HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parise Vs Weber...

Old
04-28-2010, 12:51 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Parise Vs Weber...

We got knocked out of the 1st round for the past 3 years now and our major weakness is the lack of top end defensemen. If Lou is able to lock Ilya Kovalchuk, we'd have a log jam at the left wing position and with several bright prospects in the pipeline (Tedenby, Zharkov, Palmieri and Halischuk), trading Zach Parise might be the solution to rebuild our mediocre defense.

The Predators have a ton of PMD's with the big club and a couple of solid prospects as well. Would Preds fans consider swaping Weber and a mid round pick Vs Zach Parise ?!?!?

I come in peace, so be gentile my friends

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Predsrule

mid round pick? really.. why even include that... like it matters in a trade of this size

ID do webs for Parise only bc hes one of the cheep young forwards out there that would be a fit for Nashville as well.. that being said not gonna happen

Predsrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 01:12 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

In a heartbeat.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 01:14 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

We'll give you Hamhuis and Klein plus a second

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I'm as big of a Weber homer as anybody but I'd do it. We draft d-men as well as anybody and need some serious offensive punch. He would fit in with our system and truth be told I think Shea would fit in with Jersey very well. That just means I would have to hide my two Weber jerseys and pray that Parise was worth it haha

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 01:51 PM
PredAlert

Hey, I'm a big Weber fan, but I'd do it in a heartbeat. We really need a high skilled player up front and Zach Parise is certainly one, a good fella as well. Weber would be missed but we got a tone of defensive prospect so I think we'd be ok BUT I dunno if the Devils would really want that trade to happen.

EDIT: Plus, he's already used to the trap system

PredAlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I'd do it, and I have a Weber jersey

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 02:57 PM
RaiderDoug

I'm a huge Weber fan. He is a future Norris winner, and IMHO, the most untouchable Pred.

However, I would do this trade. We have other big time d-men in the pipeline. We don't have anyone that looks like a consistent young big time scorer like Parise.

Of the many thousands of Weber/Suter trade proposals, this one actually makes some sense, both from a need/value prospective.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 02:59 PM
kakemono

I would do it.

I find this is a fair trade for both parties - even though every preds fan is saying yes. Are the Devils fans also saying yes to this?

It is surely a dynamite trade that will be great for both teams. I will cringe for years watching Weber win a few Norris trophies in a Devils uniform - though I could stomach it if we make some cup-runs.

kakemono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Yeah I'll be honest this trade, while a shocker and wouldn't happen, actually makes sense for both teams and the same can not be said for the millions of other stupid hypothetical trade rumors.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 04:00 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
We got knocked out of the 1st round for the past 3 years now and our major weakness is the lack of top end defensemen. If Lou is able to lock Ilya Kovalchuk, we'd have a log jam at the left wing position and with several bright prospects in the pipeline (Tedenby, Zharkov, Palmieri and Halischuk), trading Zach Parise might be the solution to rebuild our mediocre defense.

The Predators have a ton of PMD's with the big club and a couple of solid prospects as well. Would Preds fans consider swaping Weber and a mid round pick Vs Zach Parise ?!?!?

I come in peace, so be gentile my friends

I would be alot happier trading Suter instead of Weber. Not really happy to see either go, but I think Webs has alot more long term potential, he is just starting to peak! The same could be argued for Suter, but I like Weber more.

I know we are heavy on defensemen, but I would still rather have Weber than Parise.

Just pretend we are a brand new franchise with no depth at any position and we are allowed one star player, but it can only be Weber or Parise.

You take the best available player! Weber!

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 04:46 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
I would be alot happier trading Suter instead of Weber. Not really happy to see either go, but I think Webs has alot more long term potential, he is just starting to peak! The same could be argued for Suter, but I like Weber more.

I know we are heavy on defensemen, but I would still rather have Weber than Parise.

Just pretend we are a brand new franchise with no depth at any position and we are allowed one star player, but it can only be Weber or Parise.

You take the best available player! Weber!
Yeah, I'm opposite of you. Long term potential, I think Suter's is higher.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 05:23 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Yeah, I'm opposite of you. Long term potential, I think Suter's is higher.
I wont argue that. It could go either way. Just a matter of preference.

Old
04-28-2010, 05:32 PM
WalkmanX

I love having Weber as much as the next guy, but i would do Webs vs Parise straight up, we just need more offensive power and we got lots of good D prospects coming up

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 05:34 PM
dulzhok

I would pick Weber over Suter, not taking contract into consideration.

I think Weber could score 30g with the right supporting cast in front of him. To get that kind of scoring from a Dman is HUGE. Not to mention he has huge potential in the d-zone too. I don't think him or Suter are elite in the dzone yet. Suter is better in the transition game.

I would probably do Weber for Parise. Mainly because we don't have any prospect of a top-end offesnive player, and that has gotten us nowhere so far. Wilson can be good, but I dont' think he's going to be a force. But not to kid ourselves, trading Weber would create a huge hole for us.

Both Weber and Parise will command 6.5+m next off season as RFA. And they may only want to sign a one-year deal to test the FA market the following year.

Poile needs to get a feel for that NOW. He should start talking to Weber about an extension on July 1. If he feels the above could be a possibility, then yes, he should look at trading options. Can't lose Weber for nothing.

Would still prefer Weber for Malkin, but as long a Pittsburgh is winning cups, I dont' see them trading Malkin. Maybe they will bow out in the 2nd rd this year and consider it. Would also free up some cap space to get a winger for Sid.

But yes, in the long run, I can't see us keeping both Weber and Suter. We can't invest 13-15 million in 2 dmen. We aren't going to do anything in playoffs without someone leading the way offensively.

Last edited by dulzhok: 04-28-2010 at 05:44 PM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 06:33 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I would pick Weber over Suter, not taking contract into consideration.

I think Weber could score 30g with the right supporting cast in front of him. To get that kind of scoring from a Dman is HUGE. Not to mention he has huge potential in the d-zone too. I don't think him or Suter are elite in the dzone yet. Suter is better in the transition game.

I would probably do Weber for Parise. Mainly because we don't have any prospect of a top-end offesnive player, and that has gotten us nowhere so far. Wilson can be good, but I dont' think he's going to be a force. But not to kid ourselves, trading Weber would create a huge hole for us.

Both Weber and Parise will command 6.5+m next off season as RFA. And they may only want to sign a one-year deal to test the FA market the following year.

Poile needs to get a feel for that NOW. He should start talking to Weber about an extension on July 1. If he feels the above could be a possibility, then yes, he should look at trading options. Can't lose Weber for nothing.

Would still prefer Weber for Malkin, but as long a Pittsburgh is winning cups, I dont' see them trading Malkin. Maybe they will bow out in the 2nd rd this year and consider it. Would also free up some cap space to get a winger for Sid.

But yes, in the long run, I can't see us keeping both Weber and Suter. We can't invest 13-15 million in 2 dmen. We aren't going to do anything in playoffs without someone leading the way offensively.

I certainly would love a big power forward on this team just as much as the next guy! Totally agree with you on that one!! Would LOVE it!

I just do not think its worth losing Weber, and if we did, I would want more than Parise. Malkin would do, but not Parise.

But I would absolutely hate the day if we ever let big Shea part ways with us. I would definitely set into depression and become and alcoholic.

He is my favourite player of all time (beat out Gilmour), and I am so stoked he is still so young and can only get better. I believe he is the future of Nashville, and I prey to God that he plays his whole career in Nashville.

Suter for Malkin??????

Old
04-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I disagree Dulzhok. I think we can easily invest 13-15 million in two defenseman. I also think we should. I would trade neither Suter or Weber.

We have other ammunition to acquire a scorer. Unfortunately, Poile is ever reluctant to part with said assets to get a deal done. Lets hope he does the unexpected and brings in a legitimate first line talent this year..... *haha*

04-28-2010, 07:45 PM
lightning_legwand*

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=769943

Looks like Semin is the odd man out with contract talks coming up.

Wonder what they would want from us for him??

Rights to Hamhuis and a 1st round pick be enough???

Old
04-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post

Rights to Hamhuis and a 1st round pick be enough???
For a 40 goal scorer not at all.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 08:45 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
For a 40 goal scorer not at all.
Good point Soundgarden, good point.

The only thing that scares me with Semin is, do you think he gets as many points as he does because he plays with Ovie and backstrom?? He is obviously very talented, but would he get 40 goals in a preds uniform??

Also,

Is this proposal better?

To Caps,
1st round pick, Ryan Ellis and Mike Santorelli

To Preds,
Semin

Old
04-28-2010, 08:57 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I disagree Dulzhok. I think we can easily invest 13-15 million in two defenseman.
Having 1/3 of your budget invested in two players never easy. 18 more players to go.

Pittsburgh gets a way with it, but it's not easy. They surround Malkin and Crosby with 2nd-3rd tier wingers, and average dmen, but Malkin and Crosby are THAT good.

As good as Suter/Weber can be, they haven't carried us, and we haven't had playoff success with this "defense first" approach. I would welcome the chance to trade one of them for a bonafide young offensive force.

The other thing is we could lose Weber and Suter for nothing in 2 years. They might want to test UFA. They might want to play for a team where they have a better shot of winning. Poile needs to get a feel for this now. They are are two biggest assets, and we can't see either of them go for nothing.

Old
04-28-2010, 09:03 PM
dulzhok

RE: Semin.

I wouldn't give up much for him. #1) He's UFA in 1 year. #2) He's Russian, and we don't have a good track record with that. #3) He's very talented, but he's not the type of player that can carry a team IMO. He's probably going to command 6+m on the open market, and I dont' think it's worth it for us.

Hamhuis' rights aren't worth much. Maybe a 5th rd pick if we're lucky.

Old
04-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Dulz, in some ways I agree, in some I don't. Weber and Suter very much kept us in this series. Aside from a bone-headed coaching decision and never-seen mistakes, we win Game 5 and head home for Game 6. I think this series was an anomaly in terms of our past playoff series. In the other series, we were beat, soundly. In this series, we were not, and we were just as outmatched as all the other series talent-wise. The Hawks are probably the second best team in the league, and we probably should have won that series....if not forced game 7. I am not upset with that.

Honestly, we lost this series because of the end of Game 5, and continued abysmal PP (and surprisngly PK). This was, IMO, the best year Trotz has had as a coach. The team was very much different than in years past. The problem with the PP, though, never was solved (surprise, surprise), and it hurt us in a big way.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote