HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak was going to be traded if Gainey did not resign

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-29-2010, 11:48 AM
  #26
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,151
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
What does this has to do with anything ?

One fact : Gainey was going to trade him for scraps, Gauthier didn't.
Halak could have asked for a trade or not, it's the GM's decision to do so. Gainey was blindly in love with Price, unlike some posters, while Gauthier was willing to wait and give Halak an opportunity or at least not interfer with the coach's decisions.

Best thing that happened this season for the team was Gainey leaving...
How is this a FACT? If gainey wanted to trade halak for scraps it would've been done easily.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 11:48 AM
  #27
Sports1131
Registered User
 
Sports1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston/Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
What you're saying makes absolutely zero sense.

So management told Gainey, if you don't resign, we're going to trade Halak? I have no idea in what universe that makes any sense.

Plus you're saying it was going to happen FOR SURE, depending on the return.

What the hell.
I listened to the interview and that's not what was said.

They asked Gainey for a trade if he wasn't going to play more. Gainey said he would try to accommodate his request but wouldn't just give him away. Halak continued to play very well and Gainey told his agent that he respected his work ethic and his performance and that he felt he had done his part and would try to keep up his end of the deal.

Gainey then resigned -- in no way did Halak's agent ever ask him to do that, that's just stupid.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 11:50 AM
  #28
smon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
What you're saying makes absolutely zero sense.

So management told Gainey, if you don't resign, we're going to trade Halak? I have no idea in what universe that makes any sense.

Plus you're saying it was going to happen FOR SURE, depending on the return.

What the hell.
That is not the reason that Gainey stepped down at all. You're not comprehending this correctly at all.

What this means is: David Schatia, who works at Halak's agency, told the radio show that IF Bob Gainey remained as the Habs GM, he would have traded Halak.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 11:51 AM
  #29
smon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
How is this a FACT? If gainey wanted to trade halak for scraps it would've been done easily.
That is true.

Halak's people made the request for more playing time or a trade. Gainey decided that he was going to trade him, but only when he got a suitable return. Halak started playing well and Gainey told them he was still going to trade him. That is what Schatia is essentially saying.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 11:55 AM
  #30
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
Senile Bob ALWAYS disrespected Halak even when it was obvious who needed to be in net for the habs to win.

I respect the man and the player, but as a gm Gainey was a stupid idiot and i am glad he is gone.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 11:58 AM
  #31
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 14,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Senile Bob ALWAYS disrespected Halak even when it was obvious who needed to be in net for the habs to win.

I respect the man and the player, but as a gm Gainey was a stupid idiot and i am glad he is gone.
I have mixed feelings

One one hand, Bob is the man who brought the veterans that have given us an edge during the Caps-Habs series

But he also screwed up the goalie situation

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 11:59 AM
  #32
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,756
vCash: 500
lol. we won game 7, and the goalie controversy is back into full affect. you think we were already eliminated.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 11:59 AM
  #33
cprice31
Registered User
 
cprice31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: YUL
Country: Italy
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
Gainey > Price > Halak

cprice31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 12:00 PM
  #34
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Wow, you guys are freaks. Say this is true. Before gainey stepped down, Price was the guy, afterwards halak started taking over the job(coincidence). I doubt gainey would've traded him then. It's nice to assume without regarding the change in circumstances isn't it? If halak was still backup, even gauthier would've made the deal.
Wow, what Hypocrisy. Price is the backup and he wasn't traded.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 12:03 PM
  #35
Maverik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisJCloutier View Post
Well last night game just changed a lot of thing. Halak is now ahead of Price and if they do trade one of them this summer, it would have to be Price.

I was a Price fan, I change my mind.

I want Halak to be the #1 next year.
I want the best of both in 2010-2011 to be the #1. I don't care which, as long as he makes the team better.

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 12:03 PM
  #36
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Senile Bob ALWAYS disrespected Halak even when it was obvious who needed to be in net for the habs to win.

I respect the man and the player, but as a gm Gainey was a stupid idiot and i am glad he is gone.
My thoughts too.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 12:05 PM
  #37
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
lol. we won game 7, and the goalie controversy is back into full affect. you think we were already eliminated.
There hasn't been a controversy in awhile, just some people in denial.

Scottyg still thinks it's win and you're in.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 12:05 PM
  #38
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Senile Bob ALWAYS disrespected Halak even when it was obvious who needed to be in net for the habs to win.

I respect the man and the player, but as a gm Gainey was a stupid idiot and i am glad he is gone.
Well this stupid idiot built the team that got past the best team in the NHL. All the core guys on the team i.e. Cammy, Gio, Gomez, Gill, Gorges, Pyatt etc.. as well as the Martin and the goalie coach were all acquired by this "stupid idiot."

I'm going to disreguard your comment and presume that you're projecting on to Gainey because you're jealous and he's proved you wrong after you've continually bashed one of the most respected and decorated men in hockey. That is all.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 12:07 PM
  #39
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,151
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Wow, what Hypocrisy. Price is the backup and he wasn't traded.
How do you figure that's Hypocrisy? When halak was the backup, he wasn't traded either, what's your point? Halak requested a trade, and still Gainey didn't trade him. I think you fail to consider that Halak asked to be shopped and even after that point, he was still kept. Gainey does favor price, but I don't see how this applies in this case whatsoever. Gainey didn't trade either, neither did gauthier.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 12:07 PM
  #40
ILuvLucic*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Location Location
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,923
vCash: 500
I would too if I was him.

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 12:07 PM
  #41
Claimed Off Waivers
Registered User
 
Claimed Off Waivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprice31 View Post
Gainey > Price > Halak
Bob Gainey is a better goalie than Carey Price?

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 12:08 PM
  #42
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
How do you figure that's Hypocrisy? When halak was the backup, he wasn't traded either, what's your point? Halak requested a trade, and still Gainey didn't trade him. I think you fail to consider that Halak asked to be shopped and even after that point, he was still kept. Gainey does favor price, but I don't see how this applies in this case whatsoever. Gainey didn't trade either, neither did gauthier.
Halaks priority was to play, not get traded. I think I misunderstood the point of your post.

Sry

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 12:10 PM
  #43
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
My thoughts too.
you do realize this "stupid idiot" basically got all the players, drafted halak, and everything your doing right now is partially because of this "stoopid idiot". this "stupid idiot's" team is also in the 2nd round of the PO.


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-29-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Removed 2nd quoted post and response. (IL talk)
uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 12:11 PM
  #44
Etienne
Registered User
 
Etienne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
The whole trading Halak thing looks pretty bad right now but at the time the only ones who were upset were the Price haters because he did not fare any better than Price in October and November. In fact, Price was outplaying him at that point. Halak started to shine in December and it wasn't after Christmas that he really took the #1 job. The only thing Halak had going for him at the time was that the players in front of him usually didn't **** the bed like they did when Price was playing.

It's always easier to judge months later.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.