HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany

German-czech league

Old
04-30-2010, 03:54 PM
zorz

vCash: 500
German-czech league

Hi guys. There is some intensive discussion going on in the Czech Republic, especially after the Olympics. Coaches and leaders of the czech hockey are trying to find some way how to keep us competitive against other top countries for the future.

Among other things, czech-slowakian league was discussed some time ago. It was finally rejected. But recently some fans and few other people (2nd coach of the Team CZE Josef Jandac one of them) told that german-czech league would be a good idea. Simply said, Germany is much stronger economically and we could get more money to the czech hockey with your help, which we need most. On the other hand, we still have some quality and many experienced professionals among coaches and other people around hockey, who could help to increase the quality of german hockey, if we would cooperate. I think we could really help each other this way and just wonder what would be opinions of some german fans.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Salzig
I am laudable.

I personally would definitely be in favor of this idea!

But people in Germany had already problems with Salzburg trying to join the DEL...

Salzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2010, 05:03 PM
fuechsken

I have never thought about this. It could work out well, but as Salzig already said, I doubt that German fans would like the idea of a multinational league. I personally think it's not a bad idea, but I think it doesn't have a chance from a realistic point of view.

fuechsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 07:57 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzig View Post
But people in Germany had already problems with Salzburg trying to join the DEL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuechsken View Post
I doubt that German fans would like the idea of a multinational league.
I'm quite suprised about this. Seeing how many foreign players is playing DEL now, I didn't think german fans would mind such combined league so much.

Old
05-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Salzig
I am laudable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
I'm quite suprised about this. Seeing how many foreign players is playing DEL now, I didn't think german fans would mind such combined league so much.
You're on the wrong way. There were so many discussions about this topic but most people don't want that Salzburg calls themselves "German champion". In addition they don't like to travel that far for away games.

As I already said - these are the arguments of the people who don't want an open league. Sadly these people are in the majority...

I'd take a German-Czech hockey league on every day of the week! (I also liked the idea of Salzbug joining the DEL. I'm interested in good hockey and I really don't care about the nationality of the clubs or players.)

Salzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 09:29 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzig View Post
You're on the wrong way. There were so many discussions about this topic but most people don't want that Salzburg calls themselves "German champion".
I see. But I think this one is quite easy to deal with We could easily the best german team call german champion and best czech team czech champion... and give some extra trophy to the general champion - just theoretically.

Old
05-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Rjinswand

One of the main points of criticism in Salzburgs case was this: Why should a foreign club be allowed to compete at this countries top level hockey competition while my club (insert any German non-DEL club here) (most likely) won't ever be able to do the same?
The discussion was overshadowed by the discussions about abolishment of promotion/relegation and about further commercialization in hockey (no qualification due to promotion from the lowest leagues but for primary monetary reasons).

Last edited by Rjinswand: 05-01-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Rjinswand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 07:35 PM
yanokovich

The Solution:A Czech-Austrian-Slovakian-Slovenian League

yanokovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2010, 04:48 AM
PlietscherDassel

Since 50% of the German teams (and many other teams in the European area) have very bad financial problems i think an euro league could be a solution.
The richer teams from each country could play in the above mentioned euro league and the teams that are struggling at the moment or don't have the financial background could play in their respective national leagues at a lower lever with less financial risk.
Not sure if an expansion of the KHL would help.... it probably wouldn't.

PlietscherDassel is offline   Reply With Quote