HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I hate you Brent Sopel

Old
04-24-2010, 05:27 PM
brtriad

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
I hate you Brent Sopel

I figured we need more jinx threads since they seem to be working.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
I figured we need more jinx threads since they seem to be working.

yep

Keep em coming

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 06:08 PM
helicon1

Is it insane to say that, after today, Sopel has been the Hawks best d-man this series? I'm still having chest pains every time he's out there at even strength, but you can't get much better on the pk. His work on that Hossa goal was shades of Hawk legend Big Country Walker during Sharps goal against Detroit last year.

And oh yeah, Sopel is the worst ever at everything. And he probably smells. There, I didn't jinx it.

helicon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicon1 View Post
Is it insane to say that, after today, Sopel has been the Hawks best d-man this series? I'm still having chest pains every time he's out there at even strength, but you can't get much better on the pk. His work on that Hossa goal was shades of Hawk legend Big Country Walker during Sharps goal against Detroit last year.

And oh yeah, Sopel is the worst ever at everything. And he probably smells. There, I didn't jinx it.
There you go

Thread back on topic

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 06:21 PM
helicon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
There you go

Thread back on topic
Heh. I almost hit submit before I added that last line. I'm too hyped up right now to even properly read a topic.

helicon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 09:56 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

Did anyone notice Sopel absolutely destroy some Nashville dude like 3 seconds after Hossa scored?

Excessively dirty, but lol

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 11:03 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
Did anyone notice Sopel absolutely destroy some Nashville dude like 3 seconds after Hossa scored?

I saw that. It gave me a good laugh.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 01:32 AM
LarmerAmonteSeabrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post

No...I was too busy hugging and hi-fiving everyone around me and getting beer spilled on me at the game...LOL! Did he really do that?

While attending Game 1, I yelled from the 300 level "You suck, Sopel!" I wonder if he heard me.

LarmerAmonteSeabrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 03:57 AM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 1700
Sopel along with Hammer has outshined the rest of the D-core this series. When Keith and Seabs haven't bothered to up their game, I am glad the vet Sopel did. Hope he will continue his play and that K&S will soon feel like playing.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 05:43 AM
KingKane

WOW!!! A little shocked at the title of this thread!!!

Sopel has been one of, if not the best man out there for us on PK's and shots blocked! I am getting sooo sick of the Sopel hate, it's getting ridiculous!

Yes Sopel may skate slow and his body motions resemble a Neanderthal, but he has more heart, determination, and "Will" then I have seen from anyone on this team thus-far in the playoffs! Not to mention the man has the brains of a all-star/veteran! The man is a gift to us, and it's not even an opinion anymore, we would simply not be 3-up on Nashville without him!!!

KingKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 05:58 AM
KingKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerAmonteSeabrook View Post
No...I was too busy hugging and hi-fiving everyone around me and getting beer spilled on me at the game...LOL! Did he really do that?

While attending Game 1, I yelled from the 300 level "You suck, Sopel!" I wonder if he heard me.
As a Blackhawk season ticket holder within the fam, u are one of those fans that we true Hawks fans despise showing up at the games!

3-4 years ago I remember going to Hawk games with just 10,000 in crowd, and everyone there cheered the team on, always respected the players, and always appreciated what every player contributed to the team.

You sir are the exception, along with a couple other bad apples as Hawks fans ever since they been doing good.

Yelling Sopel SUCKS, not cool man!!! He won us our last game, and possibly the 2nd!!!

KingKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 06:01 AM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKane View Post
WOW!!! A little shocked at the title of this thread!!!

Sopel has been one of, if not the best man out there for us on PK's and shots blocked! I am getting sooo sick of the Sopel hate, it's getting ridiculous!

Yes Sopel may skate slow and his body motions resemble a Neanderthal, but he has more heart, determination, and "Will" then I have seen from anyone on this team thus-far in the playoffs! Not to mention the man has the brains of a all-star/veteran! The man is a gift to us, and it's not even an opinion anymore, we would simply not be 3-up on Nashville without him!!!
i think your sarcasm detector is broken.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 03:11 PM
enforcersrule

Quote:
As a Blackhawk season ticket holder within the fam, u are one of those fans that we true Hawks fans despise showing up at the games!

3-4 years ago I remember going to Hawk games with just 10,000 in crowd, and everyone there cheered the team on, always respected the players, and always appreciated what every player contributed to the team.

You sir are the exception, along with a couple other bad apples as Hawks fans ever since they been doing good.

Yelling Sopel SUCKS, not cool man!!! He won us our last game, and possibly the 2nd!!!
My parents have had season tickets for 10+ years and regularly inform players when they are playing subpar hockey...

... yes, that includes an occasional "Sopel Sucks", etc. Are you offended by the "Detroit sucks" chants too?

You, sir, need to loosen up a little.

Last edited by enforcersrule: 04-25-2010 at 03:44 PM.
enforcersrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 03:47 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

The worst fans are the ones who blindly support the team.

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 08:36 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:

I seriously doubt you used to go to games if you remember anything sunny about the way the fans treated Augroin and Cullisuck.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 08:46 PM
enforcersrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
I seriously doubt you used to go to games if you remember anything sunny about the way the fans treated Augroin and Cullisuck.
Not to mention Daisy...

Old
04-25-2010, 09:43 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:

Dude, some of the long term season ticket holders are the worst. There is a guy in section 107 that always blasts certain Hawks' players.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:19 PM
LarmerAmonteSeabrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by enforcersrule View Post
Not to mention Daisy...
Only to be outdone by Krapo (what I used to call Karpovtsev) or Korolost.

LarmerAmonteSeabrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2010, 11:24 PM
enforcersrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerAmonteSeabrook View Post
Only to be outdone by Krapo (what I used to call Karpovtsev) or Korolost.
Or MORONov (Boris Mironov anyone?)...

Old
04-26-2010, 03:02 PM
zac

Way too much Sopel love here. Outside of the PK, where he has actually been okay due to his shot blocking, he has been pretty wretched. The guy is absolutely horrendous at clearing the puck and NEVER comes out with the puck when its along the boards. After the first half of the season where he actually played well, he has been a liability.

What really pisses me off is that Jordan Hendry has shown he is >>> better than Sopel yet Q not only continues to play Sopel, but gives him a ton of ice time.

But the worst D man on the team right now is Seabrook. If he doesn't have 2 or more inexcusable game changing f 'ups in a game you'd swear there was a full moon. I don't know if the concussion is the problem or what, but he has been downright horrible for the last 3 months.

zac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Brad Gardner
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
Way too much Sopel love here. Outside of the PK, where he has actually been okay due to his shot blocking, he has been pretty wretched. The guy is absolutely horrendous at clearing the puck and NEVER comes out with the puck when its along the boards. After the first half of the season where he actually played well, he has been a liability.

What really pisses me off is that Jordan Hendry has shown he is >>> better than Sopel yet Q not only continues to play Sopel, but gives him a ton of ice time.

But the worst D man on the team right now is Seabrook. If he doesn't have 2 or more inexcusable game changing f 'ups in a game you'd swear there was a full moon. I don't know if the concussion is the problem or what, but he has been downright horrible for the last 3 months.
There were points during the season I would have agreed with the bolded section, but I didn't think Hendry finished the season all that well. I seem to remember him chasing the play a lot and just not having the dependable positioning I was used to seeing.

Hendry averaged 13 seconds on the PK during the season, so can't replace the best thing Sopel brings. He also doesn't block as many shots, which was obviously important in the Preds series. As long as Sopel keeps his giveaways down, I like what he brings (especially in terms of heart and veteran presence) way too much to experiment with a largely untested 7th d-man.

But in the spirit of the thread, Sopel definitely lies on the ice too much. Just plain lazy..

Brad Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:58 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Sopel has been a monster on our PK this series. With Campbell back, Hendry is sort of redundant on our blueline.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote