HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton - Montreal

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2010, 03:14 PM
scottyG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaborikEqualsGod1995 View Post
NO HE HASN'T! He has not improved, and I watch plenty of Canadiens games, do you? Did you watch the last 3 games. Halak was unbeatable, he looked like Ken ****ing Dryden on Monday. Do you get that? Price is not that good, just because he was drafted 5th overall, doesn't mean he's worth more than God. Wwuld you trade him for Crosby, or would Pittsburgh have to add Malkin and Letang?

Price has gotten stronger,faster, mentally stronger,etc. He HAS improved.
Eventually stats will come. His stats aren't even that bad to begin wth

Old
04-29-2010, 03:17 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post

IT"S NOT THE STATS. His play has regressed. Why do you love Price so much? Are you Price? Are you his mom, dad, brother, sister, aunt? He was not good this season, and he is going to be traded. Get over it. And when you get your 3rd and good 25 goal scorer, you'll hype him up as the next Crosby, even though he'll probably be in his late 20s.

Old
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
Nope. Sorry. His value is a late first/second and a prospect, and not a prospect in the realm of JVR, Berglund, Eberle, etc.

Keep crying and shouting all you want, but it won't change the value of a good young goalie who hasn't panned out. I don't know if you know this or not, but you don't get to set the price of a trade.
Neither do I obviously, so I'm going by history, and the value for a kid like Price in the past is exactly what me and almost every other poster on here who doesn't reside in Montreal have said it was.

You're going to be very upset the day hes traded. Either that or you'll make a thread hyping up Omark and whoever you draft with the second saying they're untouchable and how you fleeced Edmonton in the deal.

Grow up please.
Late 1st/2nd?

JVR: 17 goals 40 points/ 1 goal in 5 playoff games Hasn't done much

Eberle: Junior player again hasn't done anything in the NHL

Berglund: Good rookie season and struggled year two.

Keep believing he's worth a late first

Old
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:

I do agree with that, especially since the firing of Roland Melanson.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:19 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Late 1st/2nd?

LOL, you are the ONLY person on here who believe's this crap. How many people have to tell you until you get it? Are you a troll, who talks like Price is worth Rick Nash, Jake Voracek and a 1st to get people banned for insulting you. Because you certainly seem like it.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:20 PM
scottyG

Quote:
IT"S NOT THE STATS. His play has regressed. Why do you love Price so much? Are you Price? Are you his mom, dad, brother, sister, aunt? He was not good this season, and he is going to be traded. Get over it. And when you get your 3rd and good 25 goal scorer, you'll hype him up as the next Crosby, even though he'll probably be in his late 20s.
How has his play regressed?

Ask any fan who watches the Canadiens more then twice a year they'll all tell you Price is a lot better then in his rookie year.

He's a lot faster, plays the puck better, Doesn't let thing bother him like in year 1, etc. Keep believing he's regressed.

Did Price steal your girl or something? Everytime someone says something about him you jump on them

Old
04-29-2010, 03:20 PM
scottyG

Quote:
LOL, you are the ONLY person on here who believe's this crap. How many people have to tell you until you get it? Are you a troll, who talks like Price is worth Rick Nash, Jake Voracek and a 1st to get people banned for insulting you. Because you certainly seem like it.
So now JVR= Nash, Vorachek + 1st?

Dude atleast be a smart troll

Old
04-29-2010, 03:21 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
How has his play regressed?

Ask any fan who watches the Canadiens mire then twice a year they'll all tell you Price is a lot better then in his rookie year.

He's a lot faster, plays the puck better, Doesn't let thing bother him like in year 1, etc. Keep believing he's regressed.

Did Price steal your girl or something? Everytime someone says something about him you jump on them
ME? Everytime there's a deal for Price on here, you jump in and say he's worth JVR.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:22 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Late 1st/2nd?

I will, and so will everyone who isn't a rabid Habs homer.

It's pathetic the way you jump into threads involving Price and try to skyrocket his value. Almost as pathetic as when you and others tried to say his value was equal to Rasks.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:22 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
So now JVR= Nash, Vorachek + 1st?

Dude atleast be a smart troll
Where did James come from? I was talking about you, thinking Price is worth that. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:25 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Where did James come from? I was talking about you, thinking Price is worth that. Stop putting words in my mouth.
I said if Price is traded he would get JVR,Berglund,etc in return. Then you come in and say I think Price's value is Nash + Vorachek + 1st.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:26 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
I said if Price is traded he would get JVR,Berglund,etc in return. Then you come in and say I think Price's value is Nash + Vorachek + 1st.
He's not worth any of those players. You are seriously the only person who thinks that. Hell, let's throw in a 1st just to make it even from Philly.(Hypothetical, I know they have no 1st).

Old
04-29-2010, 03:27 PM
scottyG

Quote:
I will, and so will everyone who isn't a rabid Habs homer.

It's pathetic the way you jump into threads involving Price and try to skyrocket his value. Almost as pathetic as when you and others tried to say his value was equal to Rasks.
Price's value is about Rask's/Mason's. Real GM's don't look at the "what have you done lately". They look at potential, where this player fits on my team,etc. If a GM thinks Price will be better then Rask he will pay more for Price.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:29 PM
scottyG

Quote:
He's not worth any of those players. You are seriously the only person who thinks that. Hell, let's throw in a 1st just to make it even from Philly.(Hypothetical, I know they have no 1st).
Price's value is about that.

Pietrangelo
JVR
Berglund
High pick
etc

Keep believing our GM will trade him for other teams scraps just to make then better

Old
04-29-2010, 03:30 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Price's value is about Rask's/Mason's. Real GM's don't look at the "what have you done lately". They look at potential, where this player fits on my team,etc. If a GM thinks Price will be better then Rask he will pay more for Price.
What have you done lately? Your talking about 2 years ago. If you are not the starter for 2 years, I don't look at a player as starter. By your logic Jonathan Cheechoo is worth a alot because he scored 56 goals 4 years ago. Sure he had 1 in 61 games, but that's just the "what have you done for me lately" mentality.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:33 PM
mytor4*

[QUOTE=Frozenice;25534487]
If Edmonton wanted to trade Penner straight up for AK that is a trade I wouldn't do but it is one that actually makes sense but Penner for Price, no.

QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah15 View Post
Lol, good joke man.

How about Price for EDM's first overall, Hemsky, Gagner and Eberle? Still no?

You think A.K for Penner is a joke but on the other hand you think Penner will get you Price and a 2nd rd pick.
Ya who's the jokester know.
You want Price you also take Hammer and give us back Penner and Cogs. Take it or leave it.
Price probably isn''t moving anyways unless someone offers us a deal we can't refuse. Penner is not near that deal.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:34 PM
RStar*

Quote:
You're right, if Rask was on the market right now, teams would be offering the exact same return they would offer for Price..........

I hope you understand no one takes you seriously, especially after that post.

Do you ever stop and think "Hey, maybe its me?" or do you just keep sitting there thinking everyone else is wrong and you're the only one who knows Prices value.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:35 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Price's value is about that.

Pietrangelo
JVR
Berglund
High pick
etc

Keep believing our GM will trade him for other teams scraps just to make then better
This deal is fair. 30/30 guy who's BIG, which is EXACTLY what the Habs need, and a 3rd. Maybe make that the second, but it's a good deal for them. They make their team better, and since they already have the better Halak as the starter they improve right away. And I'll tell you this right now. If he ever does reach his potential, it won't be in Montreal. He has too much pressure on him there, and would be better off in let's say Florida or Tampa, where no one gives a ****.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:35 PM
TheSilencer

Quote:
For the 10000000 time, Price's value isn't effected because of Halak's play, it doesn't work that way.

If(really doubt it) Price get's traded it will be for young players with huge potential (JVR,Pietrangelo,Berglund,etc) we have no need for lazy overpaid players.
You will NEVER get any of those players for Price.
I don't know where you developed this idea that, if one of halak or price gets traded, the other team has to give up blue-chip prospects or impact players.

Halak requested a trade asking for more starts. Habs are on the rope in this siutation, not the 29 other teams in the league.

Why must the other teams overpay when they know that you guys are FORCED to trade one of your goalies?

Old
04-29-2010, 03:36 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah15 View Post
You're right, but the thought of getting players like Van Riemsdyk and Pietrangelo for Price is laughable.
So is the thought of getting Price for Penner.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Akonite

Quote:
You're right, if Rask was on the market right now, teams would be offering the exact same return they would offer for Price..........

I hope you understand no one takes you seriously, especially after that post.

Do you ever stop and think "Hey, maybe its me?" or do you just keep sitting there thinking everyone else is wrong and you're the only one who knows Prices value.
This debate's been done to death guys. Please stop arguing with scottyG. The guy has said he'd take Price over Brodeur, there's no swaying him.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:37 PM
scottyG

Quote:
What have you done lately? Your talking about 2 years ago. If you are not the starter for 2 years, I don't look at a player as starter. By your logic Jonathan Cheechoo is worth a alot because he scored 56 goals 4 years ago. Sure he had 1 in 61 games, but that's just the "what have you done for me lately" mentality.
Price was our starter last year genius. Up until his injury he was 16-4-4 .920 2.28. Then when he came back he fell apart like our other 23 players.

This year he was our starter up until December.

Rask is 22
Price is 22

Rask took a slower devlopment path while Price went faster. Nobody knows who will be better in 5 years. Heck Rask can fall apart like Mason and Price can win the vezina next year.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:38 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonite View Post
This debate's been done to death guys. Please stop arguing with scottyG. The guy has said he'd take Price over Brodeur, there's no swaying him.
But...it's fun.

Old
04-29-2010, 03:39 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonite View Post
I said if NJ got Price they wouldn't play Brodeur as much and would start making Price their #1.

And BTW yes if I had the choice between Brodeur and Price I would take Price.

Brodeur= 37
Price=22

You're telling me you would rather take Brodeur on say Edmonton?

Old
04-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Nope. Sorry. His value is a late first/second and a prospect, and not a prospect in the realm of JVR, Berglund, Eberle, etc.

Keep crying and shouting all you want, but it won't change the value of a good young goalie who hasn't panned out. I don't know if you know this or not, but you don't get to set the price of a trade.
Neither do I obviously, so I'm going by history, and the value for a kid like Price in the past is exactly what me and almost every other poster on here who doesn't reside in Montreal have said it was.

You're going to be very upset the day hes traded. Either that or you'll make a thread hyping up Omark and whoever you draft with the second saying they're untouchable and how you fleeced Edmonton in the deal.

Grow up please.
Really? JVR and his whopping 15 goals is the next coming, untouchable, Gretzky, but Price, with stats very similar to Marc Andre Fleury and other goalies who have already had very good careers, is not worth anything of value? That is what you think? You have concluded that the Habs "have" to trade him away for someone else's garbage? Heck, why not claim that Cogliano is better than Price and tell us all how Price and a 1st is needed to get that budding young superstar away from Edmonton... Talk about needing to grow up.

Montreal can simply re-sign Price and keep him as the back-up to Halak and watch him further his development. We actually do NOT have to trade him for garbage. If another team recognizes his potential (and if you listen to guys like Bob McKenzie and Pierre McGuire, two professionals who know a bit about hockey, both have stated that Price is a valuable commodity that 29 other teams in the league would like to have), then a fair trade will be arranged. A fair trade could definitely be something around a player like JVR, Berglund, or someone of that caliber depending upon the needs of the organization, cap space, team strengths and weaknesses, etc... I doubt we get Berglund because St. Louis is happy with their goaltending and are high on Berglund. We might get a guy like JVR depending upon how he plays in the rest of the 2010 Playoffs AND how far the Flyers get. Should Philly lose to Boston, and goaltending is the obvious cause, Philly management may want to invest in a goalie with potential that has already had quite a bit of success in the NHL by his 22nd year of life. Everything depends upon supply, demand, team needs, and, of course, the cap. We won't get Pietrangelo due to what he brings to his team and the fact that they have a goalie. Chicago will wait and see how they do with Niemi in the rest of the 2010 Playoffs and decide if he is the answer before seeing what is available. Should Chicago decide they like what Price brings to the table better than Niemi, they have players who are already in the NHL whom they could move, as well as prospects they have that could land Price.

There are lots of potential trading partners for Montreal. Of course, Montreal does not need to trade Price or Halak, at all. If Price/Halak is traded, it will be for far more than you think, and probably for far less than some Habs' fans hope for. He will not get dumped, though, for a Briere, Cogliano or Penner.

Closed Thread