HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The road to Gelsenkirchen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2010, 04:24 PM
  #1
Dfire
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Germany
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
The road to Gelsenkirchen

Germany had their first tune-up game today in Crimmitschau against Norway. They beat them 3:0 thanks to 3 2nd period goals by Wolf, Rankel and Gawlik.

In my opinion Gawlik was the best player on the ice. I also liked the Lewandowski-Barta-Kreutzer line: good forechecking. The defensive pairing of C Braun and Justin Krueger (didn't know the guy) also did a very good job. Kotschnew with an easy shutout.

Other than Krueger no players from North America were there and potential players from the 4 DEL semifinalists (Greilinger, Reiss, Endras, Ficenec, Hospelt, Bakos) were still missing of course.

They play Norway again tomorrow in Dresden.

Dfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 06:49 PM
  #2
Burgs
Registered User
 
Burgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
I was there. We finally played a game the way we need to: hard work along the boards, good defensive positioning, always moving and going to the net. I agree about Gawlik, the guy seemed dangerous every time he got the puck.

Krueger just graduated from Cornell, I didn't expect him to make the team that fast (if ever) but he didn't look out of place at all. There's some big young defensemen coming up with Reul and Holzer also in the mix.

Oh and that Scooter song is unbelievably wicked awful.

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 02:00 AM
  #3
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,392
vCash: 150
Another win against Norway. 8-2 this time.

1:0 Müller (4:23), 1:1 Dahlström (4:48), 1:2 Forsberg (8:31), 2:2 Braun (11:03), 3:2 Braun (18:18), 4:2 Barta (20:31), 5:2 Kreutzer (23:33), 6:2 Hager (32:13), 7:2 Osterloh (47:42), 8:2 Kink (57:26)

So far I like the roster Krupp chose for these games. It lacks certain players I really don't want to see on the team again. I hope they stay gone.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 05:50 AM
  #4
Tronador
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Berlin
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
And i really think, Lewandowski should get his last chance in the national team. I am big fan of Christoph Gawlik, so i hope he will stay at the team. Sad that he had so many unjuries especially at the draft time.

Tronador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 02:53 AM
  #5
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,392
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronador View Post
And i really think, Lewandowski should get his last chance in the national team. I am big fan of Christoph Gawlik, so i hope he will stay at the team. Sad that he had so many unjuries especially at the draft time.
Yeah, he really picked the "right" time for his injuries in at least two consecutive years, and not just minor injuries.
Before his injuries I was sure he would get drafted despite his lack of size. If he could have made it to the NHL is another story and personally I think he probably wouldn't have, but his talent was no less than Gogulla's.


Last edited by Maverick41: 04-19-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 06:56 AM
  #6
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,392
vCash: 150
Krupp cut Reul and Kink from the team and added Hospelt and Fischer from Wolfsburg as well as Greilinger and, sadly, Bakos from Ingolstadt. I can't believe that Bakos still hasn't played himself off the team.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 07:02 AM
  #7
Dfire
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Germany
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
He also threw Pätzold out of the National team. Krupp said that Endras is gonna get nominated for sure and he only wants to cut one guy out of Ehelechner, Kotschnew and Zepp.

Ficenec is innjured so no WC for him. I think Busch is definately out too.

Dfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 07:40 AM
  #8
Tronador
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Berlin
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
Would be great, if Christopher Fischer will take the chance. What about Constantin Braun?

Tronador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:25 AM
  #9
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronador View Post
Would be great, if Christopher Fischer will take the chance. What about Constantin Braun?
should have good chances because of his PP ability.

but it's justin krueger i want. the years in college helped him to develop in all areas. finally krupp did something right to invite him. the next step is to nominate him for the WC.

no paetzold, no ficenec...make it no bakos too and a medal is possible.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:29 AM
  #10
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,392
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronador View Post
Would be great, if Christopher Fischer will take the chance. What about Constantin Braun?
For now he is on the team, and he scored 2 goals in the second game against Norway, that probably didn't hurt his chances.
I think he came back strong after his injury played a good season. Also he is a versatile player who can play Forward as well as Defense. Hopefully Krupp will give him a shot.

You can probably not achieve much without any experienced players, but I'd really like to see guys Marcel Müller, Holzer, Gawlik, Braun, Fischer and mayber 3 or 4 more of that kind on the team.

There would still be room for guys that provide, leadership, experience and hopefully also skill.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:30 AM
  #11
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,392
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
should have good chances because of his PP ability.

but it's justin krueger i want. the years in college helped him to develop in all areas. finally krupp did something right to invite him. the next step is to nominate him for the WC.

no paetzold, no ficenec...make it no bakos too and a medal is possible.
What about Schmidt, he is not on the team is he? Please tell me he is not.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:41 AM
  #12
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
What about Schmidt, he is not on the team is he? Please tell me he is not.
so far he is. osterloh is too.

but the problem is that you cannot take 6-8 young Ds.

fischer, braun, krueger, holzer, hoerdler, baxmann might be a bit too inexperienced. so 1-3 of bakos, osterloh, schmidt, butenschon will make it i guess.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:58 AM
  #13
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,392
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
so far he is. osterloh is too.

but the problem is that you cannot take 6-8 young Ds.

fischer, braun, krueger, holzer, hoerdler, baxmann might be a bit too inexperienced. so 1-3 of bakos, osterloh, schmidt, butenschon will make it i guess.
Your probably right. I have no problem with Butenschön but the other three give me headaches.
I want Goc!!!!!

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:19 AM
  #14
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega
 
JVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,217
vCash: 500
Reiss was oen of the last to be cut from the Vancouver team.
With the NHLers out of the picture now he should be in, right?

(Thinking about buying a black Reiss Germany jersey.)

JVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 05:17 AM
  #15
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,392
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR View Post
Reiss was oen of the last to be cut from the Vancouver team.
With the NHLers out of the picture now he should be in, right?

(Thinking about buying a black Reiss Germany jersey.)
Unless he gets injured in the DEL finals I'm pretty sure he will be on the team.

I hope Krupp we cut Schmidt or Bakos in his favor, though I think it will be one of the younger players or maybe Osterlohwho gets cut.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 01:20 PM
  #16
Wasi91
 
Wasi91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Worms, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Wasi91
Michael Bakos told the newspaper "Mannheimer Morgen" that he's out for the WC with an injury.
I bet the Team Germany fans on this board will be very disappointed...

Wasi91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 02:41 AM
  #17
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,392
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasi91 View Post
Michael Bakos told the newspaper "Mannheimer Morgen" that he's out for the WC with an injury.
I bet the Team Germany fans on this board will be very disappointed...
I know it is not nice to be happy because someone is injured. But I kind of am.
However I hope it's not too bad and wish Bakos a speedy recovery, you know just so he is healthy again as soon as the WC is over.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 03:00 PM
  #18
Tronador
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Berlin
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
I know it is not nice to be happy because someone is injured. But I kind of am.
However I hope it's not too bad and wish Bakos a speedy recovery, you know just so he is healthy again as soon as the WC is over.
But i thought the same...

Tronador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 05:35 AM
  #19
Dfire
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Germany
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
3 losses in 5 days but all very close.

vs. Switzerland in Schwenningen:
http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...gameid=1249647

vs. Switzerland in Füssen:
http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...gameid=1269583

and vs. Slovakia in Ravensburg
http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...gameid=1269584


Kotschnew, Endras and Zepp are probably going to be the goalies for the tournament. So no Ehelechner.

The only player from the new champion Hannover could be Nicolai Goc. So no Dolak, Boos or Kathan. and no Olver from Augsburg. Given their current shape all 4 players would probably raise Germany's quality level.

Dfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 05:41 AM
  #20
danista
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Cologne, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to danista
Andy Reiss?

danista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 07:44 AM
  #21
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
Krupp cut Reul and Kink from the team and added Hospelt and Fischer from Wolfsburg as well as Greilinger and, sadly, Bakos from Ingolstadt. I can't believe that Bakos still hasn't played himself off the team.
If Bakos makes this team instead of Andy Reiss or Patrick Köppchen, then I've gotta believe that politics, and only politics (whatever they may be), have ultimately made that decision!

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 07:47 AM
  #22
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,333
vCash: 500
Aren't Seidenberg and Schubert currently available for the WC.

I'd have a hard time believing that Seidenberg wouldn't play unless he himself would turn down an invitation.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 08:07 AM
  #23
Dfire
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Germany
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle View Post
Aren't Seidenberg and Schubert currently available for the WC.

I'd have a hard time believing that Seidenberg wouldn't play unless he himself would turn down an invitation.
Reiss is with the team too.

D.Seidenberg is injured.

Schubert doesn't seem to be an option for Krupp. He might still be injured too.

Dfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 08:36 AM
  #24
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,392
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfire View Post
Reiss is with the team too.

D.Seidenberg is injured.

Schubert doesn't seem to be an option for Krupp. He might still be injured too.
I think Schubert is still injured, though I am not entirely sure.

However, I was wondering about the goalies Krupp is gonna pick.
Right now there seem to be 4 candidates: Zepp, Endras, Kotschnew and Pätzold, or did I miss anyone?

Any ideas who'll be in goal? From what I've heard Kotschnew played pretty well against Switzerland, despite the losses. Could he be our number one goalie, or will Krupp share the starts in the group stage among the goalies to determine the number one for the next stage?

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 09:08 AM
  #25
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
However, I was wondering about the goalies Krupp is gonna pick.
Right now there seem to be 4 candidates: Zepp, Endras, Kotschnew and Pätzold, or did I miss anyone?
paetzold? he didn't get an invitation.

ehelechner is the 4th, but it seems that he's the frontrunner for being cut.

kotschnew, zepp, endras to WC. and my guess is that kotschnew will be starter.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.