HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

So, who's next in line to backup Henrik?

Old
04-29-2010, 08:30 AM
GAGLine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
But I would go with Johnson also. In the mean time, the Rangers should be looking for some Goal Tenders, and guys who can play RW during the up and coming draft(s). I see even HF has us dropped again to #12. We were just at #3. The team has more than enough defense men to battle for positions.
Johnson would benefit more playing every game in Hartford. We've still got Stajcer who we drafted last year, and Cameron Talbot who we just signed as a UFA out of the NCAA. Don't know what the future holds for Zaba. If we don't re-sign him, maybe we take a goalie late.

HF dropped us to #12 because Artie and MDZ both graduated and we didn't add anyone since the last ranking. If we add MZA and a top 10 pick, we should move up again.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 08:33 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I don't care about his development. We cannot develop players. Why goalies should eb any different? I can see the benefit of playing in AHL, but I'd rather have a forward for the cap hit. If Lundqvist hurt, just turn the lights off and close the store. No backup would help.
Johnson's cap hit is 850k. Any UFA goalie we sign as a backup will likely make less than that. Vally was only making 725k.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Whoever is willing to sign really cheap. We don't need a good backup, Hank is more than capable of starting 70 games a year. Obviously if the backup proves capable we can give him a little more rest, but really when you look at how he performed down the stretch it's hard to say he looked like he really needed a break.

Oh and for all the talk of Torts overusing him, he's now played in 70 or more games the past four years (and three of those Renney was coach), with his rookie year being the only one he didn't reach 70. And he played more in 07-08 than he did this year.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 10:09 AM
SPG

Auld or Chad Johnson.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
I have always liked Hedberg for some reason I think he'd be a competent back up for Hank plus he is Swedish.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Hank wouldn't have a problem physically to play all 82 games. He's a top athlete in his prime.

Most of the games off are more of a mental rest then anything. If he wanted a physical break he could just skip practice instead of games.

Not saying he should be playing 77 games / year or something, but 70 is fine.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Vitto79

Ellis, Turco, Theodore will get jobs..............Dallas and Washington have backups in the farm I believe. I will peg Ellis to Philly or Atlanta

For backups Hedberg is my #1 choice then Auld. Both buy time for Johnson to develop in Hartford.

Emery will be availabe but who knows if he will even get a job in the NHL

These days guys like Raycroft, Lalime,etc just take 2 yr deals for dirt cheap...........look at Brent Johnson. So regardless of anythign a backup should be cheap. 500-700K

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2010, 05:56 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
Hank wouldn't have a problem physically to play all 82 games. He's a top athlete in his prime.

Most of the games off are more of a mental rest then anything. If he wanted a physical break he could just skip practice instead of games.

Not saying he should be playing 77 games / year or something, but 70 is fine.
He'd be hard pressed to finish 100+ games if you are expecting to make the playoffs.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote