HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We need to discuss something - all referee discussion here

Old
04-28-2010, 03:26 PM
LastRide

vCash: 500
If the Habs play in their own end most of the game. You can be sure they will get some penalties, or give reason for the ref's to call some. Can't be taking stupid penalties either. They can't afford to do that. The Habs have to take care of buisness and play a full game. Apply pressure of their own. Make the Cap's take penalties. If the ref's don't make the obvious calls on the Cap's. It will just make them look bad. You can't sit back and get bombarded and hope to squeak in a goal or two. They got away with it last game, but they probably won't get away with it again.

Last edited by LastRide: 04-28-2010 at 03:32 PM.
LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Maxor

vCash: 50

Maxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
Beaten to a foil hat submission... damn you.

Suggesting Bettman would even consider risking a referee eventually going public with this kind of scoop is ridiculous. I'm reasonably positive that he isn't even indirectly suggesting to refs that he would prefer certain players to have slightly different rules applied to them.

If anything, I think the refs are sometimes guilty of temporarily becoming spectators during stretches (sure, they're pros, but they're also fans like the rest of us) where the likes of Crosby and Ovechkin are doing what they do. I'm sure sometimes they snap to a few seconds later after an exciting moment, realize they just saw them do something that should be called, but don't make the call because they would look stupid having taken so long to make the decision, or might just appear to be reacting to the crowd trying to make the call for them. It's easier to just say that "in their judgement" it didn't deserve to be called.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

I don't believe in conspiracies, just a game that has become too fast to keep up with, even for 2 refs. And when it starts going wrong (meaning awful call(s), probable phone call between periods from supervisor, etc), and the pressure mounts on the refs, they're bound to make even more mistakes as it goes along. Time for a change to the refing system (I liked the idea of an upstair ref personally).

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 03:51 PM
shakenbake7

O'Halloran's non-call on Washington for high-sticking Markov at the end of game 2 cost us the game. I'm royally pissed to see him calling this one. Hell, I'd even prefer Dan "the dive machine" O'Rourke over O'Halloran.

shakenbake7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 04:26 PM
panorama01*

Bettman comes out of the ultra-corrupt NBA. The NBA that fixes things for the Lakers. There's so much proof of that, the 2002 series in particular.

panorama01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake7 View Post
O'Halloran's non-call on Washington for high-sticking Markov at the end of game 2 cost us the game. I'm royally pissed to see him calling this one. Hell, I'd even prefer Dan "the dive machine" O'Rourke over O'Halloran.
High sticking is never a "non-call" it's a "wasn't looking that way, damnit" call.

They really should let the linesman make 2 minute high sticking calls. I believe they are allowed to call majors, but not minors.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Habs

So I guess we can cut this crap out nowl, after tonight, lol.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 08:37 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
So I guess we can cut this crap out nowl, after tonight, lol.
I agree. All this conspiracy talk can be put to rest especially after that HUGE disallowed goal by Oveckin. Or maybe the refs last night were Habs fans

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 08:58 AM
gintonic

The biggest questionable call of the series seems like it would arguably be the no goal call last night. Anyway, that should certainly disspell any Bettman wants the Caps nonsense.

gintonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 09:04 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by gintonic View Post
The biggest questionable call of the series seems like it would arguably be the no goal call last night. Anyway, that should certainly disspell any Bettman wants the Caps nonsense.
...but... but.... O'Byrne's penalty with two minutes left!!

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 09:11 AM
lxzred

That's easy, Bettman reads HFboards and he knows people are getting suspicious, it was also obvious (1 pp goal in how many chances?) Washington couldn't win the cup this year even with the refs help they decided to "Put this conspiracy stuff to rest."

See what I did there do ya?

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 02:59 AM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Beaten to a foil hat submission... damn you.

Suggesting Bettman would even consider risking a referee eventually going public with this kind of scoop is ridiculous. I'm reasonably positive that he isn't even indirectly suggesting to refs that he would prefer certain players to have slightly different rules applied to them.

If anything, I think the refs are sometimes guilty of temporarily becoming spectators during stretches (sure, they're pros, but they're also fans like the rest of us) where the likes of Crosby and Ovechkin are doing what they do. I'm sure sometimes they snap to a few seconds later after an exciting moment, realize they just saw them do something that should be called, but don't make the call because they would look stupid having taken so long to make the decision, or might just appear to be reacting to the crowd trying to make the call for them. It's easier to just say that "in their judgement" it didn't deserve to be called.
I don't know. When you are in a position of such power as Bettmen is, I think the power of suggestion could go a long way. You can hint and talk your way around with out ever criminally involving yourself. I'm not sure but 3 diving calls, I just can't think of any reasoning for this, I can't. It was the worst officiating I ever saw, ususally my moto had always been the penalties and breaks even out, I guess after game 7 disallowed goal, maybe things did work out.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:32 PM
theGhoad

Can't stand this anymore

The referees are so bad or so good for the opposing team it's ridiculous. It's so **** wrong that something must be done. The league needs to be overseen. I'm so tired of this...
Sorry

theGhoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Fire Brunet*

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:36 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

http://www.firebettman.com/graphics/crosby-cup2.jpg

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Emanresu Wen

would habs get a pp if a pen killed a hab player?

Emanresu Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

we are straight up getting hosed tonight. I never blame the refs, but this is stupid. I even thought Ovechkin's goal in game 7 should have counted, so I'm not being a homer. This is just crap. We are getting terribly hosed.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Bob Cole

****ing unbelievable....both habs penalties were good calls but there should of been at least two pitt calls (pk being held and ak getting close lined). what a ****ing joke.

**** this league and **** you bettman

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:44 PM
TomPlex

I don't see how they don't call that on PK. The guy ****ing HELD HIS SKATE as he was falling. WTF?!?!?!

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs13

This is getting stupid... what do the penguins have to do take a penalty?

AK gets elbowed at the blue line... PK gets tripped, no call, results in pittsburgh go ahead goal. This is *********. Numerous trips and late hits... nothing.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiguy10 View Post
****ing unbelievable....both habs penalties were good calls but there should of been at least two pitt calls (pk being held and ak getting close lined). what a ****ing joke.

**** this league and **** you bettman

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:45 PM
BeBen*

Ladies and Gents welcome to the NHL

The National Humor League

You laughing yet?

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Habsfanatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
would habs get a pp if a pen killed a hab player?
Depends on which Habs player was killed by which Pens player.. Sissy, Ugly, Staal, Gonchar I see never getting a penalty so they pretty much have free rain

Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 06:46 PM
BLONG7

Even Cherry is pi$$ed...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote