HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers interested in Cornell goalie Ben Scrivens

Old
04-28-2010, 10:19 PM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I want to sign Bobrovksy and Scrivens. Let them play in the AHL. Send Riopel to the ECHL (sorry Riopel). Dump Boucher ANYWHERE. Let de Serres play as an overager. Say bye to Backlund (sorry Backlund), Teslak, and Duchesne. Most importantly: let Eriksson play over in the SEL.

Our NHL goalies have a number of approaches we can take.
Im not the biggest boosh fan, but thats pretty harsh considering what he's doing for us now. At least trade him to a team that may use him as a starter or 1B goalie.

flyersjamminontheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 10:21 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersjamminontheone View Post
Im not the biggest boosh fan, but thats pretty harsh considering what he's doing for us now. At least trade him to a team that may use him as a starter or 1B goalie.
That was written about a month ago, before Boucher had organized himself, won 3 of 4 to get us in, and won 4 of 5 to send us to round 2.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 10:32 PM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
That was written about a month ago, before Boucher had organized himself, won 3 of 4 to get us in, and won 4 of 5 to send us to round 2.
Alright. Then now you'd keep him?

flyersjamminontheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 10:40 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersjamminontheone View Post
Alright. Then now you'd keep him?
Absolutely not. I could care less if Boucher won a playoff series. If you look at the career body of work, he's a streaky and consistently mediocre goaltender at best. People act as if he's the second coming. Watch that Devils series closely and he really wasn't tested all that much. Thank the defense for making his job extremely easy.

Boucher is not a good goalie by any stretch of the imagination. If the Flyers can replace him in the offseason with a younger, more capable goalie who can be groomed into the starter's role (whether it be Bobrovsky, Schneider, Price, doesn't matter), then I'm all for jettisoning him.

I'm sorry if people don't like it, but look at how terrible he was this year. People still have to remember he was 9-18-3 with a .899 save percentage. No matter how you slice it, those numbers suck. Yeah, you can blame the team during their November/December slump, but when he took over after Leighton got hurt, Boucher gave away games with numerous bad goals that should have been stopped. If he would have won two or three games, the Flyers wouldn't have had to scramble to make in the playoffs.

Nope, I don't want any part of Boucher next year. Cut him after the season is over and don't look back.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 10:47 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
If they sign Leighton to be the starter, I'm going to lose it.

They absolutely need to shed salary, and trading Carle makes a ton of sense. I could also see them putting Hartnell on waivers and seeing if anyone picks him up if a trade can't be worked out.
Personally, I'd rather they keep Carle and move Hartnell. Carle has proved he deserves to be here. I know people still rag on him, but fact is, this is the first time in his career that he's actually been paired with a mentor of sorts. On top of that, he came into camp prepared to play big minutes and he's earned his spot on the team.

As for Hartnell, I know last summer San Jose offered Ryan Clowe straight up for him. If San Jose still wants to put that deal on the table, I'd hope the Flyers would more than consider. There's no way the Flyers could land someone like Setogucchi as well, but Clowe would be a great fit here. He's a scrappy player, plays a tough physical game, but doesn't come with the penchant for taking stupid penalties that Hartnell does. Clowe might not ever be a 30 goal scorer, but he's a consistent 50 point player that would be a good winger with either Richards or Carter.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 12:55 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
I would love to get Clowe here to Philly.
If San Jose wanted to do a Hartnell for Clowe swap I would drive down to Philly so I can take Hartnell to the airport myself.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 01:32 AM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
I would love to get Clowe here to Philly.
If San Jose wanted to do a Hartnell for Clowe swap I would drive down to Philly so I can take Hartnell to the airport myself.
NTC baby.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 07:48 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
NTC baby.
That's true but that doesn't mean it is impossible.

Homer even said at the STH Town Hall, something along the lines of "You don't think I can trade Scott Hartnell? I'd just say 'Scottie, it's not working out.' ". Additionally, if Hartnell's options are playing for a good team like SJ, or being waived and claimed by Edmonton what do you think he will choose?

NTC are an obstacle but FAR from a roadblock.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 08:51 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
NTC baby.
doesnt matter

if a team tell a player he's no longer needed, why would he want to stay here? all a NTC clause does is give the player a choice on where he would go

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 09:05 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
And didn't they once have a kid from Hamilton named Dryden???
Sure, but I think that was quite some time ago and they may not have been playing the same system then.

But, there's always an exception to the rule, isn't there?

Last edited by pelts35.com: 04-29-2010 at 12:08 PM.
pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 11:44 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
On the front of Hartnell and SJ. No way they take him. He wouldn't be able to fit in their style of play.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 12:13 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
On the front of Hartnell and SJ. No way they take him. He wouldn't be able to fit in their style of play.
If they get stomped by the Wings like recent history tells us they will, their system might need revisiting.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 12:18 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
doesnt matter

if a team tell a player he's no longer needed, why would he want to stay here? all a NTC clause does is give the player a choice on where he would go
I was going to point that out. you said it exactly how I would have. A player has a NTC doesnt mean he cant be traded. if you make him feel unwanted he will waive it. See Brian Boyle.
If SJ gets smoked by Detroit(which I wouldnt bet against) SJ is going to go have major personel changes. I would hope Holmgren at least makes the call if the old Clowe/Hartnell rumor was true. but this is Holmgren and we all know how he is with his "loyality" ********

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote