HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Preds = North Stars

Old
04-11-2010, 08:40 PM
IngloriusBuzzards

vCash: 500
This is gonna be a looong series. I wouldn't think about saying we are "gonna" win.... If Chicago has any sense, they won't say the same. I'm telling you, your gonna have your hands full - We can be a defensive juggernaut when everyone is on board. Better Buckle up.... Weber is gonna make life miserable for your little man-boys up the middle. Bank this.

IngloriusBuzzards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 09:15 PM
enforcersrule

That will be the key - Chicago has to go into the series knowing they have to fight. If they play like they "know" they are winning the series, we're out.

I'm looking forward to a physical back and forth series... I just hope it stays clean.

enforcersrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngloriusBuzzards View Post
This is gonna be a looong series. I wouldn't think about saying we are "gonna" win.... If Chicago has any sense, they won't say the same. I'm telling you, your gonna have your hands full - We can be a defensive juggernaut when everyone is on board. Better Buckle up.... Weber is gonna make life miserable for your little man-boys up the middle. Bank this.
This guy named Duncan Keith's been making life miserable for people all year.

No, I agree with you. Nashville's going to be a tough opponent and there's probably not going to be a lot of space out there. I hope, and believe, this team will go into this series not taking anything for granted because if they do take that approach they're going to get eliminated. Truthfully, with this team "on" I like them in a seven game series against anyone, but that's it, will they be "on"? Anything can happen, but obviously I like Chicago in this series, but it won't be a gimme.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 11:46 PM
IngloriusBuzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
This guy named Duncan Keith's been making life miserable for people all year.

No, I agree with you. Nashville's going to be a tough opponent and there's probably not going to be a lot of space out there. I hope, and believe, this team will go into this series not taking anything for granted because if they do take that approach they're going to get eliminated. Truthfully, with this team "on" I like them in a seven game series against anyone, but that's it, will they be "on"? Anything can happen, but obviously I like Chicago in this series, but it won't be a gimme.
I respect that.....

IngloriusBuzzards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngloriusBuzzards View Post
I respect that.....
I only really saw the Preds when they played the Hawks and I don't remember....do Weber and Suter play together?

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:29 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
I only really saw the Preds when they played the Hawks and I don't remember....do Weber and Suter play together?
yes. and I look for them to get close to 30 minutes of ice time a night in the playoffs.

The two of them really benefitted from the Olympics. Suter played every other shift in the third period of the Gold medal game and played at least 3 of the last 5 minutes of regulation.

Weber was named to the Oly all-tourney team.

Of course Keith and Seabrook had a great oly experience as well... (along with Toews and Kane)

I really think this series will come down to goaltending and how tightly the officials call it... if the preds have to kill more than 3 penalties a game, we're hosed.

but if Chicagos goaltending wavers and Rinne is stellar, it should be one great series..

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

I respect the Preds, Barry Trotz and their drafting for sure. The team does'nt have much of a budget to work with so they have relied on great drafting and hella smart trades. I would have rather have us play the Avs but I still think we will win this series. About 6 games I would say. In the end the Hawks have two much high end talent and a ton of grit and leadership.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Dutch Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
Pekka Rinne Twitter

Quote:
We're going to scalp the Hawks!

Interesting
Cowboys and Indians...

Dutch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:06 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Dreams View Post
Cowboys and Indians...
again, just in case you missed it, that was a fake...

rinne doesnt twitter, but dan ellis does and he's hilarious.... earlier this year he got his finger bitten trying to feed a deer some lettuce...

Old
04-13-2010, 01:26 AM
Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredAlert View Post
It's nice to come to the opposing team's boards and find respectful posts regarding your teamI could already see myself coming to the Nucks boards and see posts like "those rednecks ain't worth ****" and "preds suck"

You guys have a great team. If you beat us, I wish you well in the future series.

Here's to an exciting series
Thanks man! Good luck to you guys ... next year.

No but seriously, the Preds are the team I didn't want to see round one no matter what and guess what? Here we are. If we can get through these guys, we can get through anyone ... in the West.

Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 04:56 AM
PPQB

Very good set of defensemen in Nashville, one of the best in the league. Can't wait to watch these games. Weber, Suter, Hamhuis. Damn dude, very impressive

PPQB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 05:16 AM
southerncross116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I gotta admit when we play the Preds it feels like a North Stars game

-Close game
-Physical
-I hate them

Gotta say the Preds in recent years are filling the void left by North Stars.

Anyone else agree
Have you ever been in a packed Stadium when they started chanting that Dino (Ciccarelli) inhaled (well another name for it)?

I can't imagine that Nashville is all that exciting no matter how many "energy drinks" or beers one is on -so nothing personal, but...

the North Stars will always be the North Stars (hell I hated them even more than Detroit- because frankly (no offense meant Red Wing lurkers)- the Wings stunk during those years -so what was the point?

southerncross116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 05:25 AM
southerncross116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I am terrified

Preds in playoffs is making me have flashback to 91
You do realize that the 4th seed Hawks upset the division winning Stars a couple of times too, though -and that itself was at the root of the entire Stars-Hawks rivalry -well that and Dino s****ing (with all due respect to Mr Ciccarelli -I also wished he'd have played for the Hawks). But still I mean Willi Plett - Harold SHnepsts ... and all the other green and gold goons...

Man I felt for those guys in Minne getting shafted by good old Norm Greene -they never deserved that... then they go and win the Stanley Cup in Dallas ...

but- yeh I still hated them (come to think of it I still do -and the Wild don't really rate that same level of ... well whatever it was) - maybe if they were in the same division.

Plus to be very painfully honest- Minnesota fans knew their hockey- having lived in Kansas City and been to a Blues game in St Louis -frankly those folks really aren't in the same class ... and I don't think that Nashville or Columbus can be either ...

Detroit? -well look, Detroit has had one great run, and I wouldn't ever write them off - no matter that they didn't win the division. I'd always rather see an Original 6 team win the Stanley Cup.

Old
04-13-2010, 09:16 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross116 View Post
Have you ever been in a packed Stadium when they started chanting that Dino (Ciccarelli) inhaled (well another name for it)?

I can't imagine that Nashville is all that exciting no matter how many "energy drinks" or beers one is on -so nothing personal, but...

the North Stars will always be the North Stars (hell I hated them even more than Detroit- because frankly (no offense meant Red Wing lurkers)- the Wings stunk during those years -so what was the point?
you've obviously not see the footage of our playoff games.... the place rocks...

the national announcers were having trouble being heard over the crowd noise.

but whatever, you are in Australia so i guess you'll just have to take my word for it..

Old
04-13-2010, 11:24 AM
BlackHawkeye*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
you've obviously not see the footage of our playoff games.... the place rocks...

but whatever, you are in Australia so i guess you'll just have to take my word for it..
When was the last time the Hawks and Preds did this.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...snum=0&spell=1

I guess you'll have to take his word for it.

BlackHawkeye* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Bad Karma

I can see the similarity in the comparison, but not really close to what that was.

Makes me wish they would put the Stars back in the Central.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 11:56 AM
crimsonking

This thread has made me realize one thing, just how much I miss the North Stars. Long live the Norris.

crimsonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 05:54 PM
southerncross116

Quote:

I've been to Chicago Stadium more than a few times -I know exactly what "loudness" -so don't flatter yourselves. If you want an idea- go find the anthem at the all star game there on You Tube.

Plus I mean honestly ... there is no way in h e double hockey sticks (to quote Gary Meier) that you'd have any clue about the BlackHawk-North Star Rivalry - so don't even bother pretending.

All I said was that there was no way any team would rate the rivalry that the Hawks had with the North Stars in the 80's (in terms of a rivalry with the Balckhawks --- in other words -Que- Mtl was intense, NYI-NYR and Edm-Cal were right there as well). That rivalry developed over a period of years and about 3 or 4 playoff upsets and playoff matchups in between - if you think one playoff series is going to make a rivalry like that.... frankly -you are wrong.

Old
04-13-2010, 08:49 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

youre exact comment was "I cant imagine that nashville is all that exciting..."

a general statement, not specifically saying anything about compared to a Hawks-Stars series.

so you are correct Ive no idea how we compare to that specific rivalry, but I can tell you the home games in the Preds-Wings serieses were intense, loud, and exciting.

Old
04-13-2010, 10:55 PM
southerncross116

Quote:
youre exact comment was "I cant imagine that nashville is all that exciting..."

a general statement, not specifically saying anything about compared to a Hawks-Stars series.

so you are correct Ive no idea how we compare to that specific rivalry, but I can tell you the home games in the Preds-Wings serieses were intense, loud, and exciting.
Ok, I get it- well that was the context with which I was meaning it (exciting) -in terms of a prior rivalry from a prior period of time, I didn't actually mean any disrespect for Nashville (well here at least -and on the other thread it is just shooting the bull I guess -personally I don't go off in to other teams' folders to trash talk -so -it was all in (stupid) fun), but anyways BWC (the originator of the thread) does have a tendency to go a little over the top with his historical references (and the problem I have is I lived them ---) - I think he was still smarting from a (now not so recent) upset pulled off by the North Stars the one year the Blackhawks under Keenan won the President's Trophy -then lost in the first round (which did blow- but the following year they at least got swept in the finals by Pittsburgh ... -which was progress -as all I'd ever seen them do in the 80's was -at best lose to Edmonton in the semi-finals -apart from the one time they lost to Vancouver in the semi-finals (in all fairness they were not expected to have ever gotten that far --think that was 1981-82 ... ) and before anyone pulls me up on other losses in the playoffs -I am not talking about first round losses as those are pretty painless (or well maybe not - they blow -but were at least mercifully over quickly).

Argh - look what that McDonough has done to me - he has stuck me with post-season Cub-fatalism in a Blackhawks' environment .... :kidding:

And Bio if you are reading this- working on that project for you.

Old
04-28-2010, 08:42 PM
southerncross116

Bumping this one up...and it turns out that it was really the Montreal Canadiens who are this season's North Stars (at least so far as had been defined ... where the lowest seed knocks out the President's Cup winner.

Hey Ovy ...what's "irony" in Russian? Campbell's playing and you're now looking for tee times.

Enjoy your President's Cup ... it is, not to put too fine a point on things... not that big of a deal all things considered. Sort of like getting the coolest toy in the world in a happy meal, but then dying of botulism.

Old
04-29-2010, 12:04 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
So Nashville has a couple more years before they move?

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote