HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

WCQF Game #4 - Sharks 2, Avs 1 (OT)

Old
04-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Kevy D

vCash: 500
lol nichol looks like a little kid

reminds me of rafalski in a way

Kevy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarkus View Post
That's not hostile. She's telling them how many goals they have. That's friendly and helpful.
Four?

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 04:43 PM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngmcs8203 View Post
Patty is definitely hurt and people are still riding him as if he's 100%. His right hand/wrist is injured in some way and he doesn't have his normal wheels.

You can tell his hand/wrist is injured by the amount of time he messes with it (opening and closing, rotating, etc.). It's definitely aggravated somehow. Also, he's missing passes/shots that he buries 100% of the time when he's healthy. Those shots that are in tight and he normally takes top shelf are going low or chest high on Anderson. If he's not elevating his shots, something is wrong.

As far as his speed goes, well you could tell last night that he just didn't have it. 100% healthy he's the fastest guy on the team. He just isn't anymore. Something is wrong.
Yes but, if he has a wrist injury, "IF" as there's been no talk of such, that doesn't stop him from skating or crashing the net to screen Anderson. Remember, he is a pretty big guy at what, 6'2" 220+ pounds!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggle toof View Post
I have noticed the constant flexing and bending of the wrist/fingers too, he's been doing it after just about every shift. That shouldn't stop him from doing the little things though, like screening a goalie or finishing a check.
ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
I have to say - watching Clowe's celebrations is awesome. His excitement is through the roof. It's clear he gives a ****. BTW, why the hell did he start skating and celebrating in the opposite direction of Pavs?

Look at Marleau not caring again:
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/a2/fu...y-98181188.jpg
On Clowe; Maybe it's the situation/talk of the altitude thing. He was hoping to quickly get to the dressing room to get some oxygen in him.

On Patty; Could be disappointment at him knowing his game level has dropped immensely.

Quote:
I have this feeling she knew in some way she'd be in some form of media and, that would be her spotlight. Albeit, not one to be fond of.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Markus
Registered Lurker

Quote:
Four?
She's bad at math.

Markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 05:04 PM
TealTownUSA

vCash: 50
btw...what happend to Ort last night? why was he scratched?

TealTownUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 05:29 PM
lunarbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I think the likely scenario is that he hurt with an injury that he can not further aggravate by playing. A deep bruise in a bad spot, a pulled muscle, who knows.

Marleau has one real advantage, speed. He has a decent shot, and decent instincts, but without his speed he is a 2nd liner. If he has a bruised ankle/foot/whatever that makes it painfull to skate hard, we'd see exactly whats happening. Look at Torrey Mitchell, without his speed, almost useless, now that he's getting it back, he's been back to form.

Hopefully it will improve enough soon to allow him to skate full speed again, and i suspect we'll see a return to form. That said, that doesn't bode terribly well for his grit factor. Hurt or not, standing around watching the puck bounce around you is not productive. At least Heatley was out there trying, and he clearly has a lot of pain.
I noticed the same thing with Marleau last night-usually he is skating away from guys but last night they were skating away from him. Must be some kind of a problem with his wheels. But, as others have noted, that shouldn't keep him from parking in front of the net and doing the other little things that do not depend on speed.

lunarbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 12:14 AM
Esoteric Ubiquity*

Quote:
I have to say - watching Clowe's celebrations is awesome. His excitement is through the roof. It's clear he gives a ****. BTW, why the hell did he start skating and celebrating in the opposite direction of Pavs?

Look at Marleau not caring again:
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/a2/fu...y-98181188.jpg
Look at those geriatric blue hairs in the stands..I wonder if they brought their walkers to the seats with them.

Esoteric Ubiquity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 12:33 AM
coooldude

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggle toof View Post
I have noticed the constant flexing and bending of the wrist/fingers too, he's been doing it after just about every shift. That shouldn't stop him from doing the little things though, like screening a goalie or finishing a check.
Marleau was finishing checks and playing solid defensive hockey last night. If something's up with his hand or legs or whatever, that is causing him to be ineffective on offense, at least he's playing decently in his own zone.

That being said, what is this, 3 years now he has been somehow hurt or maimed in the postseason? It's tiresome. I love the guy but I'm getting sick of this routine.

coooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 12:58 AM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by coooldude View Post
Marleau was finishing checks and playing solid defensive hockey last night. If something's up with his hand or legs or whatever, that is causing him to be ineffective on offense, at least he's playing decently in his own zone.

That being said, what is this, 3 years now he has been somehow hurt or maimed in the postseason? It's tiresome. I love the guy but I'm getting sick of this routine.
I LOVED him prior to the break but the Casper routine is unexplainable. Nobody to this day has given any reasonable explanation for for the 19 goal year in 07-08. He was so good for so long, I figured he had finally arrived. Now I can only think he is hurt because I want to believe he had it figured out. Nobody talks about injuries this time of year. We wont know until after the season is over. If he is hurt, I'd sign him to the right size contract - one befitting a very good but not an all-star player. If he disappeared again ... there is no way I want him on the team next year.

04-22-2010, 01:25 AM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealTownUSA View Post
btw...what happend to Ort last night? why was he scratched?
Upper-body injury, day-to-day.

Tkachuk4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Thresher

Sorry to bump this one back up, but I wanted to include the condensed game highlights:

Condensed Game | 22:24 |
San Jose vs Colorado - Apr 20th, 2010

Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Kitten Mittons

Can we embed hulu now? Woah!

Old
04-23-2010, 05:31 PM
matt trick

Would any of you wonderful Sharks fans mind uploading the condensed game to youtube? No Hulu in Italy. No worries if it is much effort- I have never used it before.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
Would any of you wonderful Sharks fans mind uploading the condensed game to youtube? No Hulu in Italy. No worries if it is much effort- I have never used it before.
What the hell? You're in Italy now? Living the life!

Old
04-23-2010, 06:10 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
you could prolly use a USA proxy server?

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 03:19 AM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
The Reason why Pavs scored in OT.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 06:07 AM
baydrake
gutless performance

Is it just me or did the Pavs/Murray play bear a passing resemblance to one of the great moments in hockey history?

from about 1:35 on
Their numbers are even factors of each other (96/8 and 33/3)

All that was missing was Coach Koala slapping the C on Joe's chest before the faceoff.

baydrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:44 AM
ngmcs8203

ngmcs8203 is offline   Reply With Quote