HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

ESPN: Torts sends message to Sather

Old
04-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Crease

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
yeah grachev shouldnt take 2 more years at all. last year wasnt a great year by any stretch but that hartford team was flatout awful.

i would have thought this would be the year he stepped into a top 9 spot but after last year, he needs to have a great camp and earn a spot.
I think Grachev will be in the NHL within two years, definitely, but I don't see him being able to reliably contribute in the top-six within that time span.

This team is severely lacking top-six talent (I don't consider Callahan, Avery, Drury, or Anisimov top-six talent right now) and guys who can be there (Kreider, Stepan, and Grachev) won't be there for a while. That's all.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 08:03 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
I think Grachev will be in the NHL within two years, definitely, but I don't see him being able to reliably contribute in the top-six within that time span.

This team is severely lacking top-six talent (I don't consider Callahan, Avery, Drury, or Anisimov top-six talent right now) and guys who can be there (Kreider, Stepan, and Grachev) won't be there for a while. That's all.
agree with all of your points.

thats why i said top 9 not 6.

and ive long said this team has drafted the same kinda 2 way forwards for years.

the more recent picks show more offensive skill but are not ready yet.

we need skill. soon.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote