HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Volchenkov

Old
04-26-2010, 08:25 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I thought of that also, but decided Coburn pinches too much and that Timonen would probably handle him better. I figure he could handle Pronger's high icetime better.

However, it depends. If Volchenkov is better in front of the net, Timonen-Volchenkov could be an amazing pair with Pronger training Coburn 1 on 1.

Coburn-Pronger
ATrain-Timonen
who cares, they wont even play (Parent-Bartulis)

EDIT: If we go far into the playoffs this season, it will be because of Boosh and our defense, not our offense.
A-Train would open back up Timonen's offense

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 08:26 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Don't see him fitting, so no.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Lab Monkey

love to have him, but at 3 or less. 5 for a defensive dman is NEVER worth it. id rather spend 5 on a goalie

Lab Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Winston Wolf

I'd rather go after Dan Hamhuis. He likely won't command the price of Volchenkov, yet I think he's the better bang for the buck. He can play with the puck better than Volchenkov, usually putting up around 25 points a year with minimal PP time. He doesn't strike the fear into opponents' hearts like Volchenkov does, but with Pronger on the team for a while, that's not a problem this team has. Volchenkov also has missed about 15 games a season the last three seasons running, so I think it would be accurate to deem him injury prone due to his often physically reckless play. There's no way Volchenkov's a $5M per year guy unless some team desperate to make a splash makes a very bad mistake.

Hamhuis isn't perfect or he'd be looking at a huge contract, but he'd be ideal to actually lead a third pairing or to play with Pronger or Timonen. He's still mistake prone at times, but he'd be a significant improvement over the usual play of Carle or Coburn.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 10:06 PM
fire bettman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
I'd rather go after Dan Hamhuis. He likely won't command the price of Volchenkov, yet I think he's the better bang for the buck. He can play with the puck better than Volchenkov, usually putting up around 25 points a year with minimal PP time. He doesn't strike the fear into opponents' hearts like Volchenkov does, but with Pronger on the team for a while, that's not a problem this team has. Volchenkov also has missed about 15 games a season the last three seasons running, so I think it would be accurate to deem him injury prone due to his often physically reckless play. There's no way Volchenkov's a $5M per year guy unless some team desperate to make a splash makes a very bad mistake.

Hamhuis isn't perfect or he'd be looking at a huge contract, but he'd be ideal to actually lead a third pairing or to play with Pronger or Timonen. He's still mistake prone at times, but he'd be a significant improvement over the usual play of Carle or Coburn.
This. If we were going after any defenseman, I would like to see Hamhuis in the O&B, he'd be a perfect fit at a better price.

If we're going to pay 5M for anyone it should be Bobby Ryan or a good goaltender.

fire bettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 10:33 PM
captainpaxil

atrain is big strong tough defensively minded and a little bit dirty i less than three the snot outta him. but there is absloluely have no need for him on this team. if we create a hole by moving coburn or he wants more than 3 mil then you consider him but as of now you hafta let him pass.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Talbetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I want him, if it's possible.

Pronger on one pair
Timonen on another
A-Train anchoring the third

That's freaken epic.
This! I'd be all over it...if we could pull it off.

Talbetts is offline   Reply With Quote