HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Harrow Blade Patterns (4,5)

Old
04-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Dats13forlife

vCash: 500
How long is the blade on the Harrow #5? I don't want to long of a blade since I will be taking faceoffs and digging in the corners. Maybe the Warrior Kovalchuk Dolomite DD blade would be better. I liked my old Dolomite 2 blade very much. Very durable and just a really great blade.

Last edited by Dats13forlife: 04-28-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Dats13forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 01:46 AM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dats13forlife View Post
How long is the blade on the Harrow #5? I don't want to long of a blade since I will be taking faceoffs and digging in the corners. Maybe the Warrior Kovalchuk Dolomite DD blade would be better. I liked my old Dolomite 2 blade very much. Very durable and just a really great blade.
Tape measure says ... 10-1/4" length from toe to heel. The tape measure isn't exactly following the curve and is kind of lifted off of it but not all the way off so it is close in the measurement.

To compare it is a half inch shorter than my Harrow #7 but onlky about a 1/4" shorter than my other spare blades lying around which ar a bauer One90 PM9, several Montreal graphite blades with the Euro pattern and other blades here as well.

So basically pretty close to a normal length but not quite. I would say it differs one 1/4" to a half inch from a 'normal' blade.

I notice it is shorter for sure, a half inch is a lot of difference honestly from my #7. The #7 is a bit longer than most blades though to begin with.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Dats13forlife

Easton makes SE16 tapered woodies. Maybe an Iginla one of those... Or a Christian woody since those blades feel great and lasted me forever...

Old
05-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Dats13forlife

According to my buddy who uses Easton sticks only, the SE16 blade is really good. He says that Easton has fixed the issues with the tapered blades. He still has an SE blade and he slashes and hacks all day. He has a SE16 blade that still looks and feels new after a month or so of heavy use. I may have to give Easton blades another look. Front runners are Harrow #5, Christian #5, and now Easton SE16.

Old
05-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I dunno, I bought an SE16 right when they came out and it started wearing at the heel after a few ice times.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Superstar Treatment

Send a message via AIM to Superstar Treatment
That's too high of a lie though, not the blade.

Superstar Treatment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Was a 5.5 Easton...haven't had any problems with heel wear on a 6 lie Harrow, 5.5 Warrior, or 6 lie Reebok. Or four different 5.5 Bauers.

Edit, I should have said it started chipping and wearing through the blade at the heel and the blade itself started going soft after a month. Usually I get closer to six months out of a blade.

Old
05-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Dats13forlife

That sounds a little odd Jarick. I have never had that with any Easton blades. They usually snap in half. Maybe that was a slight defect in your blade... But the front runner right now isn't the Easton since it is $63 Harrow or Christian #5, same exact curve, is my first choice of blade for next year as a center. I gotta have some durability and the good feel that both blades have and the mid curve is great for everything. I just can't decide which blade I would prefer. I really like both blades...

Old
05-04-2010, 10:31 PM
kiwidevil

Can anyone give me the dimensions etc for an easton Shanahan blade?
(yes i know it's old) Ive just got back into hockey and may need a replacement at some point. But dont think I can find another Shanahan blade.

Also if someone could give me which modern pro blade dimensions the Shanahan is comparable too

kiwidevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 11:04 PM
madmutter
Oilyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post
Can anyone give me the dimensions etc for an easton Shanahan blade?
If you use this curve database it will help you find something similar. http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums...p?act=Patterns

madmutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dats13forlife View Post
That sounds a little odd Jarick. I have never had that with any Easton blades. They usually snap in half. Maybe that was a slight defect in your blade... But the front runner right now isn't the Easton since it is $63 Harrow or Christian #5, same exact curve, is my first choice of blade for next year as a center. I gotta have some durability and the good feel that both blades have and the mid curve is great for everything. I just can't decide which blade I would prefer. I really like both blades...
I really hate seeing overpriced stuff. I bought 3 Easton ST replacement blades last year which I have since sold since I like the Harrow stuff better but they were $38 each which wasn't bad for the Eastons.

I hate seeing the Reebok prices and other companies. Sometimes it is just brutal robbery.

I have a Bauer One90 blade which I bought for $56 which was overpriced and I won;t do it again.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a defect since I've read many, many people have problems with the Eastons like that.

Oh, and I was in a hurry for the Easton blade and paid 75 FREAKING DOLLARS for it (in the US!). Never bought a stick from that hockey shop again.

If you REALLY want a durable blade, track down a Warrior Dolomite (non-HD or DD or whatever). I had one that lasted a year before selling the stick and it was still almost stiff as new. After four months, somebody slashed the blade and a big chunk broke off the top, but it was still incredibly stiff.

Had a buddy use his Warrior blade for over six months...20 games of summer league, 10 games of winter league, and several practices and pickup games, and he plays center and is much harder on them. He's actually been using the Harrow for the last 15-20 games and there's a few chunks and softening up a bit but still very usable.

Old
08-04-2010, 06:50 PM
mbush82

For anyone with a harrow pattern #5, does it lie significantly lower than an easton p3 sakic curve?

mbush82 is offline   Reply With Quote