HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Our Eulogy is up

Old
04-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Our Eulogy is up

Ryan Lambert @ Puck Daddy ... Ouch

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
I feel sorry for him, he didn't get a chance to make the "12 predators fans" joke ten years ago, so he must be making up for lost time.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 01:21 PM
OpenWheel

It struck my funny bone. I laughed a lot. I thought it was pretty good, with a little work behind it. I liked how when he'd bag our attendance he'd use it for a shot at Detroit. LOL

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 01:24 PM
predfan24

Should be renamed " Eulogy of the Nashville Predators from a bitter Flames fan who is mad a team from Nashville beat his overrated team out of a playoff spot"

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

How did he get a blog on Yahoo? Seriously I'm not being bitter I'm just saying there is absolutely no substance to that blog at all. At least blogs do occasionally present useful information but this is just dumb. Another attempt to generate page hits by bringing the uninformed anti-Nashville crew out of the woodwork.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

As a fellow sports blogger I am disgusted at the lack of effort and professionalism that this jackass displayed. I am going to email and call him out on it.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
How did he get a blog on Yahoo? Seriously I'm not being bitter I'm just saying there is absolutely no substance to that blog at all. At least blogs do occasionally present useful information but this is just dumb. Another attempt to generate page hits by bringing the uninformed anti-Nashville crew out of the woodwork.
agreed ... it wasn't Puck Daddy (Greg Wyshynski) but freaking Ryan Lambert

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 01:40 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
As a fellow sports blogger I am disgusted at the lack of effort and professionalism that this jackass displayed. I am going to email and call him out on it.
What a bunch of tightasses... (Edit, sorry for the tone, meant as a rib, not harsh)

What's unprofessional about writing a humor piece from the slant of bagging on the target? Roll with it. There's not supposed to be any INFORMATION in the piece, come on...

Nothing in that bothered me at all. "OOOOHHH, he made a twelve fans joke. I know for a FACT we have more then twelve fans! Grrrr! "

I think I'm going to email him and thank him for bringing out so many Nashville defenders from other fanbases in the comments to his piece. Hilarious all those who took it seriously and try to "correct" his information, lol. "Hey, they have fans!" Now I'm going to practice puckering up real tight in case I ever see a snide article about the team. I want to be ready next time.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 04-27-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old
04-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
****Ryan Lambert @ Puck Daddy ... Ouch[/URL]
by posting his link for us to all click on you are only giving this clown more money.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 02:21 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

He had a lot of time on his hands, he's a Flames fan afterall.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
What a bunch of tightasses, LOL!

What's unprofessional about writing a humor piece from the slant of bagging on the target? Roll with it. There's not supposed to be any INFORMATION in the piece, come on...

Nothing in that bothered me at all.

"OOOOHHH, he made a twelve fans joke! I know for a FACT we have more then twelve fans! Grrrr! "

I think I'm going to email him and thank him for bringing out so many Nashville defenders from other fanbases in the comments to his piece. Hilarious all those who took it seriously and try to "correct" his information, lol. "Hey, they have fans!" LOL

Now I'm going to practice puckering up real tight in case I ever see a snide article about the team. I want to be ready next time.
I think the problem stems from the approach he took. Instead of roasting the team or organization, the majority of his article takes shots at US, the fan base and our local community.

I wouldn't have a problem laughing at a roast of our team, but to use that platform to take repeated shots at our fans is classless and undeserving of the attention it will receive at that location.

I'm sorry that you don't see it that way, but I'd really like to see you point out another eulogy that attacks the fans more than the team...I'd be upset with that writer too.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 03:43 PM
OpenWheel

I guess if it's supposed to be some important high profile piece, I can see being upset. But I thought it was funny. I see it as just some blog though. Not something important.

I don't see your view of the appropriateness of the target either, in fact mine is the opposite. If he took more shots at the team, players, or organization, I'd probably be mad. But just bagging on our level of support using some stereotypes? Big whoops. We WERE really angry when the weather eclipsed the broadcast, and it wouldn't be done in a hockey market, which is a reason we were so ticked off. And so when he made fun of that, I laughed. One year ago I would have made fun of a player tweeting that a playoff game was sold out and using exclamation points because I'd have thought "everybody sells out every playoff game". So I laughed at the part about Ellis' tweet. Because he's exaggerating for effect. He says that Detroit's Joe is way empty or something. I laughed because of all the comments trying to set his "facts straight" but burning because he just compared their support to Nashville.

I liked the piece. It's not great, but ok. I must read about a hundred "rip on Nashville" pieces a year. Some count, like when the TSN guy threw in "move the team" in his draft coverage. That made me mad. Not this one. Come on. Grow a skin. And have some fun.

Or don't laugh, and choose to be angry instead. But it's just a piece on the internet with no meaning on anything. OOOHHH, maybe some free agent won't come here now due to our lack of support!

Ok, I'll bow out on this thread. I don't want to ruin really good angst.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 04-27-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old
04-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Section 303's response:

http://www.section303.com/response-t...-on-yahoo-4280

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 04:15 PM
OpenWheel

OK, I had to return. I think the 303 piece is all about being a *********. Ripping on the team and pretending he has the answers. Erat's pass did not cost us the game. It only increased the chances of losing. If Erat froze the puck the game does not miraculously end. Also, Erat did not pass the puck to himself and put himself between two defenders and trapped. Obviously it was a huge error, as was the defense once back in our own zone. Feels great to have him point out to the world once again how we screwed up, as if they missed it. And now someone may mention to Erat that 303 sees him as the only goat in the game.

To think now people from far and wide who read puck daddy are going to read his "rebuttal" to a humor piece and see him add to the ripping by trashing us himself. I can feel the glee already.

Great, with fans like that, who needs enemies? "HEY MAN don't rip on ME, rip on my TEAM!"

I'd rather the world bag on me and fellow fans and leave my team alone! 303 feels differently I see.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 04-27-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old
04-27-2010, 04:53 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

The Cat's post mortum, and revival.

Dear friends, this is not a day of tears but a time to scream hallelujah! We have seen a team proclaimed dead before they were born rise to the playoffs! The meek of poverty has risen to the glory.....

Yeah this preacher Schick was getting too tiresome. Here's the deal. Change is coming. But before then let's look at the year passed.

Patric "jävla" Hornqvist 30 Goals. Damn.

Colin Wilson Played like a rookie in the playoffs but played like a man in the regular season.

Let's take a look at the teams that tried to OUTSPEND the Preds only to watch them OUTPOINT their team.

Buffalo, Colorado, Ottawa, Boston, St. Louis, Calgary, Anaheim, Philly, Montreal, Dallas, NY Rags, Minny, ATL, Carolina, TB, CBJ
Florida, Toronto, Edmonton

All but the Yotes and the Islanders spent less than Nashville. The Yotes shocked the hell out of everyone.

As for next year here's the deal.

Based on the math and the estimates on the RFA's you guys are pretty good at guessing at. The Nashville Predators are going to have to lose a 4.5 million dollar guy to make the self imposed 45 million cap. Just no way around it. Dumont is not the choice. He's still younger than Sully and Arnott and Dumont has been the team leader in points if you look at the past five years for the Preds. Sully showed me something in the playoffs. Pure and simple I saw the flashes of the old SUlly and I was highly impressed. I was the first one to say 'Don't sign Sully!' and for most of the regular season I was right but this off season he impressed the hell out of me.

Which leaves Arnott. Who I simply can't defend at all. because of my east coast exile I can't can't most of the games on TV and I'm kinda glad game six was blacked out because this cat would have been barfing up MORE than a hairball. The team sucked and frankly Arnott was mopey not leading. I think he knew he's a dead man walking.

Most will say that Arnott is the captain. But let's face it. Nashville always, ALWAYS drafts character players and if Arnott goes there are 2 or 3 players waiting in the wings to lead; Legwand, Suter, Weber.

Colin Wilson is ready for 1st line minutes. It's time to begin the chemistry experiment of Wilson-Hornqvist+ winger to be named later.

As for the power play, well, if Arnott were to go I have a radical idea. See if Geoffrion can play.

WHAT? The road to Nashville begins in Milwaukee! Yup, you are all right.....guess where Geoffrion is right now? Milwaukee. Even if he plays the first two weeks to a month in Milwaukee next year he COULD and I say COULD be the solution for the power play.

1) http://www.uscho.com/stats/ This says he lead the nation in power play goals while playing a boat load of PK time as well.

2) Geoffrion may be destined for wing but he's another player who can play center. His FO% in the National Championship game was phenomenal.

Here's the Cat's plan for tweeking the Preds next year:

1) See if Arnott will waive his NTC. To make a move for the self imposed cap, this should be the move. This goes against the character of Poile I know this. But this is if I was GM and I'm a *******.

2) Re-sign: Hornqvist, Boyd, Bouillon. They earned it and frankly, the only one I fear of regressing is Cube.

3) Bring up Geoffrion, Blum. Maybe we can get a spark on the PP. Hell, ANYTHING has to be better than this.

4) Look into signing Grebs. I have no friggin idea what his RFA number will be. He's stunk on ice with the oil and woke up a little in Nashville. He WAS at 3.1 million but I could see him signing for less. Trading his rights could be interesting.

5) Expect a defense with Weber, Suter, Grebs, Klein, Sulzer and Blum.

6) Say good bye to the guy who was the best thing on twitter. Dan Ellis is going to sign elsewhere. He's too good to be a back up. Say hello to cheap Vet UFA till Pickard or Smith are ready for the reins.

7) Hamhuis is gone and if I could trade his rights for picks I would.

As for the draft: Normally this would be the year Poile drafts a defensive minded forward, a bunch of offensive defensemen in the later round. This year. I can't see it. Last year's draft was so good that I think Poile will use this year to mix things up. Litterally, I would read Worst's guide, find the proper description, and bam. But this year's draft is going to be BPA and it might just shock those draft geeks like me. This is the year Poile takes a lot of gambles.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 05:05 PM
OpenWheel

That's a great read 'Cat, very nice job. Thought out. Dang, you have me enthused about next season!

I enjoyed how (when discussing Sully) you refer to the post season as the "off season". I think you may have something there, in regard to the Preds.

Old
04-27-2010, 05:09 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
That's a great read 'Cat, very nice job. Thought out. Dang, you have me enthused about next season!

I enjoyed how (when discussing Sully) you refer to the post season as the "off season". I think you may have something there, in regard to the Preds.
Freud would be proud.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 05:27 PM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
I was genuinely about to post:
What an unprofessional jackass. Screw off.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 08:07 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

He can FRO.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 08:38 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I'm a huge fan of humor. Not much strikes me as being funnier than someone making fun of me. That is, of course, if they have any sort of wit. Creative ribbing and insulting is great. For me, the more obscene the better. I have thick skin

I'm absolutely sick and damn tired of this crap about our fan base. How about we mix in a few jokes like "Nashvillians are stupid, country music loving rednecks" or "Tennesseans are racist morons who don't wear shoes". Maybe we can toss in "You're American so you must be fat. All Americans are stupid and fat." Now all we need to do in order to entertain a bunch of twelve year old kids trying to act cool by pretending to be their 19 year old frat boy brother is toss in a couple of jokes heard on South Park or Family Guy. I mean, at this point we've pretty much said to Hell with actually making an effort. Creativity be damned, it's too hard. Someone get this fellow a latte and the Scary Movie box set. He loves trends and hates having to think much about a joke.

I have no problem with being mocked. I do, however, have a HUGE problem with people who attempt to be funny by only repeating crap they've heard others say before them. When I hear a joke and I can literally picture the person delivering it laughing hysterically as it's being told on a Comedy Central roast it irks me. This guy is missing one key instrument in his efforts to lighten the mood of the world with his humor: a brain. This is why I don't actually speak to idiots.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 08:50 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

That's not a eulogy for the team, it's the bitter blogging (got I hate that word) of a sore Flames fan.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 08:49 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

What happened to Franson? He will for sure be up next year. I dont see Sulzer being one of our d men

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 09:06 AM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
While Jeremy's attempt to fling poo back at Lambert wasn't bad.. i actually think Patten's toast to the season was even more hilarious. (303 site)

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 12:54 PM
JacklegJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
by posting his link for us to all click on you are only giving this clown more money.
Not really, no. Maybe giving Yahoo more money, but I doubt this guy has a monetary compensation provision based upon how many people read his blog through the Yahoo website.

Anyway, it wasn't funny at all, and definitely crossed the line of "innocently poking fun at" to just trying to flat out bash the Preds any way that he could, but with that said it's certainly nothing to get worked up about. Frankly, I'm upset Yahoo's standards sunk so low to post this; I'd expect to read it on Joe Somebody's pointless drivel-filled blog, but not Yahoo. Oh well.

JacklegJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackleg Jack View Post
Frankly, I'm upset Yahoo's standards sunk so low to post this; I'd expect to read it on Joe Somebody's pointless drivel-filled blog, but not Yahoo. Oh well.
Yeah I don't know how much 'Puck Daddy' has to do with this guy but if he has any control over it, I'm surprised this is on here. Puck Daddy usually has a somewhat entertaining column on there but this is something I am in fact surprised Yahoo even approved. No matter what the subject is, it's written with the skill of a 15 year old in a classroom.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote