HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(3) Vancouver Canucks vs. (6) Los Angeles Kings | Kings Forum Series Discussion II

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2010, 07:58 PM
AnThGrt

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Kopitar ES
Simmonds ES

Old
04-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

congratulations guys on a fantastic series

The future is bright for the kings, one hell of a team, scared the **** out of us.

congratulations on the great series.

Old
04-25-2010, 10:43 PM
Hammer79

I said 5 games, and the Kings took the Canucks to 6... colour me surprised... LA couldn't score even strength, that's what cost them the series, not Quick. He completely stole Game 2 for you guys, way to throw him under the bus.

Quick looked scared out there tonight, and he played that way, but the D hung him out the dry in Game 5 and wtf was Murray thinking throwing back out there to get lit up after pulling him in Game 5. Murray destroyed his confidence for this game. If Kings fans want to point fingers, point them at your coach...

Old
04-25-2010, 10:48 PM
LeafSadist

vCash: 1040
The Kings will be back next April. They have a good core going forward, and this experience will definitely help. They should be better next year for sure.

Old
04-25-2010, 11:12 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
I said 5 games, and the Kings took the Canucks to 6... colour me surprised... LA couldn't score even strength, that's what cost them the series, not Quick. He completely stole Game 2 for you guys, way to throw him under the bus.

Quick looked scared out there tonight, and he played that way, but the D hung him out the dry in Game 5 and wtf was Murray thinking throwing back out there to get lit up after pulling him in Game 5. Murray destroyed his confidence for this game. If Kings fans want to point fingers, point them at your coach...
Pretty sure Ersberg had some injury trouble, which is why he went directly to the locker room after being replaced.

Old
04-25-2010, 11:16 PM
corman

Good series. The kings have a very good team and will be a force to deal with in the future. Cheers

A hockey fan.

Old
04-25-2010, 11:24 PM
CallMeJerry

Hi Canucks fan here not looking to troll. First of all great series, you guys have a lot to look forward to with your young group. I was interested in an honest, non-Canuck fan assessment of the Canucks.

I’ll give my assessment of the Kings:

Strengths:

- Doughty, obviously – if you’re starting a team and have one defenceman to build around, I can’t think of another d-man in the league I would choose
- Simmonds – this guy is really impressive. His strength on the puck (incredible for such a skinny guy) and work ethic are something else. He really reminds me of Samuelsson. If a team has 12 Simmonds-like guys at forward, they’d go a long way
- Overwhelming muscle along the boards on offence with Frolov, Handzus, Modin
- The crowd at the Staples Center was rockin’. Really impressive for laid back, we’ve got a million other things to do LA

Weaknesses:

- not enough speed overall – your forecheck was dominating at times but then there were times when they just weren’t fast enough to get bodies on the Canuck D
- Scuderi, Greene, O’Donnell – they just can’t contribute anything offensively. That’s probably 2 too many D-only defencemen. Your great forwards are wasted by having these guys not being able to pass to them. The Canucks have missed their top shutdown D in Mitchell, but we’re also scoring a lot more with him out of the lineup
- Quick – just not good enough. Maybe he was tired after his first full season?

???:

- Kopitar & Smyth had to be playing hurt, right? I’ve seen these guys play great before, but they were non-factors (offensively at least – Kopitar made a number of great defensive plays). It was close enough that a dominating Kopitar would have meant a Kings series win

Again, congratulation to the Kings and their fans on a great season and series.

Old
04-26-2010, 12:24 AM
DickArmy*

Thank You Vancouver Canucks! Things I learned

Having settled down in the last hour, I'm actually kind of happy the Kings lost to the Canucks. This season met expectations, at least the rational ones, and the Kings were never going to go on a cup run. Because of this, for the Kings to have faced a matchup nightmare in the Canucks was a blessing in disguise. This series exposed the Kings weaknesses and strengths as a team, which I believe will great for Lombardi in helping him decide what to do this offseason. There will be no false illusions about where the Kings are from either the fans or management.

Imagine had the Kings faced a better matchup in the first round and won. You don't think the fans and management would be much more content to do little this offseason?

Also this was the first postseason series I've closely followed in a long long time. I had forgot how intense postseason hockey was. How every shift was an allout grind. It's funny you would think in this type of hockey the elite skills wouldn't show, but they showed even more. Just goes to show you what hockey is really about. Skills. Get more skilled players1

Closed Thread