HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

04-26-10 Chicago @ Nashville Game Six (Chicago leads 3-2)

Old
04-26-2010, 10:47 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500

Gotta go to work, will post reflections later.

Good job by the crowd at least

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 10:53 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Great Game! Great Season Preds! Just one question? 2 minutes left, offensive end face-off....WE NEED TO WIN IT! Why, dear god why, is Arnott taking the draw? 43% in the game, awful all season. Put Smithson out there to win it, and hope some of the other offensive guys score.
I know that is not the only reason for the loss, but I wonder sometimes. He lost both in the last 2 minutes

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 10:54 PM
OpenWheel

We don't have a great faceoff man. I don't believe even Smithson was up to his usual numbers. I don't think Goc or Legwand are any better than Arnott. Arnott has been our steadiest. I believe Wilson will soon be our best, but Trotz doesn't have any faith him yet and he has a lot to learn of the best guys faceoffs tricks.

Edit: In the playoffs, Smithson was 62 percent. 48 tries for Smithson. Maybe it would have been best even with the offense reduction. 55% in the regular season for Smithson to Arnie's 49.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 04-26-2010 at 10:59 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:04 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Great Game! Great Season Preds! Just one question? 2 minutes left, offensive end face-off....WE NEED TO WIN IT! Why, dear god why, is Arnott taking the draw? 43% in the game, awful all season. Put Smithson out there to win it, and hope some of the other offensive guys score.
I know that is not the only reason for the loss, but I wonder sometimes. He lost both in the last 2 minutes
At that point in the game, Arnott was 50% for the game ... Smithson had a good percentage tonight, but, closer look shows a lot of those wins against guys like Sharp and Kopecky. For the series, the Hawks owned the dot .. game 5 we had just one guy over 50% who took 3 or more draws .....

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:19 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

It just never looks like Arnott is ever really "bearing down". Last minutes, you could be eliminated.....you should be leaning hard and giving everything you have! Once again, I know that was not the whole game, and he did finally score. Just questioned it

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Jarnberg

The Predators did this to themselves. Hawks weren't really anything special this series, but whatever. We simply don't know how to win.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:47 AM
AEM6729

Well I'm disappointed, a little angry...but not surprised. For some reason I felt like we would lose this game before it even started. What sucks is that even though Chicago is obviously more talented, they were very beatable. They didn't like getting hit and their goalie is weak...but we just didn't test them enough on those fronts. We proved in Games 1 and 3 that when we played physical, stifling hockey the Hawks couldn't handle it...but for some reason we just couldn't put that kind of game together consistently.

For a team that's supposed to be known for its defensive prowess, our repeated defensive breakdowns tonight were shocking. I'd really like for someone with more hockey knowledge than me to break down what the eff happened on some of those goals, b/c all I know is that our guys were running around like chickens with their heads cut off and Hawks inexplicably found themselves all alone in front of Pekka regularly.

Sucks to see Pekka have such a shaky game tonight. I love him and there's no question that he's a big part of the reason why we were in the playoffs at all. Someone said they thought he was crying after the game. Poor guy.

For the most part we lost this series..and this game..on special teams. Sure, we finally broke through on the PP tonight, but we also gave up a PP goal and failed to score on ridiculous amounts of PP time in the 3rd period. I thought after the 2nd period, where the Hawks had so many chances to put the game away and didn't, we'd be able to make them pay for that. But we didn't. Blah.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 03:13 AM
Drake744
#HeyHeyPekkaRinne

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Sucks to see Pekka have such a shaky game tonight. I love him and there's no question that he's a big part of the reason why we were in the playoffs at all. Someone said they thought he was crying after the game. Poor guy.
Did anyone see this? I noticed him sulking out of control when the buzzer sounded. Seriously it was weird, he looked like a hunchback. The team crowded around him in a way I had never seen when they skated out to meet him, and seemed to give him extra long encouragement. He also kept his mask on during the handshake and put his fingers through his mask in the direction of his eyes also. He probably felt terrible about the game and knew that although he had never been there before, he was heavily relied on, and let's face it he didn't play that well tonight and he probably felt he let himself, his teammates, and the fans down.

Also, a stat I noticed that surprised me a little: Joel Ward was our leading forward in the playoffs in time on ice per game, and was quite a bit higher than the second most. He averaged 19:56, while Legwand was 19:16.

Last edited by Drake744: 04-27-2010 at 03:19 AM.
Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 04:48 AM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I'm very disappointed. I knew, I just KNEW in my heart we would win this game. One stupid bounce. It's so typical Nashville. Things just go wrong. A late season injury, one bonehead pass, one incredible lucky bounce. It's just not fair.

But someday, someday we will have our turn. And when we do, lookout world.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a sell-out. I didn't know what to expect but the crowd was fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianpredsfan97 View Post
Nice to hear Hossa getting his just dessert on the TSN feed.
What did they say? Also, since you were watching on TSN, how did the crowd sound and did they say anything about the crowd, like loudness or the standing ovations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkmanX View Post
Why is the fish even thrown out there i have no clue, care to explain?
It started when we played Detroit in 2004. They have the octopus and the catfish was kind of a Southern way to "counteract" the octopus. We have lots of catfish down here. Anyway, it seemed to bring some luck and it kind of became a tradition for someone to throw one out. Usually it's against Detroit or in a big game when we really need some help. Usually they get thrown out right before opening faceoff, but sometimes they are just thrown whenever someone feels like we need a boost. I remember one game a few years ago there were 4 thrown out, one in each faceoff circle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
That was pitiful. Absolutely pitiful. Our penalty kill comes through with a huge string of kills in the second to give the team some momentum, and when we get three power plays in a row, and I mean one right after the other in very quick succession, we give the puck away, we telegraph what we're doing, we make everything easy for Chicago. That kind of performance with the game on the line, no, with the season on the line, is just pitiful.
It's been like that all season. Everything on the PP is telegraphed. Pass it around and get it to Weber. No one else wants to attempt a shot. We lose the faceoff, or don't win the battles along the board and it's cleared. Even when it was even strength it was too easy to enter the zone, we backed off the blue line and allowed them to build speed through the neutral zone all the way to the top of the faceoff circle or hash marks.

Quote:
.... What sucks is that even though Chicago is obviously more talented, they were very beatable. They didn't like getting hit and their goalie is weak...but we just didn't test them enough on those fronts. We proved in Games 1 and 3 that when we played physical, stifling hockey the Hawks couldn't handle it...but for some reason we just couldn't put that kind of game together consistently.

I agree about the Hawks. It was more of what we did to ourselves than what they did. I know the Hawks are a really good team, but in all 6 games we were in them and if not for a few mistakes, bad bounces/luck we could be celebrating.

Poor Pekka, he did all he could. I noticed that everyone was gathering around Pekka at then end, more so than just the standard postgame hugs after a series loss. On that note, I just caught the end of the replay of the game on FSN (I think it's on again at 11am) and tried to see the guys as they gathered around Pekka. When the game was over it's like FSN turned into CSN Chicago. All they showed was Chicago celebrating at their goal and their coach. Not once did they put the camera on the Preds. Even in the handshake line they only showed the Preds from the back. I want to see MY team, not the stupid hawks.

Only 4 1/2 months until training camp!

Last edited by sparkle twin: 04-27-2010 at 04:53 AM.
sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 08:27 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Anyone want to remark about only half the team saluting the fans after the game? I noticed Pekka, Sullivan, Smithson, and I think Legwand. I think there were about 11 players... but that was it. The whole thing was awkward cause they kept looking back toward to locker room to see if the rest of the guys were going to come out...

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 09:52 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Anyone want to remark about only half the team saluting the fans after the game? I noticed Pekka, Sullivan, Smithson, and I think Legwand. I think there were about 11 players... but that was it. The whole thing was awkward cause they kept looking back toward to locker room to see if the rest of the guys were going to come out...
The others thought Horachek had the ice reserved for his Fan Behavior Seminar.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 10:55 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
I thought that was pretty weaksauce, personally. Did anyone notice if Arnott was out there? I had a towel over my head during the handshakes, and when I looked up there were only a handful of guys on the ice...I'm certain Arnott wasn't the last one off (as he should've been), and I'm pretty sure he wasn't out there at all, but not positive.

I mean, we sold the building out, brought our A game as fans...I know the team was upset about losing, but can't they show us a little love?! We're upset too!

Old
04-27-2010, 11:59 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
Quote:
I mean, we sold the building out, brought our A game as fans...I know the team was upset about losing, but can't they show us a little love?! We're upset too!
no, Arnott was too busy crying and blowing his nose on a million dollar bill to come out and wave to the fans.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:22 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Its good to see most Chicago fans have remained classy. By the way, Rinne never let up four goals on 12 shots or whatever it was. Niemi played terribly for most of the series.

I can't wait for the cocky group of BH fans are shut the hell up.

Fun season. Can't wait until September

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Its good to see most Chicago fans have remained classy. By the way, Rinne never let up four goals on 12 shots or whatever it was. Niemi played terribly for most of the series.

I can't wait for the cocky group of BH fans are shut the hell up.

Fun season. Can't wait until September
Did you notice which players stayed to salute the fans?

Old
04-27-2010, 12:40 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Arnott went to the lockerroom, not to return.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Arnott went to the lockerroom, not to return.
what a ****ing *********

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 03:06 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
no, Arnott was too busy crying and blowing his nose on a million dollar bill to come out and wave to the fans.
I doubt he cared enough to even come close to shedding a tear. He was probably busy patting himself on the back for scoring, and scheduling a manicure for this afternoon. ******.

Old
04-27-2010, 04:27 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I didn't. I wasn't able to go to the game due to early shifts at work.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 05:49 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

i think it is a pretty devestaing thing to have your season end. i am sure waving their sticks to the crowd was not number one priority. suter was the first to the lockerrom, even before arnott. are you gonna bag on him and throw him under the bus? of course not, because he isn't the basg buddy of the week

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 05:58 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

I wonder how many players had interviews to report to.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
i think it is a pretty devestaing thing to have your season end. i am sure waving their sticks to the crowd was not number one priority. suter was the first to the lockerrom, even before arnott. are you gonna bag on him and throw him under the bus? of course not, because he isn't the basg buddy of the week

Oh yes I will. That is inexcusable. If Steve "broken back" Sullivan can give some love to the fans so can Arnott and so can Suter. No excuses.

Old
04-27-2010, 06:53 PM
PredAlert

Well, I'll just say I wasn't surprised at all you named Peks among the guys who stayed to wave to the fans. This guy seems the nicest guy you'll find in NHL. Even when he ***** it up sometimes, I just cannot be mad at him

PredAlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I can't believe people are crying about some of the players not saluting the crowd. They had just gotten their hearts broken. What is there to celebrate? This was probably the most devastating series loss in our history. They were upset. I completely understand if some of them forgot.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote