HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maroon practicing w/ Richards Line; Leighton practicing (as per Twitter)

Old
04-26-2010, 05:36 PM
mypunkrock

vCash: 500
Carter and co will be the first line in this series. Richie et al will be bumped down to the third.

Bank on it.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 05:47 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
Carter and co will be the first line in this series. Richie et al will be bumped down to the third.

Bank on it.
vanRiemsdyk - Giroux - Asham

or

Hartnell - Briere - Leino

or

Maroon - Richards - Carcillo

Those are your options...pick a 1st line...

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 05:50 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

Regarding why people do/don't get called up: I was at the USA hockey Level 4 coaching clinic last fall, and I remember Kevin Constantine speaking about hockey sense. He said that's what it usually comes down to with people getting called up and sent down. The reason why you see a guy tearing up the AHL and never get a shot (or just get a game or two up in the NHL) is because they're just not smart enough/they're not committed enough to doing the things that they need to do to excel in the NHL.

Matsumoto's young, so maybe it's more a case of youth than commitment, but in terms of call-ups and prospect management (gauging readiness), I'm willing to give the Flyers the benefit of the doubt.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 05:53 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
Regarding why people do/don't get called up: I was at the USA hockey Level 4 coaching clinic last fall, and I remember Kevin Constantine speaking about hockey sense. He said that's what it usually comes down to with people getting called up and sent down. The reason why you see a guy tearing up the AHL and never get a shot (or just get a game or two up in the NHL) is because they're just not smart enough/they're not committed enough to doing the things that they need to do to excel in the NHL.

Matsumoto's young, so maybe it's more a case of youth than commitment, but in terms of call-ups and prospect management (gauging readiness), I'm willing to give the Flyers the benefit of the doubt.
Paddock has said at the end of the Phantoms season Matsumoto didnt get called up becuase they dont think he was nhl ready yet. So that is the reason why.

A maroon-richards-carcillo line would get eaten alive by the caps imo.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 06:07 PM
flyersfan1221

His own Commercial too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
It's unclear to me why we're bringing in AHL guys to the lineup to fill in spots on Richards' line, when you have a guy like Kalinski that you can plug in as an energy/checker effectively.
Yea! Don't forget, Kalinski is also media savy since he did his cool Virtua Health care commercial. We can always use a forward that can FLY.

flyersfan1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 06:13 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Paddock has said at the end of the Phantoms season Matsumoto didnt get called up becuase they dont think he was nhl ready yet. So that is the reason why.

A maroon-richards-carcillo line would get eaten alive by the caps imo.
A Laliberte-Richards-Carcillo line wouldnt?

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 06:16 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I wish they'd move into a two-line format and get Kalinski in:

vanRiemsdyk - Richards - Giroux
Carcillo - Betts - Laperriere
Powe - Kalinski - Asham

I still think that's the way to go, but as long as we're going with the 3 line format, I think Maroon brings more to the table than Laliberte.

Old
04-26-2010, 06:20 PM
jb**

Quote:
Where did you see me say or state they wouldnt?

Old
04-26-2010, 07:02 PM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
vanRiemsdyk - Giroux - Asham

or

or

Maroon - Richards - Carcillo

Those are your options...pick a 1st line...
Sorry, finals = brain fart.

I see the Betts line going against Ovie and his line.

I don't know enough about the Caps roster depth to say which of our lines would go against their other lines, but we're weak defensively now beyond the Betts line. In terms of creating mismatches for us (primarily at home), what do you guys think we do?

Maybe they make a size/banger line of Powe, Hartnell, and Asham to see if they can get a mismatch with Washington's D. That kind of echos Chris's comments about bring Kalinski up.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 07:13 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Where did you see me say or state they wouldnt?
I was compareing the Laliberte-Richards-Carcillo to what you said would be torn up. As we can see, they are either putting Maroon or Laliberte on that line.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 07:16 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
Sorry, finals = brain fart.

I see the Betts line going against Ovie and his line.

I don't know enough about the Caps roster depth to say which of our lines would go against their other lines, but we're weak defensively now beyond the Betts line. In terms of creating mismatches for us (primarily at home), what do you guys think we do?

Maybe they make a size/banger line of Powe, Hartnell, and Asham to see if they can get a mismatch with Washington's D. That kind of echos Chris's comments about bring Kalinski up.
Ovechkin (50-109) - Backstrom (33-101) - Knuble (29-53) ---> Pronger or Timonen (extremely hard job)
Fleischmann (23-51) - Belanger (15-41) - Semin (40-84) ---> Pronger or Timonen (shut down Semin, far easier)
Laich (25-59) - Morrison (12-42) - Fehr (21-39) ---> Any of the three (this line gets by playing thinner defenses)
Chimera (15-34) - Gordon (4-10) - Bradley (10-24) ---> not worried

Schultz (+50-23) - Green (+39-19) ---> exploit (weak defensively)
Poti (+26-24) - *Carlson (+11-6) ---> exploit (weak defensively)
Morrisonn (+8-12) - Corvo (-10-18) ---> exploit (weak defensively)

*Played on 19 regular season games.

Old
04-26-2010, 07:23 PM
jb**

Quote:
I was compareing the Laliberte-Richards-Carcillo to what you said would be torn up. As we can see, they are either putting Maroon or Laliberte on that line.
It is pure speculation that they will be a line. I highly doubt they would put either of those guys with richards unless shift or 2 at most. That means they would have to probably play double digit minutes which i dont think is likely unless a blowout. Either way that line would get abused no matter maroon or laliberte

Old
04-26-2010, 07:25 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
It is pure speculation that they will be a line. I highly doubt they would put either of those guys with richards unless shift or 2 at most. That means they would have to probably play double digit minutes which i dont think is likely unless a blowout. Either way that line would get abused no matter maroon or laliberte
It is not pure speculation. It will be a line.

However, there will be:
-Plenty of powerplay time that Laliberte/Maroon will not be a part of.
-Plenty of 4/4 time that Laliberte/Maroon will not be a part of.
-Plenty of penalty kill time that Laliberte/Maroon will not be a part of.
-Random situations where Laviolette decides to skate "super lines" for the heck of it.

Old
04-26-2010, 07:31 PM
jb**

Quote:
It is not pure speculation. It will be a line.

However, there will be:
-Plenty of powerplay time that Laliberte/Maroon will not be a part of.
-Plenty of 4/4 time that Laliberte/Maroon will not be a part of.
-Plenty of penalty kill time that Laliberte/Maroon will not be a part of.
-Random situations where Laviolette decides to skate "super lines" for the heck of it.
Correct on your points unless the refs let them play. However if they dress maroon i would think he would get pp time a she does have soft hands and is a big body in front.

Do you want to bet that will not be a line except for maybe a few shifts? What did laliberte play last game 5 minutes? who was he paired with the most? The coach isnt that dumb to put those 3 together as it is waste of richards talent. This isnt NJ, assuming they play the caps that would be a recipe for disaster having those 3 together for any extended period. So you go ahead and try to justify how it wouldnt.

Old
04-26-2010, 07:33 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Correct on your points unless the refs let them play. However if they dress maroon i would think he would get pp time a she does have soft hands and is a big body in front.

Do you want to bet that will not be a line except for maybe a few shifts? What did laliberte play last game 5 minutes? who was he paired with the most? The coach isnt that dumb to put those 3 together as it is waste of richards talent. This isnt NJ, assuming they play the caps that would be a recipe for disaster having those 3 together for any extended period. So you go ahead and try to justify how it wouldnt.
No you're correct on that. Maroon won't see much ice time. As for a big body in front of the net, unless he's taking JVR or Hartnell's spot, I wouldn't count on it. Even Pronger goes to the net first.

vanRiemsdyk - Pronger - Giroux
Timonen - Richards

Old
04-26-2010, 07:42 PM
jb**

Quote:
No you're correct on that. Maroon won't see much ice time. As for a big body in front of the net, unless he's taking JVR or Hartnell's spot, I wouldn't count on it. Even Pronger goes to the net first.

vanRiemsdyk - Pronger - Giroux
Timonen - Richards

Not counting on it at all but i believe he will see some time there imo if he plays (still dontthinkhe will). Those polaroids Hartnell has must be good stuff. Like you said earlier if you play one of these guys play someone who can help. Maroon can probably help on the pp. Hartnell has shown really no signs of turning it around. give the pp time to Maroon and maybe he gives the team a spark or flourishes in that area. Comapred to what Hartnell has done on the pp there is nothing to lose.

As far as Pronger in front i hope they kepp doing that. No reaosn to think they wont with the injuries they now have.

Old
04-26-2010, 07:49 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Not counting on it at all but i believe he will see some time there imo if he plays (still dontthinkhe will). Those polaroids Hartnell has must be good stuff. Like you said earlier if you play one of these guys play someone who can help. Maroon can probably help on the pp. Hartnell has shown really no signs of turning it around. give the pp time to Maroon and maybe he gives the team a spark or flourishes in that area. Comapred to what Hartnell has done on the pp there is nothing to lose.

As far as Pronger in front i hope they kepp doing that. No reaosn to think they wont with the injuries they now have.
Hartnell's 4.2m pay-check says otherwise. They'll keep going to him on the PP.

Old
04-26-2010, 07:57 PM
jb**

Quote:
Hartnell's 4.2m pay-check says otherwise. They'll keep going to him on the PP.
For some odd reason i dont think that is the reason. He is already gettign paid regardless. So why hurt yoru chances to continue running him out there on the pk. They will keep him there no doubt which is inexcusable at this point.

Old
04-26-2010, 09:46 PM
PhilaFlyers

Awesome.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 10:33 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

You know, just saying, but the Caps should finish Montreal off before we start worrying about playing them, they're one game away from a classic first seed choke

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:52 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
You know, just saying, but the Caps should finish Montreal off before we start worrying about playing them, they're one game away from a classic first seed choke

This is wise advice.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:58 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
I'd love to see the Caps choke.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 07:31 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

They aren't really choking. They had something like 52 shots last night. Their goaltending sucks and Halak stole the show.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 08:00 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
They aren't really choking. They had something like 52 shots last night. Their goaltending sucks and Halak stole the show.

Wow...did he ever. I believe he's in the neighborhood of 9-1 when he faces 40 or more shots.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 08:21 AM
Lomark

I would like to see:

JVR-Richards-Carcillo
Hartnell-Briere-Giroux
Kalinski/Powe-Betts-Lappy
Leino-Kalinski/Powe-Asham (minimal ice time)

Pronger-Carle
Timonen-Coburn
Krajicek-Parent

Boucher
Leighton

Lomark is offline   Reply With Quote