HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Patrick Thoresen - back to Philadelphia?

Old
04-25-2010, 09:52 AM
lancer247

vCash: 500
Meh? Aren't there enough plumbers here in the states? I am sure Dean McAmmond types will be available. Thor was is OK but I would rather find a better winger for the top line and move Carcillo down to 3rd line.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:13 AM
BringBackStevens

I love the guy. Would take him, as long as we aren't relying on him to be a scorer for us.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 12:18 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
pass, hes a dime a dozen player.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 01:06 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerX View Post
I'm still hopeful Maroon can turn into a useful big-body forward. Bourdon and Marshall seem like good D prospects. After that, it's pretty dubious.
Meh, the only forwards scoring goals or doing anything was Maroon, Matsumoto and Legein.

On defense it was Lehtivouri mostly, with Marshall having an OK season. Bourdon needs to work on skating for him to be better. He didnt have a bad season, but his defensive play is bad. When Gustaffson came, they looked alot better. He put up 7 points in 5 games as a d-man.

That being said, after these 7 or so players, most of the others are just role players. Theres no blue chip prospect. Everyone has a thing for Kalinski here, but he wont be anything more then a 4th liner. Nodl is useless other then playing defense as a forward. Ross kinda looked like he gave up. Laliberte feeds off of Maroon and Matsumoto, hense his points.

That being said, the chances of us grabbing a blue chip prospect this summer is slim to none hense why Homer went and signed all these older junior guys.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 01:24 PM
jb**

Thor at 600k or Powe at 900k? which would you rather have?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 01:44 PM
FlyerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Meh, the only forwards scoring goals or doing anything was Maroon, Matsumoto and Legein.

On defense it was Lehtivouri mostly, with Marshall having an OK season. Bourdon needs to work on skating for him to be better. He didnt have a bad season, but his defensive play is bad. When Gustaffson came, they looked alot better. He put up 7 points in 5 games as a d-man.

That being said, after these 7 or so players, most of the others are just role players. Theres no blue chip prospect. Everyone has a thing for Kalinski here, but he wont be anything more then a 4th liner. Nodl is useless other then playing defense as a forward. Ross kinda looked like he gave up. Laliberte feeds off of Maroon and Matsumoto, hense his points.

That being said, the chances of us grabbing a blue chip prospect this summer is slim to none hense why Homer went and signed all these older junior guys.
I think the Flyers are pretty well set in their Top 6 forwards and top 4 D for a couple years, but you still need to be able to make that call to the farm.

FlyerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 02:15 PM

vCash: 50
Asham > Thor

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 03:02 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Thor would be nice to have back on the team. Always good to have another Norwegian on the team.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 04:04 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I like Thor, but we are jammed in the bottom 6. I expect Kalinski to have a shot

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 05:05 PM
TheShaneTrain

you guys do realize that if Thor comes back, the potential of Wolfy returning increases tenfold. i don't know about the rest of you, but i don't want ironballs back for that reason alone.

also, what's up everyone?

TheShaneTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 05:21 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Thor is a never has been

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 05:40 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Asham > Thor
They are really too different players to compare. They are both role players that have two different roles. Asham is a physical guy who is really just out there to bruise. Yeah he gets his goals and some assists, but he is there to take guys out of the play. The Flyers have Carcillo and Lappy to do that. Thor plays a more offensive style and has some defensive chops as well. He's not gonna muscle anyone out there or drop the gloves like Asham will, but stick him on a line with Giroux and he'll put up more points than Asham. Book it.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 10:24 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Powe at $650k.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 04:50 AM
mirimon

Powe > Asham > Thoresen imo, if we want to grade them. If we don't resign Asham I hope we'll somehow upgrade with a more offensively skilled winger or give someone like Kalinski a chance to claim a place.

I hope we don't see Thor in a Flyers jersey next season. Apart from blocking that shot he didn't do too much during his stint with us. We had one of the worst 4th lines at the time with him, Dowd and Kapanen (who despite his work ethics simply had run out of gas), and when he played with better players, Richards, he didn't do anything to suggest he belonged on such a line.

One thing I love about Richie is that he clicks with almost any type of player, and also has a tendency to make them better. Downie, Hartnell, Umberger, Lupul all played some of their best games in a Flyers jersey with Richards as their center. Currently he's almost convincing us that Carcillo is a legitimate scoring threat. Thoresen got nothing out of playing with him though.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 07:00 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Powe > Asham > Thoresen imo, if we want to grade them. If we don't resign Asham I hope we'll somehow upgrade with a more offensively skilled winger or give someone like Kalinski a chance to claim a place.

I hope we don't see Thor in a Flyers jersey next season. Apart from blocking that shot he didn't do too much during his stint with us. We had one of the worst 4th lines at the time with him, Dowd and Kapanen (who despite his work ethics simply had run out of gas), and when he played with better players, Richards, he didn't do anything to suggest he belonged on such a line.

One thing I love about Richie is that he clicks with almost any type of player, and also has a tendency to make them better. Downie, Hartnell, Umberger, Lupul all played some of their best games in a Flyers jersey with Richards as their center. Currently he's almost convincing us that Carcillo is a legitimate scoring threat. Thoresen got nothing out of playing with him though.
If they are looking at Thor then that tells me they must think that kalinski and the like are not good enough or not ready for an everyday a 4th line role. As much as we all want them to be given a chance, the flyers brass has a better knowledge as to where they thinkt he player is at. If that is the case that isnt good.

Old
04-26-2010, 07:36 AM
CantSeeColors

The reason they're looking at Thor is because they still own his rights and want to know if he's worth keeping or letting go. It's not that they think they have a hole that nobody else can fill, just that they want to know what they have before signing him or letting him move on.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 07:41 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
The reason they're looking at Thor is because they still own his rights and want to know if he's worth keeping or letting go. It's not that they think they have a hole that nobody else can fill, just that they want to know what they have before signing him or letting him move on.
Dont see that as the reason they are looking at him. They know what kind of layer he is.

Old
04-26-2010, 08:58 AM
flyfan795

Quote:
Powe at 900K and it is not even close.

flyfan795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 09:59 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfan795 View Post
Powe at 900K and it is not even close.
why? what exactly does powe bring that thorsen wouldnt?

Old
04-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Kaktus*

Who said Powe will be making 900K?

10-15% raise. Thats it! Same goes for 10min per game Ryan Parent.

Quote:
why? what exactly does powe bring that thorsen wouldnt?
imo Powe is more physical, can line up anywhere LW/C/RW and he is much faster.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 10:21 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Who said Powe will be making 900K?

10-15% raise. Thats it! Same goes for 10min per game Ryan Parent.

imo Powe is more physical, can line up anywhere LW/C/RW and he is much faster.
powe will seek more than a 10% raise. what does he make know? Think they are both = in physical dept. dont think powe is faster at all. powe has better hands probably. ratehr have a cheaper similiar player, even if only a few hundred k. Wouldnt be surrpised to see him traded when he ask for 1mm per.

Old
04-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
powe will seek more than a 10% raise. what does he make know? Think they are both = in physical dept. dont think powe is faster at all. powe has better hands probably. ratehr have a cheaper similiar player, even if only a few hundred k. Wouldnt be surrpised to see him traded when he ask for 1mm per.
He makes 520K and imo he deserves 10-15%. Ok fine, maybe even 20% raise. No one will trade for him, or make an offer sheet and I do not think he will demand something. We make him an offer and if he does not take it, he can **** off. It is THAT simple.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 10:52 AM
kammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeman View Post
i love the guy.. played his nuts off when he was here

LOL...
thanks but no thanks.. asham needs to get re-signed I think he proved hes not over the hill yet.

kammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 10:57 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Sometimes I'm amazed at two people's differing viewpoints on the same player. If I were to describe Powe I'd say he's quite physical, VERY fast, and has stone hands. In comparison to what I remember from Thor, I'd say Powe is certainly more physical, certainly faster, and certainly has worse hands.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Jester

Quote:
Betts just signed for 700K a year.

Powe should get bumped to the 600-700K range (just to be paid like a guy that has earned his roster spot), but he isn't going to be getting 1M per year (from anyone). And if someone does go after him as a RFA at that price tag... move on.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote