HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobby Ryan turns down offer?

Old
04-25-2010, 11:57 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

vCash: 500
As for Ryan, I'd love to have Bobby Ryan depending on the prithice. He's a big young power forward with goal scoring touch, something this team has lacked for quite some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigga334 View Post
you guys are delusional not every free agent out wants to be a ranger. your team is the exact reason why we have a salary cap in the nhl
This is the exact reason I hate the Pittsburgh Penguins and their fanbase. The select few diehards aside, a bunch of people who think their **** don't stink because Buttman and Lemieux are lovers and decided that he'd just give Crosby to a team where they'd rather be watching the Steelers. Gary didn't give a **** Winnipeg when they were dying. He told them to scratch when they asked for help. Hartford? The same thing, oh and that franchise in Quebec, well don't they look great in Colorado? It's an absolute shame that a franchise that filed for chapter 11 can receive financial help from the world's biggest moron and NHL commissioner, but three franchises who had fans that went to every game and actually cared about the team folded.

So now, we have people like this guy who if you asked him who Rob Brown or Moe Mantha was, he'd look at you like you had 4 heads, running their mouths and claiming to be fans of a team that got rewarded for being bad for years.

It's funny, because these people talk **** about the Rangers ownership being bad... I don't recall the Rangers ever filing for chapter 11, even with a moron like Dolan behind the reigns.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 04:15 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I would give up a lot for Ryan. If there was a way to hold onto this years 1st I would move the first 3 picks from next year and one of the young defensemen like Girardi, Sanguinetti or McDonagh for Ryan. We are talking about a very young perennial 35-40 goal power forward with no history of injuries. This kid is the real deal.

1st '11 + 2nd '11 + 3rd '11 + Sanguinetti/McDonagh/Girardi
Isn't that ridiculous if just the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd would get you Ryan through an offer sheet?

I think a 1st, Girardi, and a 3rd is about equal what we'd give up from the offer sheet. If they take a 1st, Girardi, and Boyle, even better.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 04:24 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaborikEqualsGod1995 View Post
Potential 50 goal scorer > Postionally unknown draft picks in a weak draft year.

Ryan should fetch just as much as Kessell (if not more). I would be bummed if we traded away two 1st rounders for him (2011 and 2012).

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 04:28 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Ryan should fetch just as much as Kessell (if not more). I would be bummed if we traded away two 1st rounders for him (2011 and 2012).
That sort of logic really doesn't apply. Burke massively (and stupidly) overpaid for Kessel. Big-ticket RFAs aren't worth that much.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 08:44 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Keep in mind, Kessel's price tag was inflated because he was traded within the division. Ryan would not be.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

Bobby Ryan is undoubtedly a Flyers fan. Go read his history. His family is friends with Bobby Clarke, and when Ryan was like 15 his dad was in jail and Bobby Clarke helped to keep him in hockey. He let him practice with the Flyers, etc.

Ryan's story is crazy, it's amazing he made it to the NHL. He owe's Clarke and the Flyers organization big time.

Luckily, the Flyers don't have the capspace to sign him, so maybe we could make a move.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

The asking price for him would be enormous. Back-to-back 30+ goal seasons in his first two years in the league? That's amazing.

Ryan, IMO, is a better asset than Kessel. While I think Kessel is more dynamic offensively and has a better shot, Ryan is much more versatile and plays with grit. Kessel is a perimeter player for the most part.

Like I said before, I think the only way Anaheim listens is if they hear Staal or Del Zotto come up within the offer.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 10:16 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Isn't that ridiculous if just the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd would get you Ryan through an offer sheet?

I think a 1st, Girardi, and a 3rd is about equal what we'd give up from the offer sheet. If they take a 1st, Girardi, and Boyle, even better.
I think the Ducks would just match the offer sheet and then trade him for more at that salary. That package is pretty fair. You need to give up good young assets in order to get a 23 y/o 35-40 goal scoring power forward.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:15 AM
McDonaughGirardi

you guys are adressing a topic that is not an issue... bobby ryan is a natural right winger and he loves to play on the right side... our right wing is the only position besides goaltending that does not need to be adressed. gaborik, callahan, wiese and prust ... sure it would be nice to replace prust with ryan... but we simply cannot with our limited cap space...
we have no centreman ... the closest thing to a #1 centreman is dubinsky and if we want to be a stanley cup contendor we need to go out and get a #1 centreman ... also we dont have any left wingers... especially wince prospal is a UFA ... who is going to play with gabby next year dubinsky and christensen ... we need to go out and get a left winger ... also acquiring bobby ryan would involve giving up at least one first round pick
IMO it would be smarter to sign kovalchuk for 3 million more per season and keep our first round picks, prospects and young talent... one thing that we should learn from the leafs is to never trade your first round pick

McDonaughGirardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 01:18 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I think the Ducks would just match the offer sheet and then trade him for more at that salary. That package is pretty fair. You need to give up good young assets in order to get a 23 y/o 35-40 goal scoring power forward.
I'm basing those packages on the fact that it's equivalent to a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Girardi is worth a mid-late 2nd pick. Boyle probably isn't worth a 3rd but that is what we paid for so valuing him as such may be faulty logic on my end but I'm sure Sather could convince someone he is still worth a mid-late 3rd pick still. If the Ducks match the counter sheet, then I don't see why they don't resign him in the first place. He is a valuable asset to that team and should only get better with each season. We'd be damned fortunate to have the chance to enlist his services. Based on your logic, I would be willing to offer a 1st, 3rd, Girardi, and Boyle. Girardi would be worth something to them as they are losing a few D to free agency but I'd also assume they have some prospects like Mitera (too early for Sbisa or Gardiner?) they are looking at to step up. Boyle probably doesn't fit their needs unless they have some young players they are ready to promote to the 2nd line and can use him on the 4th line. They need to replace Selanne and Koivu (unless those 2 oldsters are resigned again) so they'd be looking at Dubinsky and Callahan in this case who are both inferior to Ryan at this point in their careers. Dubinsky/Callahan + 2nd is fair but I think we'd all like to avoid such a package if at all possible.

Old
04-26-2010, 01:47 PM
BklyNYR4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfallone View Post
you guys are adressing a topic that is not an issue... bobby ryan is a natural right winger and he loves to play on the right side... our right wing is the only position besides goaltending that does not need to be adressed. gaborik, callahan, wiese and prust ... sure it would be nice to replace prust with ryan... but we simply cannot with our limited cap space...
we have no centreman ... the closest thing to a #1 centreman is dubinsky and if we want to be a stanley cup contendor we need to go out and get a #1 centreman ... also we dont have any left wingers... especially wince prospal is a UFA ... who is going to play with gabby next year dubinsky and christensen ... we need to go out and get a left winger ... also acquiring bobby ryan would involve giving up at least one first round pick
IMO it would be smarter to sign kovalchuk for 3 million more per season and keep our first round picks, prospects and young talent... one thing that we should learn from the leafs is to never trade your first round pick
It's addressing a BIG ISSUE... the issue of SCORING DEPTH.

If just on the right side you can go:

Gaborik
Ryan
Callahan
Prust

you've already got the makings of a better forward Corp, and guys playing to their roles, than what we have now.

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 03:31 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNYR4Life View Post
It's addressing a BIG ISSUE... the issue of SCORING DEPTH.

If just on the right side you can go:

Gaborik
Ryan
Callahan
Prust

you've already got the makings of a better forward Corp, and guys playing to their roles, than what we have now.
I wonder if MZA can play LW then, if there is truth to his signing. I mean I'd rather have Ryan then MZA, just saying.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 06:17 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I wonder if MZA can play LW then, if there is truth to his signing. I mean I'd rather have Ryan then MZA, just saying.
yeah, I read he plays both. I think he's normally RW but played most of last season on LW.