HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Harrow Blade Patterns (4,5)

Old
04-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Dats13forlife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
"More like" as in "closer to" or "almost/similar" etc...

The #4 is similar to the Recchi but with a tiny bit of toe added. The Datsyuk, which is the closest Reebok variant, is SIMILAR to the Recchi but a larger curve and higher lie... It also starts a bit more towards the heel and has a less open face than the Recchi, but we're starting to split hairs.

Also the Kovalchuk pro is not a toe kink, a Rafalski pro would be more of a "toe kink." Since you like splitting hairs, the Kovalchuk pro is a very small heel with the majority of the curve in the toe.
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/3...lchuk12cw1.jpg

Sorry that this is sideways but this is a toe kink if I ever saw one. And I'm just trying to give people my opinions about the Harrow #4 and how it is described. If you think that I am splitting hairs, ignore me. You may have a different opinion so you can post your own opinion.

Dats13forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 10:39 PM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dats13forlife View Post
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/3...lchuk12cw1.jpg

Sorry that this is sideways but this is a toe kink if I ever saw one. And I'm just trying to give people my opinions about the Harrow #4 and how it is described. If you think that I am splitting hairs, ignore me. You may have a different opinion so you can post your own opinion.
I own over 6 kovalchuk pro blades and that is a straight above picture. Here's one of mine that is much more accurate of the actual curve of the stick. Notice the reflection off the face of the blade, that's because the curve starts at the heel.

Yeah, I might have a little idea of what I'm talking about when it comes to "toe curves":

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 10:52 PM
raygunpk
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

before anybody asks, no he's not selling.

raygunpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 12:21 AM
wearethegreek

And before anybody else asks...yes he does have the best glove collection on the planet.

Sup TBL! (huggy bear from IW)

Do yourself a favor and when TBL posts about hockey gear, don't argue and prepare to learn ALOT. Hell he's the one who taught me about Ovechkin's little stick figures he draws on his grips.

wearethegreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Dats13forlife

I'm not trying to argue here. I'm just saying that for ME, the Datsyuk, Recchi, and Harrow #4 all play very differently. I know all about toe curves too, I would have my parents buy me blades from Russia so I could have the toe curve I wanted. Hockey is my LIFE so I'm sorry if I don't agree with you on everything because I have found different information or have different opinions on gear I have used a lot.

Old
04-18-2010, 01:30 PM
TBLfan

Quote:
I'm not trying to argue here. I'm just saying that for ME, the Datsyuk, Recchi, and Harrow #4 all play very differently. I know all about toe curves too, I would have my parents buy me blades from Russia so I could have the toe curve I wanted. Hockey is my LIFE so I'm sorry if I don't agree with you on everything because I have found different information or have different opinions on gear I have used a lot.
The lies on all those blades are different, as well as the openness of the blade, blade length and blade shape. They all are the CLOSEST in comparison to eachother.

A P92 isn't a Sakic clone but if someone asks what is Bauer's Sakic clone, nearly everyone is going to say a P92(then you will get one idiot that says P106)... because it's the closest available pattern.

You're making it much more complicated than it is. An Easton Sakic is different if you compare it on a ST to an S19, blade thickness screws things up but again, that's splitting hairs.

I'm not saying you're wrong, the patterns are different but read my posts. I'm explaining that they're similar but different, you are just exaggerating the differences. We aren't comparing a Recchi to a Drury, we're comparing a Recchi to an Iginla(The closest match available).

BTW, Recchi => Tavares

Old
04-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Dats13forlife

Quote:
The lies on all those blades are different, as well as the openness of the blade, blade length and blade shape. They all are the CLOSEST in comparison to eachother.

A P92 isn't a Sakic clone but if someone asks what is Bauer's Sakic clone, nearly everyone is going to say a P92(then you will get one idiot that says P106)... because it's the closest available pattern.

You're making it much more complicated than it is. An Easton Sakic is different if you compare it on a ST to an S19, blade thickness screws things up but again, that's splitting hairs.

I'm not saying you're wrong, the patterns are different but read my posts. I'm explaining that they're similar but different, you are just exaggerating the differences. We aren't comparing a Recchi to a Drury, we're comparing a Recchi to an Iginla(The closest match available).

BTW, Recchi => Tavares
I'm just trying to show that they say they are similar in a few ways but if someone wants to know the differences and if they play alike, thats where I explain things. And I did know the Tavares is the new Recchi but thats good that you mentioned that cuz some people don't know that.
A little, ok a lot, off topic here but how can Bauer say the P92 is a toe curve?

Old
04-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Hockeyfan68

Yeah every company has their "compare to" listing and everyone with a brain should know they are not exact from company to company.

This is why companies like Harrow should use a numbering system instead of player names and they do. Makes things easier in my opinion for people who already know how to play and have used several different patterns in their lifetime.

The naming blades thing is for (forgive me) hockey stupids and newbies. Hockey blades are a tool, a part number.

The only item that would make a difference for me with a name on it would be pro-stock sticks made for that actual person.

Names on the retail versions have always bothered me since I had first seen it.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 04:11 PM
TBLfan

Quote:
I'm just trying to show that they say they are similar in a few ways but if someone wants to know the differences and if they play alike, thats where I explain things. And I did know the Tavares is the new Recchi but thats good that you mentioned that cuz some people don't know that.
A little, ok a lot, off topic here but how can Bauer say the P92 is a toe curve?
LOL, I have nooo idea. I guess it's just the closest mainstream pattern they have to a toe curve.

...but look at the lie scale, all different. Warrior measures at the heel, which makes ALL their lies vastly different than other companies. The Recchi/Tavares is listed as a 5(I believe) but it's definitely higher than an Easton 5, closer to 5.25. I think they just like messing with people.

Old
04-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Dats13forlife

Quote:
LOL, I have nooo idea. I guess it's just the closest mainstream pattern they have to a toe curve.

...but look at the lie scale, all different. Warrior measures at the heel, which makes ALL their lies vastly different than other companies. The Recchi/Tavares is listed as a 5(I believe) but it's definitely higher than an Easton 5, closer to 5.25. I think they just like messing with people.
IDK if you have used Harrow blades or sticks but I personally feel like their lies are a little high compared to Easton. The #4 is said to be 5.5 but the blade lies on the ice more like my old Easton Forsberg/Zetterberg lie 5 blade. (And before you say anything, YES the sticks are the same exact length.) Does anyone else have an opinion on Harrow lies?

Old
04-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

They seem pretty true to me...my old #1 5-lie was right on, my #2 6-lie seems right on, and my #4 5.5-lie is a little lower than my #2.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:38 AM
TBLfan

Quote:
IDK if you have used Harrow blades or sticks but I personally feel like their lies are a little high compared to Easton. The #4 is said to be 5.5 but the blade lies on the ice more like my old Easton Forsberg/Zetterberg lie 5 blade. (And before you say anything, YES the sticks are the same exact length.) Does anyone else have an opinion on Harrow lies?
I have and I thought the #4 was almost the same as the recchi, which I call a 5.25 lie. It has a larger rocker than any 5 lie blade so it's rather difficult to say where exactly it falls... but definitely lower than 5.5

Old
04-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Dats13forlife

Has anyone seen or used the Easton Chara curve? I heard that it is going to be a neutral faced, mid-toe, lie 5. AKA pretty much the Harrow #4 but lie 5 instead of 5.5.

Old
04-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Dats13forlife

Quote:
I own over 6 kovalchuk pro blades and that is a straight above picture. Here's one of mine that is much more accurate of the actual curve of the stick. Notice the reflection off the face of the blade, that's because the curve starts at the heel.

Yeah, I might have a little idea of what I'm talking about when it comes to "toe curves":
Have you seen the Semin pro stock? I'm kinda curious as to what his curve looks like. Semin has a cannon.

Old
04-23-2010, 06:56 PM
TBLfan

Quote:
Have you seen the Semin pro stock? I'm kinda curious as to what his curve looks like. Semin has a cannon.
This isn't my picture but this is Semin's pro pattern. It's kind of a bad angle, it looks kinda like a TPS Afinogenov.

Old
04-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Dats13forlife

That looks kinda like the Sakic curve too. A little bigger but still Sakicish.

Old
04-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Dats13forlife

I may actually be switching back to my Warrior Kovalchuk or over to the Harrow #5. My coach switched me to center for next year. Every faceoff I took with the #4 curve I lost and my passes weren't as crisp as I would like. I will need my passing to be perfect as a center next year.
Maybe I just need more practice at center with the #4 curve...

Last edited by Dats13forlife: 04-25-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old
04-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
I may actually be switching back to my Warrior Kovalchuk or over to the Harrow #5. My coach switched me to center for next year. Every faceoff I took with the #4 curve I lost and my passes weren't as crisp as I would like. I will need my passing to be perfect as a center next year.
Maybe I just need more practice at center with the #4 curve...
The Harrow #5 (5 lie) I have has the wrong lie for me but the pattern is good for passing I think. It is NOT open at all on the toe and is equal to the Iginla pattern by some companies.

It should do you well I think.

Old
04-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Dats13forlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
The Harrow #5 (5 lie) I have has the wrong lie for me but the pattern is good for passing I think. It is NOT open at all on the toe and is equal to the Iginla pattern by some companies.

I don't know which curve is bigger. I like the nice smooth curve of the #5 tho...

Old
04-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Could it be the #4 curve is a lot longer? It seems long to me and the Iginla is a very short blade. I'd imagine if you're hitting the ice with the toe of the blade and missing the puck you'd lose draws...just an idea.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Dats13forlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Could it be the #4 curve is a lot longer? It seems long to me and the Iginla is a very short blade. I'd imagine if you're hitting the ice with the toe of the blade and missing the puck you'd lose draws...just an idea.
Good idea. I never thought about that. But my role switched from sniper to playmaker as well so I would like to switch to my playmaker curve. I can still shoot almost as well with the Iggy/#5 as I can with the #4 so I'm not worried about my shot, its my passing I'm worried about.
BTW, I had someone ask me about the #2 curve. I gave them an answer that is true but I also referred them to you since you own the curve.

Old
04-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Dats13forlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post

Would you recommend the Harrow #5 or the Easton Synergy SE16 Iginla blade?

Old
04-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Would you recommend the Harrow #5 or the Easton Synergy SE16 Iginla blade?
I do not know what the Iginla by Easton looks like. I do have an Iginla RBK (IG17) prostock blade that is not the same as the Harrow #5. Close but not exactly the same.

Here is a picture of my Harrow #5 maybe this will help you?

Old
04-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Dats13forlife

I think I may go with the Harrow for now. I break Easton blades really easy and the curves are pretty much the same. I like the pics but I'm a righty so I have to mentally flip the pics. lol

Old
04-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
I think I may go with the Harrow for now. I break Easton blades really easy and the curves are pretty much the same. I like the pics but I'm a righty so I have to mentally flip the pics. lol
If you have the editing software just flippem', I believe the old fashioned microsoft paint will do that. I use photoshop 8.