were just lost little hockey fans with slightest knowledge for the game until you came along with what YOU would do.

Stop being disingenuous. If you were a Preds fan you'd be pissed about all of those things. I know this because actual Preds fans are pissed about those things. Implying that the Hossa hit wouldn't be on your mind is ridiculous. You would be livid at how it has been handled. Saying anything else is simply dishonest.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 07:53 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Not surprised at all.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 07:53 AM
RollingPredFan

Radulov got suspended for much less, but such is life. And yes if Hossa didn't score someone else would of the way that game was going, but still, its unfair, but we should be used to it by now.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 08:18 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I'm not surprised at all. There were too many avenues that the NHL could take to rationalize no suspension. The bottom line is that the NHL doesn't take these things too seriously. And this is human nature. We don't take a lot of things seriously until it's too late: see Earnhardt, Dale.

The biggest issue I have is that there appears to be no serious effort by the NHL to curb dangerous contact of this nature. I would be the first to say that neither Kopecky nor Hossa intended to board. But the bottom line is that they take amazingly unnecessary risks that endangered the lives of players. And neither will be thoroughly punished for it, reinforcing the notion that dangerous plays like this are an acceptable part of the game. And players can rationalize their own behavior because such shoves in the back aren't blatant attempts to injure. And odds are, the opposing team's player will be fine.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 09:18 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
I'm not surprised at all. There were too many avenues that the NHL could take to rationalize no suspension. The bottom line is that the NHL doesn't take these things too seriously. And this is human nature. We don't take a lot of things seriously until it's too late: see Earnhardt, Dale.

The biggest issue I have is that there appears to be no serious effort by the NHL to curb dangerous contact of this nature. I would be the first to say that neither Kopecky nor Hossa intended to board. But the bottom line is that they take amazingly unnecessary risks that endangered the lives of players. And neither will be thoroughly punished for it, reinforcing the notion that dangerous plays like this are an acceptable part of the game. And players can rationalize their own behavior because such shoves in the back aren't blatant attempts to injure. And odds are, the opposing team's player will be fine.
And if you combine both your paragraphs, some player will end up like Earnhardt did or pretty close to it. The guys are getting too big and fast for someone not to be severely injured by these types of hits. Eventually someone will be hurt beyond repair or killed.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 09:24 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Um.....since when has ANYONE done the Preds any favors? Seriously, the only group of people who actually chipped in for this team are the fans and the ownership. Pure and simple if this team wants a break, it's going to have to make it.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 09:49 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones93 View Post
Hossa not leaning into Hamhuis, like Ovechkin did to Campbell was the difference in the two.
no, star payoff missing 2 games when you have your regular season almost wrapped up and star player in the playoffs is the difference

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Bad Karma

So you're saying Ovechkin being thrown out of 2 other games this year had nothing to do with it?

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 10:23 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post

You speak the unfortunate truth and i dread when that day comes but I have the feeling it's inevitable. At the rate of speed that Hammer was moving if his head would have made direct contact into the boards he would have sustained serious injuries.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 10:52 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones93 View Post
So you're saying Ovechkin being thrown out of 2 other games this year had nothing to do with it?
can't be a prior offender withoutuspension. think hossa remembers bryan berard? even if hossa does it again tonight, his record is clean. so no. and hossa was not thrown out like ovechkin

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Dodgie

I'm still waiting for the Suter vs. Hossa (rematch)
It'll be epic.

Dodgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:43 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Um.....since when has ANYONE done the Preds any favors?
Game 1, Neimi. Likely the reason we're still playing.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Rob Zepp

This is perhaps the best rallying point the Preds need for tonight's game. Win tonight and the series will be Preds as Hawks will have too much pressure on them.

BT is smart enough to give his troops this "non" suspension as a focal point of "everyone is against us...no one wants us to win.....we are in this alone" etc. etc. to the point where the players will get that extra little bit.

This may be the best overall decision for the Preds. It is not like Hossa has been playing all that well in the series either.

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 12:04 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Stupid ass Chicago fans that think we're just upset with Hossa because of the comeback. Like we weren't pissed when it happened.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

vCash: 325
Hamhuis reaction:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=5137095

BTW, the only bright spot to him playing is the awesome, unrelenting boos that will rain down every time he touches the puck.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
Radulov got suspended for much less, but such is life. And yes if Hossa didn't score someone else would of the way that game was going, but still, its unfair, but we should be used to it by now.
Radulov's was way, way worse. He hit him in the numbers, lept into the air, and the Sharks player was knocked unconscious.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 03:57 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Bernier did a lot of acting. He wan't knocked out and didn't miss the next game, he even said something about just laying there in the papers.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 05:17 PM
WalkmanX

I think the NHL seriously need to get more consistent in the off season in the matters like this, would also be nice if they got more consistent in officiating aswell, what really gets me is the inconsistencies and i hope they get solved in the off season, but I'm a realist and know they probably won't.

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkmanX View Post
I think the NHL seriously need to get more consistent in the off season in the matters like this, would also be nice if they got more consistent in officiating aswell, what really gets me is the inconsistencies and i hope they get solved in the off season, but I'm a realist and know they probably won't.
They had been getting consistent in a lot of cases, which is why I thought he would probably be getting suspended.

Old
04-26-2010, 05:29 PM
WalkmanX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
They had been getting consistent in a lot of cases, which is why I thought he would probably be getting suspended.
To be honest, i thought he would get suspended aswell, that just proves the inconsistency point

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

I really don't want to sound bitter and like I'm complaining but I can't help but assume that if Hamhuis hit Hossa then we probably wouldn't see him the rest of the year (ya know, assuming we lose).

Old
04-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Bernier did a lot of acting. He wan't knocked out and didn't miss the next game, he even said something about just laying there in the papers.
lol, ok...

Hamhuis needs to go to acting school then

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote