HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamrlik Vows Better Play As Habs Try To Extend Series

Old
04-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
Supertramp having a field day I see. Surprised there was no assault done to him after Games 3 and 4.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Done

Hamr's always been a "gamer", a real pro's pro. He's embarassed; and, despite what he says, he looks injured (likely a hip problem as his stride doesn't look the same). If he say's he'll play better he has a history of being able to rebound. JM just needs to manage his minutes and situations.

Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Hamr took a big part of the workload when Markov got injured. Without him we simply wouldn't be in the playoffs.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:20 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisequoi View Post
Hamr's always been a "gamer", a real pro's pro. He's embarassed; and, despite what he says, he looks injured (likely a hip problem as his stride doesn't look the same). If he say's he'll play better he has a history of being able to rebound. JM just needs to manage his minutes and situations.
Oh yeah he showed his "gaming" with his two measly PowerPlay points this year. His career MINUS 39 in the playoffs, 2 career playoff goals (not 3, typo on my part), and his career MINUS SIXTY-TWO. A real gamer.

Don't blame it on JM that Hamrlik sucks at pinching, holding the puck, checking the skater or generally doing anything that requires any semblance of decision making.

Coldplay, you know me too well. The day his stain is expunged from the Habs, I will be the happiest Habs fan on hfboards.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:21 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Hamr took a big part of the workload when Markov got injured. Without him we simply wouldn't be in the playoffs.
Without him we could've had a good player for 5.5m dollars and not a glorified bottom pairing d-man.

"oooohhh look at him break up the play with a stick check, what a good player!"

He can stick check and position like a good d-man, good for him. He can't do much else though.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:27 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
True. I like that he said this. We need him to win this series, without question.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Darz

Well, I dunno how much value I should put into Hamrlik's words, but I guess this is better than him saying he doesn't understand why he was bench. Hopefully a little pissed off, something to prove Hamrlik will be more effective in game 6.

04-26-2010, 12:13 AM
LyleOdelein

As disgusted I've been with his terrible play, I have to say that I appreciate Hamr stepping up and admitting that he's been a disappointment in the playoffs. If he can live up to his vow, this team will be much better. If he doesn't, at least last game's benchings showed that Martin is willing to bench the passengers when it's necessary.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Nice to see him step up like that, hopefully he backs it up on monday. As frustrating as his play has been in this series I think the way certain "Habs fans" turn on our players is even worse. "Hey lets boo him whenever he touches the puck, that way he's sure to find his game" Fans like these make it embarrassing to call myself a Hab fan.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 12:36 AM
JrHockeyFan

Seeing as how hamr is actually a player on the team I often wonder how fans do not realize he is probably 10 x more disappointed in his own play than any fan could be.

So the man has come out and actually said it too.

I'm hoping he does play better. I certainly think he means to

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 01:01 AM
marvelousmotion

Quote:
I disagree. He might have helped the team and played a role, but to say that the Habs would not be in the playoffs without him is stretching and exaggerating it. You're making it sound like if he was the MVP on the team during the first half and that the Habs would be no where without him. To me, that's discrediting other players like Plekanec (who absolutely carried the team's offense on his back during that time) or Halak's stellar play. I find it wrong when people seem to give all the credit to Hamrlik or Spacek during Markov's absence. This is a team game. Yes, they had to play more, but the whole defensive squad had to play more and the whole team had to play better. What about other players like Gorges or Gill who also logged big minutes?

Anyways, it was about time Hamrlik realized that he could give a lot more on the ice. He was by far the team's most disappointing player in this series. After hearing him say it out loud, I'm pretty sure we'll see some improvement in his play. It's all mental in his case; it was never physical thing, he was simply not competing mentally and it showed in his play. There's a difference between a player who is completely "drained" and a player who simply refuses to give that extra effort and push.

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 01:09 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

First shift, he'll line up Ovechkin, miss, hit Cammy, take him out, fall hurt himself and then the caps will score putting Montréal down 1-0 and 2 players 10 seconds into the game.

Oh and as he's going down, his stick will clip a caps player (Tyler ****in' Sloan), cut him open and give the caps a pp.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 01:15 AM
BeBen*

At least he's self aware

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 01:18 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
First shift, he'll line up Ovechkin, miss, hit Cammy, take him out, fall hurt himself and then the caps will score putting Montréal down 1-0 and 2 players 10 seconds into the game.

Oh and as he's going down, his stick will clip a caps player (Tyler ****in' Sloan), cut him open and give the caps a pp.
You really can see into the future..

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 01:36 AM
Corey

Confession may be good for the soul, but will it help his play. The Habs have a greater need for a better Dman than for a better soul.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote