HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

What skates are you wearing currently?

Old
04-27-2010, 10:09 PM
SpringfieldSkins

vCash: 500
5'9"
180 Lbs.
CCM U+ 09, had them for about 3 months (skate/play 2-3 times a week)
D League, they call it Novice here.

SpringfieldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Hrad

Height: About 5'11
Weight: 175 Lbs.
Skates: Easton S17
League: Don't want to say..

Hrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 10:25 PM
nullterm

vCash: 800
6ft 170lbs
CCM Vector 4.0
D/E level beer league

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:00 PM
Hockeyfan68

6'4"
245lbs
2002 bauer Vapor 6 skates (own 2 pair, one new bought last summer at a closeout $99 price yipppeee)

"A" level beer league / average beer league player for that A level. I also play in the "not so much" pickup games as a recreational type thing with some guys I know who range from not very good to pretty damned good. We laugh more than anything especially when someone just drops their stick and tackles someone.

I enjoy their company.

Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 04-28-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:28 PM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
5'6"
125 lbs
Bauer XXIV (I think)
Powertex
AA Greater Toronto Hockey League

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
i think they started making more different models when it became graf canada right?
They started making the G series a few years ago. It's basically all the old models (703, 705, etc) but with new material.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat McManus View Post
They started making the G series a few years ago. It's basically all the old models (703, 705, etc) but with new material.
those white ones were made around the time graf canada took over right? once graf canada took over, didnt they start trying to make their skates more like bauer and easton instead of staying with a classic skakte

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Heat McManus

Quote:
those white ones were made around the time graf canada took over right? once graf canada took over, didnt they start trying to make their skates more like bauer and easton instead of staying with a classic skakte
The white ones are part of the G series, but they were black before that. G series is just the carbon versions of the 7 series, to put it in basic terms. They're at least 5 years old.

They've stuck with the traditional skates for the most part in the 7 series. The liner is a bit more modern, but it's more traditional as a whole than anything you'll find from Bauer, Easton, or CCM/Rbk.

I fit a former NCAA Div 1 player for new skates a while ago. He wanted new skates and was coming from old Bauer 2000s (pretty sure that was the model). He asked to try One95s so I fit him for those. They fit well, but they were just way to stiff. Had him try the 705s and he was much happier.

Old
04-28-2010, 01:09 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
The white ones are part of the G series, but they were black before that. G series is just the carbon versions of the 7 series, to put it in basic terms. They're at least 5 years old.

They've stuck with the traditional skates for the most part in the 7 series. The liner is a bit more modern, but it's more traditional as a whole than anything you'll find from Bauer, Easton, or CCM/Rbk.

I fit a former NCAA Div 1 player for new skates a while ago. He wanted new skates and was coming from old Bauer 2000s (pretty sure that was the model). He asked to try One95s so I fit him for those. They fit well, but they were just way to stiff. Had him try the 705s and he was much happier.
when/why did graf switch from the plastic outsoles to the composite

also did that did those 705s you sold the former div 1 player have the cobra holders or did you put tuuks on them?

Old
04-28-2010, 01:12 AM
Heat McManus

Quote:
when/why did graf switch from the plastic outsoles to the composite

also did that did those 705s you sold the former div 1 player have the cobra holders or did you put tuuks on them?
Not sure about the answer to your first question. I'll see what I can find tomorrow when I'm back in the shop.

they had the Cobras. He was fine with them. Come to think of it, he might have been skating in Grafs and just wanted to get something new. The group he skates with has a Wed night time slot. If I see him, I'll ask.

Old
04-28-2010, 01:16 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Not sure about the answer to your first question. I'll see what I can find tomorrow when I'm back in the shop.

they had the Cobras. He was fine with them. Come to think of it, he might have been skating in Grafs and just wanted to get something new. The group he skates with has a Wed night time slot. If I see him, I'll ask.
cool man, thanks

i had a pair of 705s and they had the CP93 side panels and the suede liner with plastic outsoles, comfortable but heavy and i didnt like the cobra pitch leaning forward

im in one95s now and like them alot more on pretty much every level

Old
04-28-2010, 01:39 AM
Heat McManus

Quote:
cool man, thanks

i had a pair of 705s and they had the CP93 side panels and the suede liner with plastic outsoles, comfortable but heavy and i didnt like the cobra pitch leaning forward

im in one95s now and like them alot more on pretty much every level
If I was going to get a new pair right now I'd be trying for a closeout One95. They fit my foot damn well even before baking and I've seen enough of them to know they can take a beating. Tried on the One100s the other day and they felt even better. Lol. No need to spend right now considering I'm on the shelf for a few months.