HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Hawks fan (Just wanted to say Kudos)

Old
04-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Hawks fan (Just wanted to say Kudos)

Preds fought us hard and almost took it from us.

Thanks for the nice treatment your fans gave Hawk fans both in arena and at HF ,,, Good luck in future and welcome to Norris Division ,,, You guys have my full respect and admiration.

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Que Sera Sera

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Thank you. Noticed you as a good 'Hawks poster. Good luck later in the playoffs, congratulations on your series victory.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:26 PM
OpenWheel

Thank you and good luck to your team.

I usually can't see rooting for the Hawks, but I did as a kid. And now my sister lives there and is a fan. So I'll be pulling for you. I never mind the central division showing it's strength.

Good luck.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:41 PM
thestryker09

Agreed with this, Nashville fans are good fans, and the players were great sports. Preds were one of the only teams that i worried about facing because they give Hawks such a hard time. Unfortunately, the canucks have neither good fans nor players with sportsmanship, so I will miss that in the next series. Again, great fought games

thestryker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:52 PM
HawksFan37

Great series Nashville. One break here, one break there and this goes the other way, that's how well the Preds played.

HawksFan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Jarnberg

Too bad you weren't in our arena instead of the people wearing your jersey in our arena tonight. Not all of them were like this, but many were a disgrace. They knew nothing about the game (nice save Huet!) and looked like they were fans since 08. Yelling at our fans is nice too.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:00 AM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Too bad you weren't in our arena instead of the people wearing your jersey in our arena tonight. Not all of them were like this, but many were a disgrace. They knew nothing about the game (nice save Huet!) and looked like they were fans since 08. Yelling at our fans is nice too.
Most were fine. The knucklehead quotient was far lower than many visitors- including particularly the Blues, Sabres, Blues, Nucks, Sharks, Blues and Blues- not bad considering these games actually meant alot.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Gambar
Fire Hendry

The Predators provided us with a fantastic series (much tougher than I thought it would be, damn stifling defense of yours). Best of luck in the future, I see nothing but good things!

Gambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:57 AM
OpenWheel

Appreciate the kudos for the team, but I'm sort of getting tired of seeing congrats on the Preds stifling defense when the breakdowns looked pretty sad compared to what we saw most times during the season, lol.

Of course, it is true no fans can come and say "way to go, you guys have a smokin' offense!". So I suppose the dee is the place for the compliments.

Old
04-27-2010, 01:14 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Appreciate the kudos for the team, but I'm sort of getting tired of seeing congrats on the Preds stifling defense when the breakdowns looked pretty sad compared to what we saw most times during the season, lol.

Of course, it is true no fans can come and say "way to go, you guys have a smokin' offense!". So I suppose the dee is the place for the compliments.
It's always interesting to hear other teams' fans talk about your team. I kept hearing about our hardcore defensive game, and I was like WTF?! I don't know if we've just been spoiled because we get to watch it night in and night out, or if fans of other teams are just nuts! Especially in this last game, our D was disgustingly bad. But it's always interesting to get an outsider's perspective.

Although I f-ing hate Kane (like Hawks fans hate Erat) and Hossa (for obvious reasons), I had a hard time this series drudging up the same disdain for the Hawks that I've felt for our previous playoff opponents...maybe because their players are generally clean, and their fans are generally respectful. Can't say I'm happy you guys won, but congrats.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 01:14 AM
Gambar
Fire Hendry

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post

*sigh*...fine, your goaltender is awesome too.

Gambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 01:22 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambar View Post
*sigh*...fine, your goaltender is awesome too.
LOL, ok, all square now.

We do have a good dee and a very good soon to be great goaltender. Thanks.

I was disappointed in the dee in about three games, that's all.

Old
04-27-2010, 02:00 AM
canadianpredsfan97

Gotta say I much appreciate the comments from you Hawks fans. Much better than what I have been going through on Facebook tonight from a couple friends who are Hawks fans. "We knew we'd win all along. Be thankful you were here. We let this series go too long."

Don't worry though, I know there are cocky fans on every team. I live in Vancouver after all.

canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 10:02 AM
66Falconboy

I think, if the Preds ever skip town, my team will be the Blackhawks. I love Chicago in general (in particular, the Cubbies). Even went on my honeymoon there--in January.

66Falconboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Thanks Hawks fans, I have to say Ive read some good things from you guys the whole series. Much more levelheaded than some of the other fanbases.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 11:18 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
You guys have got a good team. Rinne is going to be a stud netminser for a long time. Good luck next year.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Well thanks for the kudos. The Hawks were my team before the Preds came, because my dad is from there and I used to go Chicago a lot and I love it, and I think it's a great sports town, so my level of disdain for the Hawks isn't even comparable with the Sharks or Wings (our only two other previous playoff opponents, facing each twice). In fact I have two Blackhawks jerseys from when I was a kid and even throw it back old school and wear the black one which is way too small for me sometimes. If the Hawks went on to win the Cup it wouldn't bum me out, I just don't think it will happen. I think you guys will get exploited by a team with superior offensive talent which is something we definitely don't have. If I were you I'd be rooting for Phoenix so you could match up with the team closest to us in offensive style if you get past Vancouver. A lot of fans here hate the Canucks so we would probably rather you beat them quite honestly even though you just beat us, and rest assured if you play San Jose we will be going for you then too. Of course it's hard for me to watch the playoffs after we get eliminated every year because I can't stand watching other teams fans getting so excited and loud knowing we're never clutch enough to get there. Oh well.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 04:58 PM
99 steps
to the top

More of the same for me.

The Preds gave a valiant effort, and it could have very easily been the opposite result in the series -- particularly if Hornqvist was healthy. Rinne is the real deal, and you have a bright future -- which is almost now, considering the whole gang (except perhaps Hamhuis and Bouillon) is back next year (assuming of course you re-sign Hornqvist).

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 06:56 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
What's Rinne's status going forward? Do you guys expect him to be another in a long line of talented netminders to go on and start elsewhere because of money issues?

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
What's Rinne's status going forward? Do you guys expect him to be another in a long line of talented netminders to go on and start elsewhere because of money issues?
We signed him to a 2-year contract a couple months ago... it's also not a long line. We lost Vokoun but we traded Mason because he stunk

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 07:14 PM
jlsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Vokoun was the only money issue. Traded him when we had the fire sale. We moved Mason because he just wasn't doing the job for us. He seems to have come around a little, still not at the form he once was. Since then it's been Ellis and Rinne.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2010, 08:47 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

A few posters aside I really enjoyed this series against the Hawks a lot more than the Sharks and Wings. Best of luck the rest of the way.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 12:01 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I think you may have taken my post as sort of a snarky attack at your franchise instead of what it was - praise for your franchises freakish ability to bring in goalie after goalie and have them perform. From Dunham to today, your a club that's never had a goaltending problem. It's definitely a luxury that eventually you'll come to appreciate.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote