HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This year's veteran leadership vs. last year's

Old
04-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBP81 View Post
The goalie is always a big part of playoffs winning team. Is pittsburg a bad team because Fleury had to stand on his head in the cup winner. We all know your goalie is going to have to steal some games in the playoffs, its just the way it is. And while I agree he stole the one last night, I can still give credit to the rest of the teams in the other two win in this series.
Ok. everyone saying Halak stole the game, tell me how many PKs we had, and how badly our dmen played in them.

It's not like this was a one goal game. yes Halak was amazing, still he didn't do it ALL by himself.

Did anyone look at the shot spots on NHL gamecenter?

Half of Washington's shots were from the perimeter and for the rest, people don't give enough credit at all the rebounds that were cleared from in front of Halak.

Last night was a team win with an amazing goalie performance.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 02:17 AM
Edgy

For the rebounds to be cleared by the D-men, means the shots were first stopped by Halak.

Just because you do not like him (as clearly evident from the Halak of Fail) does not make it any less true that he was a huge and integral part of why we won. Granted he did not do it all by himself, the 4 goals and D giving him clear vision of shots and clearing rebounds helped immensely. But to say he did not steal the game is severely undercutting his performance.

Edgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 04:29 AM
Prudentius

The veterans we signed during the off-season do have a lot of leadership and we can thank them. When the team takes a day off, these guys still bust their *****.

I'm not saying Plekanec is a floater, but usually when the team calls it off for a night, it's homegrown talent like the Kosts, Plekanec, Lapierre, etc that floats and drags the team down.

Prudentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 04:42 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
T...usually when the team calls it off for a night, it's homegrown talent like the Kosts, Plekanec, Lapierre, etc that floats and drags the team down.
Say what you will about the Kostitsyns but K's we lost are all KO'd. None of Koivu, Kovalev, Komisarek and Kostopoulos are playing right now. I like the new core, anyway we have no choice but to like them they're the core of our team, and we're at game 7 vs. the best squad in the NHL

Go Habs Go!

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 04:54 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Ok. everyone saying Halak stole the game, tell me how many PKs we had, and how badly our dmen played in them.

It's not like this was a one goal game. yes Halak was amazing, still he didn't do it ALL by himself.

Did anyone look at the shot spots on NHL gamecenter?

Half of Washington's shots were from the perimeter and for the rest, people don't give enough credit at all the rebounds that were cleared from in front of Halak.

Last night was a team win with an amazing goalie performance.
If half of the Caps' shots were outside the perimeter, how many of the Habs' - what was it 20, 21 shots - were outside? Two of the Habs' goals were softies - even the TSN panel admitted as much - and were from the perimeter: Cammy's 2nd & Lapierre's. Honestly, I think that game was not the best played in this series by the rest of the the Habs. But Halak was just Roy-like and that's why we won. If he had been anything less than fantastic this team would have folded like a broken card table.

And I did take a look at the gamecenter and frankly, I gotta say you're not exactly the most objective of observers.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 06:41 AM
BulldogFever

I love the posters that put words in other people's mouths - fairweather fans, when they stink we should get rid of everyone, they have trouble making the playoffs so they must suck. When I started this thread did I say that they were the best team in the league? Maybe I missed something but the Caps have won this year what the Sharks have won a few times - a nice trophy that looks good on the mantle. Do they show players skating around with the President's trophy? I said that I don't see last year's leadership coming back from 3-1. And if they go all the way tonight, I am sure that the same gutless b______s that hide in the shadows will say that Washington choked. And yes I AM CANADIEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BulldogFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 08:32 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
The veterans we signed during the off-season do have a lot of leadership and we can thank them. When the team takes a day off, these guys still bust their *****.

I'm not saying Plekanec is a floater, but usually when the team calls it off for a night, it's homegrown talent like the Kosts, Plekanec, Lapierre, etc that floats and drags the team down.
That comment is so unfair to Plekanec that I don't even know where to begin.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 08:45 AM
lxzred

[QUOTE=Hub City Hab;25506103]That comment is so unfair to Plekanec that I don't even know where to begin.[/QUOTE

I've seen Pleckanec carry this team on his shoulders more over the last 4 years that any other single individual.

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I don't know what games you've been watching but I know the 3 games that Halak won they had nothing to do with leadership. Give the previous teams the same goaltending that Halak provided in those three games and you would be singing another song.

The main reason we're tied with the Caps is because we've been getting Dryden/Roy level goal tending. Has very little to do with better leadership.

You realize that in last night's game halak face I think 55 shots. Another 20 something missed the net and another 20 something hit something on the way to the net. That is not stellar leadership. Hell, the Leafs could have won a game or two against the Caps if they had Halak in goal.
My friend, do you even know what leadership is? Leadership is Gill teaching Gorges how to play on the penalty kill, Leadership is Moen showing Lapierre and Pyatt how to forecheck and never quit in the playoffs, Leadership is Gomez talking to Subban on the bench for more time than Subban played on the ice, Leadership is Cammalleri scoring two goals in the first period and take this team on his back, Leadership is Gomez and Gionta going head-to-head with Ovechkin - the most dynamite player in the league - and make him seem like a one trick pony, Leadership is Spacek showing O'Byrne and Gorges how to get their stick just in the right place as Ovechkin tries to use them as a screen.

Do you want me to continue? Leadership has nothing to do with shot counts. The Leadership that I speak of causes every player on the team to keep up their effort level and drive on to succeed. The reason that our young players are doing so well is the teachings of the more experienced players. We kept the Capitals to the outside for the most part and this is where their shots came from. That's Leadership. One mistake and the season is over and leadership shows up in your play and your will to win. It's that fine a line.

You can give Pheonix Halak, they don't win that series against Detroit because Bryzgalov played just as well, had a better season and even had one poor showing just like Halak did. How about Craig Anderson with a 50 save shutout against San Jose?

It's about time people in this fan base start supporting their team ESPECIALLY when they do well instead of finding random sh.t to constantly btich about. We're taking the best team in the league who scored 100 more goals than anyone else to a game 7. They got 50 shots and our goalie played well and we won. Be happy about this team once in a while and just enjoy a win as a win. Support the team as the team. Once a game is over, athletes are taught to enjoy it for the moment and move on. You can do it too. If it costs you so much happiness to give the team credit, the Leafs haven't won a Cup in 43 years, you don't have to up your expectations with them.

Welcome to the big leagues son. Who brings Leadership in your life?

Last edited by Ginu: 04-28-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 09:13 AM
smon

[QUOTE=lxzred;25506243]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hub City Hab View Post
That comment is so unfair to Plekanec that I don't even know where to begin.[/QUOTE

I've seen Pleckanec carry this team on his shoulders more over the last 4 years that any other single individual.
You must have been asleep last year at least.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post

You must have been asleep last year at least.
I don't know what team some fans watch lmao Plekanec was invisible last year

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote