HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 2

Old
05-01-2010, 12:30 AM
Habs Junkie

vCash: 500
Game 2

Here's my lineup for next game minus Markov

Gomez-Gionta-Kostitsin
Cammy-Pleks-Pouliot
Moen-Moore-Lapierre
Pyatt-Metro-MAB

PK-Hammer
Spacek-O'Byrne
Gill-Gorges

Price

Basically I think a small tweak of the first 2 lines by switching A Kost with Pouliot will give a chance to start both these guys off again. And this also can be a last chance for Andrei to wake up or get demoted, and who better to have as linemates then gomez and gionta to light the fire. I can also really see Pouliot doing very well with Pleks and Cammy. As for the defence, I'm presuming that Markov is out. I pray that Hammer will step it up once again, and I see him doing just that playing along side our secret weapon, PK. This duo should get almost 25 minutes, and I truely believe that we can overcome the loss of Markov with PK taking over. With the return of Spacek, it would be a good idea having him play with a true right defenceman in Obyrne and having Spacek play his natural side. Gill & Gorges stays untouched. As for the goalie Price should get the start. We can't risk having Halak lose two in a row going back to the bell center on Tuesday forced to start Price. Give the kid a rest and go back with him on game 3 unless...
Anyways these are my thoughts on the lineup for next game, I look forward to hear your thoughts too...***

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 12:34 AM
TankEller*

Playing Hamrlik on the right side is asking for lots, LOTS of trouble. The guy just can't play on his backhand.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Playing Hamrlik on the right side is asking for lots, LOTS of trouble. The guy just can't play on his backhand.
Sorry I just wrote it like that. PK is on the right side of that pairing

Old
05-01-2010, 12:41 AM
TankEller*

Definitely makes some sense then. I'm running out of patience with AK, but do we really have a choice?

I just wish Martin will give Markov's minutes to PK if he's hurt for any extended period of time. It would be a great experience for him.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 12:44 AM
andy28

I understand why Martin puts Moen up on the top lines. I understand why he put Pyatt up there for a bit as well. He wants to replace the weak links on each of those top lines (Kosty and Pouliot) with some hardworking forecheckers. Makes sense. I wonder why we haven't tried Moore in this role. He seems to be able to handle forechecking pretty well. And he has speed and a certain minimal skillset to go with it. Not that I think this guy is a top liner or anything, but neither are Moen and Pyatt.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 12:53 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Price starting over Halak

Halak is 3-1 in his last 4 starts .. it's not like he was terrible tonight, he was just meh. Didn't make the big saves when needed. Is he not allowed to lose 1 game after 3 amazing perfomances and put us further than most of you thought? Great message to send our #1. Pathetic.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 01:09 AM
prevail

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

Halak is 3-1 in his last 4 starts .. it's not like he was terrible tonight, he was just meh. Didn't make the big saves when needed. Is he not allowed to lose 1 game after 3 amazing perfomances and put us further than most of you thought? Great message to send our #1. Pathetic.
Um, he was rested in Game 2 in Round 1 to give him a break and he came out refreshed. Why is it so illogical?

prevail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 01:16 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:

that's not accurate. The message is win, and Halak is tired. He needs a rest. Having one day off after one of the greatest 7 game series we've ever witnessed is not enough, that's why Price should start. Everybody keeps saying we have one of the best goaltending duos in the NHL. What good is it if we don't take advantage? Price would be the intelligent choice IMO for next game, and Halak when we come home.

Old
05-01-2010, 01:44 AM
Shabutie

I love this "Halak is tired" theory. How do people think he'll handle being a true number 1 goaltender if he can't go 4 games without getting tired?

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 01:58 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I love this "Halak is tired" theory. How do people think he'll handle being a true number 1 goaltender if he can't go 4 games without getting tired?
Dude there's a difference in going 4 games with 80 shots and 4 games with 180 shots. There's not one goalie in the world that wouldn't need a rest after that washingon series.

Old
05-01-2010, 02:10 AM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab junkie View Post
that's not accurate. The message is win, and Halak is tired. He needs a rest. Having one day off after one of the greatest 7 game series we've ever witnessed is not enough, that's why Price should start. Everybody keeps saying we have one of the best goaltending duos in the NHL. What good is it if we don't take advantage? Price would be the intelligent choice IMO for next game, and Halak when we come home.
I agree. If we lose Sunday, then Halak is well rested for a heroic effort come Tuesday in front of a rabid crowd at the Bell Center. And, you never know, Price might rise to the occassion and pull one out for us on Sunday. I mean, with two good young goalies, this is a luxury we have, so let's use it.

Last edited by Habs_Apostle: 05-01-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 02:33 AM
jean004

Quote:

I was looking at the Pens powerplay goals and how Guerin put his fat ass in front of Halak to screen him, which worked perfectly. Now, this may not be THE solution, but my assumption is that as Price is bigger and taller, he can see the screens better, or has a better ability to push guys out in front of him.

Also Price has done well in the past over the Pens. He gets pumped when playing vs Crosby and tends to put good games together.

If I'm Jacques Martin, I discuss it with Halak, explain to him the situation and tell him he's done great work, were proud of him, and that he should in no way take this personally or against him. This is the playoffs, he's part of the team, and as a team member he should do what is best for the team. Martin then tells him that if this Plan B fails, he wants Halak rested and ready to come back and play his life out. Otherwise, we'll see him later in the series or next.

jean004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 02:39 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Cammy-Gomez-Gio
SK-Pleks-AK
Pouliot-Moore-Laps
Moen-Pyatt

Spacek-PK
Hamrlik-OB
Gill-Gorges
MAB

We need an offensive spark, hopefully the Ks can get it together. We're not beating Pitts with Moen/Pyatt on one of our top 2 lines. Hell, our chances are already slim without Markov. Why not trake the risk? Maybe SK can take some heat off of some of the guys who are obviously fatigued on the PK as well.

Please, be healthy Spacek!

Playmaker09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 03:50 AM
NewHabsEra*

I would replace A.Kost by S.Kost...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
Cammy-Gomez-Gio
SK-Pleks-AK
Pouliot-Moore-Laps
Moen-Pyatt

Spacek-PK
Hamrlik-OB
Gill-Gorges
MAB

We need an offensive spark, hopefully the Ks can get it together. We're not beating Pitts with Moen/Pyatt on one of our top 2 lines. Hell, our chances are already slim without Markov. Why not trake the risk? Maybe SK can take some heat off of some of the guys who are obviously fatigued on the PK as well.

Please, be healthy Spacek!
I like this very much. Martin tried Plek with AK and SK this season but very shortly and he was not satisfied. But to be able to play Cammy with Gomez-Gionta, who were impressive when reunited for a few seconds last night, he needs to try SK with his brother once again. It's the only way that line could be productive without Cammalleri.

I also want to see Spacek with Subban.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 08:34 AM
go_habs_go

Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Plekanec - Moore
Kostitsyn - Lapierre - Kostitsyn
Moen - Metropolit - Pyatt

O'Byrne - Subban
Spacek - Hamrlik
Gill - Gorges

go_habs_go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 09:02 AM
12jf54

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Plekanec - Moore
Kostitsyn - Lapierre - Kostitsyn
Moen - Metropolit - Pyatt

O'Byrne - Subban
Spacek - Hamrlik
Gill - Gorges
This...I don't want MAB near this line-up....Yeah he gives you a goal every 3-4 games, but he gives the opposition about 2 a game....

12jf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab junkie View Post
Dude there's a difference in going 4 games with 80 shots and 4 games with 180 shots. There's not one goalie in the world that wouldn't need a rest after that washingon series.
I assume that you know this as fact?

If Halak was really tired, do you not think he would've told Jacques?

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I would replace A.Kost by S.Kost...
I'd definitely give that a shot. A well rested Sergei might just be the spark that we need.

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:

No kidding

Price has lost his last 9 (or so) playoff starts

11 if you count the ones he took over mid-way.

He is not even CLOSE to the clutch, puck-tracking, hard-fighting, mentally-resilient, reflex-man that is Halak!

(I am not a Price basher, btw... its just the obvious truth that he is the inferior goaltender at this point in time)

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I assume that you know this as fact?

If Halak was really tired, do you not think he would've told Jacques?
I assume you think he would actually tell the coach that? Come on man! It's the coach who must notice these things

Old
05-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Souvenirs

According to Habs Inside out, Spacek is definitely out for game 2.

WTF is wrong with him?

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote