HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak beat Caps, Refs, League | 4-1

Old
04-27-2010, 07:31 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I think its more like 9-0-1.
I think it's more like over 9000

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by teflonsteve View Post
they chose the sens because of ratings, and low and behold the sens beat the habs in ratings. so it looks like CBC made the right decision
LMAO... you do realize you don't need cable to watch CBC...

Put the Habs on CBC and the Sens on TSN, and you'll get the Habs with higher ratings. Also, did you add-up both TSN and RDS? Considering how the series went so far, I bet the Habs would've got better ratings than the Sens if they could both have been on CBC.

Besides the 5-1 blowout (although the Habs did play a good game in the 1st and 3rd period), all games have been heffin close and the perfect example of a thrilling playoff game.

You're out for a walk if you don't think the Habs would've got as good ratings on CBC than the Sens did on CBC, if not better.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 07:55 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflonsteve View Post
they chose the sens because of ratings, and low and behold the sens beat the habs in ratings. so it looks like CBC made the right decision
I remember reading that the Habs series was murdering the Sens series in ratings.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I remember reading that the Habs series was murdering the Sens series in ratings.
He probably compared CBC and TSN ratings (as they are the two channels in question), without realizing that any Canadian team on CBC will get better ratings than TSN, especially with the Habs, who garner more ratings sometimes on RDS alone over CBC (for other Canadian teams on the same night).

Habs total ratings (RDS + TSN + VS) beat CBC's ratings of the Sens.

Question is, Sens vs Pens on CBC, or Habs vs Caps on CBC? I bet the latter would've garnered more ratings.

Because TSN is irrelevant here as CBC games have higher ratings on any given playoff night than TSN does (usually)

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 09:33 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Agreed, i remember face palming when it happened, but i'm not sure that means he didn't get hit from behind. Have to watch the play over...
He sort of does a twist and jump. Been a while since I saw a dive executed quite so cheesy. All that was missing was a blood capsule

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Viggo Mortensen
Gandalf the Grey

Just a little return on last game's 3 diving calls against Habs

JCLajoie said something interesting for once,

This year, there was 35 penalties given for diving, in 32 of them, the other guy was penalized too, that leaves 3 penalties where only the diver got the 2mins, 3 penalties in 1000+ games played

And we got 3 in a single game....

I mean, I dont like conspiracy theories on HF, but, that stat gives the theory some fuel

Viggo Mortensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 10:04 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggo Mortensen View Post
Just a little return on last game's 3 diving calls against Habs

JCLajoie said something interesting for once,

This year, there was 35 penalties given for diving, in 32 of them, the other guy was penalized too, that leaves 3 penalties where only the diver got the 2mins, 3 penalties in 1000+ games played

And we got 3 in a single game....

I mean, I dont like conspiracy theories on HF, but, that stat gives the theory some fuel
I'l give the refs the benefit of the doubt on Lappy's 1st. Even if he did get hurt, past experience would convince the refs to be strict.

2nd didn't Gionta get tripped?

3rd Lappy fell down, got right back up, typical play.

Read between the lines, but If the Raptors get 3 travelling calls in a game against the Knicks, you know who to blame.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
He probably compared CBC and TSN ratings (as they are the two channels in question), without realizing that any Canadian team on CBC will get better ratings than TSN, especially with the Habs, who garner more ratings sometimes on RDS alone over CBC (for other Canadian teams on the same night).

Habs total ratings (RDS + TSN + VS) beat CBC's ratings of the Sens.

Question is, Sens vs Pens on CBC, or Habs vs Caps on CBC? I bet the latter would've garnered more ratings.

Because TSN is irrelevant here as CBC games have higher ratings on any given playoff night than TSN does (usually)
CBC probably felt the Habs vs Caps series was going to get beat out in terms of longevity by the Sens vs Pens.
It's the only logic I can see behind their choice.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote