HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton - Montreal

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2010, 12:14 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 50
Montreal actually has to ADD onto that?

Penner who was playing decent until the Oilers started to suck and then went back to being lazy and useless is not worth Carey Price +.

Old
04-29-2010, 12:19 PM
ponokanocker

vCash: 500
You can keep Price. We don't want him.

Old
04-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
If Edmonton wanted to trade Penner straight up for AK that is a trade I wouldn't do but it is one that actually makes sense but Penner for Price, no.
Lol, good joke man.

How about Price for EDM's first overall, Hemsky, Gagner and Eberle? Still no?

Old
04-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah15 View Post
Lol, good joke man.

How about Price for EDM's first overall, Hemsky, Gagner and Eberle? Still no?
I think Penner and AK are indeed closer in value than Price and Penner. In Price's favor.

Old
04-29-2010, 01:02 PM
deanmoriarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskyoil View Post
Am I the only one who things Price will be a Top 10 goalie in the league in a few years?
I agree with you. He's just taking a while to adjust to the NHL but his resume speaks for itself. I would be so pumped if the Oilers could deal for him. But I don't think they would have to give up players like Penner or Hemsky to get him, Price has been less than good in pressure situations and the writing is on the wall for him to be traded. plus, Edmonton needs size up front just as badly as Montreal.

Old
04-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
I think Penner and AK are indeed closer in value than Price and Penner. In Price's favor.
I'm not talking about Price there, I'm talking about Penner vs. AK. If Tambellini traded Penner right now for Andrei Kostitsyn, I would never watch a game of Oilers hockey again. That would be beyond brutal. I love how the guy says he wouldn't trade that smurf for Penner though, hilarious.

Old
04-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
I'm not talking about Price there, I'm talking about Penner vs. AK. If Tambellini traded Penner right now for Andrei Kostitsyn, I would never watch a game of Oilers hockey again. That would be beyond brutal. I love how the guy says he wouldn't trade that smurf for Penner though, hilarious.
Well, then I do think you underrate AK and overrate Penner. They are not that far apart in terms of value, in my honest opinion.

Old
04-29-2010, 01:30 PM
deanmoriarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Well, then I do think you underrate AK and overrate Penner. They are not that far apart in terms of value, in my honest opinion.
Penner smashed AK's career highs on by far the worst team in the league this year. let me know when Andrei grows 4 inches and reaches 30 goals, 60 points, and finishes in the league's top-20 for goals. dominant power forwards like penner are way harder to find than players like the kostitsyn's.

Old
04-29-2010, 02:07 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmoriarty View Post
Penner smashed AK's career highs on by far the worst team in the league this year. let me know when Andrei grows 4 inches and reaches 30 goals, 60 points, and finishes in the league's top-20 for goals. dominant power forwards like penner are way harder to find than players like the kostitsyn's.
Penner is also older than A.K and has a higher cap-hit... Regardless they aren't too far off.

Old
04-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Penner is also older than A.K and has a higher cap-hit... Regardless they aren't too far off.
2 years older and a million dollar difference, what a deal breaker. Screw overall play, stats and size though, why would someone use those points when considering a players' value?

Regardless, they are pretty far off.

Old
04-29-2010, 02:26 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
2 years older and a million dollar difference, what a deal breaker. Screw overall play, stats and size though, why would someone use those points when considering a players' value?

Well if i were to use stats then AK has out-pointed Penner in 2 of the last 3 years. This season he played less games due to injury. And yes you have to take into account the million dollar cap-hit difference and age.

Not saying that AK is better than Penner but when you factor in the stats, age and salary their value is not that far off.

Old
04-29-2010, 02:30 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
To Montreal:

Penner

To Edmonton:

Price
3rd rounder

Montreal add size up front, Edmonton gets a much needed goalie. Im not sure what Khabibulin's injury situation is like, but if Price works out they can buy him out.
For the 10000000 time, Price's value isn't effected because of Halak's play, it doesn't work that way.

If(really doubt it) Price get's traded it will be for young players with huge potential (JVR,Pietrangelo,Berglund,etc) we have no need for lazy overpaid players.

Old
04-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Well if i were to use stats then AK has out-pointed Penner in 2 of the last 3 years. This season he played less games due to injury. And yes you have to take into account the million dollar cap-hit difference and age.

Not saying that AK is better than Penner but when you factor in the stats, age and salary their value is not that far off.
I just don't see how a 6'4", 245lb power forward who scored 30+ goals and somehow managed to stay a plus on easily the worst team in the NHL is being compared to a player like Andrei Kostitsyn. Playing with Hemsky, Penner was in the top 10 in the NHL in points, but was then left to play with garbage when Hemsky went down. Right now, there is absolutely zero reason to even think about trading Penner for Kostitsyn + a lot more. The fact that you're trying to close the gap between their values by stressing the age and cap hit of the players only displays how you're clutching at straws to prove the values are close.

Old
04-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
For the 10000000 time, Price's value isn't effected because of Halak's play, it doesn't work that way.

If(really doubt it) Price get's traded it will be for young players with huge potential (JVR,Pietrangelo,Berglund,etc) we have no need for lazy overpaid players.
You're right, but the thought of getting players like Van Riemsdyk and Pietrangelo for Price is laughable.

Old
04-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Penner did out produce Andrei, but if the puck is on Andrei's stick people will be more afraid than if it was on Penner's. Andrei Kostitsyn is more "deadly" offensively despite having produced less.

Also, Andrei Kostitsyn is more physical than Penner is and Montréal needs physicality. 30 more points, in 23 games and it being a career year for Penner... You can see why people are hesitant to trade Price, or even Andrei Kostitsyn for Penner. You can keep him. Montréal has no interest in him. I'd rather make a deal for someone like Clowe, who, you know, actually hits.

Old
04-29-2010, 02:47 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:

Old
04-29-2010, 02:50 PM
scottyG

Quote:
You're right, but the thought of getting players like Van Riemsdyk and Pietrangelo for Price is laughable.
Why exactly?

Their all top 5 picks and have all showed huge potential.

That's the only "type" of players I would trade Price for. No need to trade him for low picks/overpaid wingers on career years,etc.

Anyways I really doubt he get's traded.

Old
04-29-2010, 02:52 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Why exactly?

Their all top 5 picks and have all showed huge potential.

That's the only "type" of players I would trade Price for. No need to trade him for low picks/overpaid wingers on career years,etc.

Anyways I really doubt he get's traded.
He is the most likely to get traded. How many times do people have to tell you? Halak is better. And don't bring up "Oh, look at what he did at 22, OMG." Because that doesn't matter now. He has regressed each year, and the team is better in front of Halak because they are more confident in his ability then Price.

Old
04-29-2010, 02:57 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaborikEqualsGod1995 View Post
He is the most likely to get traded. How many times do people have to tell you? Halak is better. And don't bring up "Oh, look at what he did at 22, OMG." Because that doesn't matter now. He has regressed each year, and the team is better in front of Halak because they are more confident in his ability then Price.
Peanut gallary comment. How many canadien games have you watched this year? 3-4?

Price stats have stated pretty much the same his whole career and don't forget goaltending isn't only about stats. Price has improved big time since his rookie year

Old
04-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Yeah15
2nd Tier Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Penner did out produce Andrei, but if the puck is on Andrei's stick people will be more afraid than if it was on Penner's. Andrei Kostitsyn is more "deadly" offensively despite having produced less.
Would they? I doubt that, Penner was a force with the puck this year, but you keep telling yourself that Kostitsyn is better offensively than Penner if it makes you feel good.
Quote:
30 more points, in 23 games and it being a career year for Penner...
How is 30 extra points in 23 extra games not something to take into account?
Quote:
You can see why people are hesitant to trade Price, or even Andrei Kostitsyn for Penner.
I can understand hesitation in trading Price for Penner, but hesitation in trading Kostitstyn for Penner is laughable.
Quote:
You can keep him.
Gladly.
Quote:
Montréal has no interest in him.
Haha, yup, I really believe that. Top ten ways to ruin credibility in your post...
Quote:
I'd rather make a deal for someone like Clowe, who, you know, actually hits.
Do that, you could probably get Clowe for a seventh round pick, at least that's how your value system works right? No matter how much better the other teams player is, the Hab always has more value. Right?

Penner may not hit as much as your ferocious Habs, but that's not how he uses his size advantage. Watch a game or two of Penner and you'll understand what I'm talking about. And I also understand that because Kostitsyn scored a hatty in a playoff game (a game they lost in any case), his value is currently at Lemieux/Gretzky like levels, but you need to realize that two months ago every Habs fan on this board were trying to get rid of the Kostitsyn's for picks.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:00 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Peanut gallary comment. How many canadien games have you watched this year? 3-4?

Price stats have stated pretty much the same his whole career and don't forget goaltending isn't only about stats. Price has improved big time since his rookie year
NO HE HASN'T! He has not improved, and I watch plenty of Canadiens games, do you? Did you watch the last 3 games. Halak was unbeatable, he looked like Ken ****ing Dryden on Monday. Do you get that? Price is not that good, just because he was drafted 5th overall, doesn't mean he's worth more than God. Wwuld you trade him for Crosby, or would Pittsburgh have to add Malkin and Letang?

Old
04-29-2010, 03:06 PM
voxel

Penner, after the year he's had, is being underrated. I love on the PK how he'd take the puck to the offensive zone and have 3 opposition players TRY to take the puck away from him. Him and Brule + Gagner have nice chemistry too.

Oilers have no reason to trade him. Might as well as call us the Smurfs then.

You can have Moreau for free.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:08 PM
RStar*

Quote:

Nope. Sorry. His value is a late first/second and a prospect, and not a prospect in the realm of JVR, Berglund, Eberle, etc.

Keep crying and shouting all you want, but it won't change the value of a good young goalie who hasn't panned out. I don't know if you know this or not, but you don't get to set the price of a trade.
Neither do I obviously, so I'm going by history, and the value for a kid like Price in the past is exactly what me and almost every other poster on here who doesn't reside in Montreal have said it was.

You're going to be very upset the day hes traded. Either that or you'll make a thread hyping up Omark and whoever you draft with the second saying they're untouchable and how you fleeced Edmonton in the deal.

Grow up please.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
If there was no salary cap i would definitely consider the Penner deal.
So would I and I'm a huge Price fan. The only reasons I'd consider the deal is because 1- Price would be traded in the western conference and 2- Penner brings something the Habs don't have and need.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:14 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmoriarty View Post
I agree with you. He's just taking a while to adjust to the NHL but his resume speaks for itself. I would be so pumped if the Oilers could deal for him. But I don't think they would have to give up players like Penner or Hemsky to get him, Price has been less than good in pressure situations and the writing is on the wall for him to be traded. plus, Edmonton needs size up front just as badly as Montreal.
Justin Pogges resume spoke for itself as well, and hes sure setting the world on fire right now.

I could name plenty of Canadian goalies over the past 10 years with a similar resume to Prices who haven't panned out all that well. The ones that did were full time starters by their 2nd or 3rd year in the L.

I think Price will be good, but everyone pointing at his past need to smarten up a bit. It means pretty much nothing.

Closed Thread