HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak beat Caps, Refs, League | 4-1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2010, 07:31 PM
  #326
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,940
vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I think its more like 9-0-1.
I think it's more like over 9000

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 07:40 PM
  #327
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by teflonsteve View Post
they chose the sens because of ratings, and low and behold the sens beat the habs in ratings. so it looks like CBC made the right decision
LMAO... you do realize you don't need cable to watch CBC...

Put the Habs on CBC and the Sens on TSN, and you'll get the Habs with higher ratings. Also, did you add-up both TSN and RDS? Considering how the series went so far, I bet the Habs would've got better ratings than the Sens if they could both have been on CBC.

Besides the 5-1 blowout (although the Habs did play a good game in the 1st and 3rd period), all games have been heffin close and the perfect example of a thrilling playoff game.

You're out for a walk if you don't think the Habs would've got as good ratings on CBC than the Sens did on CBC, if not better.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 07:55 PM
  #328
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by teflonsteve View Post
they chose the sens because of ratings, and low and behold the sens beat the habs in ratings. so it looks like CBC made the right decision
I remember reading that the Habs series was murdering the Sens series in ratings.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 08:03 PM
  #329
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I remember reading that the Habs series was murdering the Sens series in ratings.
He probably compared CBC and TSN ratings (as they are the two channels in question), without realizing that any Canadian team on CBC will get better ratings than TSN, especially with the Habs, who garner more ratings sometimes on RDS alone over CBC (for other Canadian teams on the same night).

Habs total ratings (RDS + TSN + VS) beat CBC's ratings of the Sens.

Question is, Sens vs Pens on CBC, or Habs vs Caps on CBC? I bet the latter would've garnered more ratings.

Because TSN is irrelevant here as CBC games have higher ratings on any given playoff night than TSN does (usually)

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 09:33 PM
  #330
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Agreed, i remember face palming when it happened, but i'm not sure that means he didn't get hit from behind. Have to watch the play over...
He sort of does a twist and jump. Been a while since I saw a dive executed quite so cheesy. All that was missing was a blood capsule

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 09:58 PM
  #331
Viggo Mortensen
Gandalf the Grey
 
Viggo Mortensen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Gondor
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Just a little return on last game's 3 diving calls against Habs

JCLajoie said something interesting for once,

This year, there was 35 penalties given for diving, in 32 of them, the other guy was penalized too, that leaves 3 penalties where only the diver got the 2mins, 3 penalties in 1000+ games played

And we got 3 in a single game....

I mean, I dont like conspiracy theories on HF, but, that stat gives the theory some fuel

Viggo Mortensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 10:04 PM
  #332
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,940
vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggo Mortensen View Post
Just a little return on last game's 3 diving calls against Habs

JCLajoie said something interesting for once,

This year, there was 35 penalties given for diving, in 32 of them, the other guy was penalized too, that leaves 3 penalties where only the diver got the 2mins, 3 penalties in 1000+ games played

And we got 3 in a single game....

I mean, I dont like conspiracy theories on HF, but, that stat gives the theory some fuel
I'l give the refs the benefit of the doubt on Lappy's 1st. Even if he did get hurt, past experience would convince the refs to be strict.

2nd didn't Gionta get tripped?

3rd Lappy fell down, got right back up, typical play.

Read between the lines, but If the Raptors get 3 travelling calls in a game against the Knicks, you know who to blame.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 10:06 PM
  #333
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
He probably compared CBC and TSN ratings (as they are the two channels in question), without realizing that any Canadian team on CBC will get better ratings than TSN, especially with the Habs, who garner more ratings sometimes on RDS alone over CBC (for other Canadian teams on the same night).

Habs total ratings (RDS + TSN + VS) beat CBC's ratings of the Sens.

Question is, Sens vs Pens on CBC, or Habs vs Caps on CBC? I bet the latter would've garnered more ratings.

Because TSN is irrelevant here as CBC games have higher ratings on any given playoff night than TSN does (usually)
CBC probably felt the Habs vs Caps series was going to get beat out in terms of longevity by the Sens vs Pens.
It's the only logic I can see behind their choice.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.