HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

AK46 scratched?

Old
05-01-2010, 12:58 PM
JackZap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutbreakCH View Post
Put pools on the first line
agreed, we can replace one 35 goal scorer by another one

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
agreed, we can replace one 35 goal scorer by another one
you mean, we can replace one POTENTIAL 35 goal by another POTENTIAL one....Neither have reached that, and Pouliot is FAR from achieving it.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 01:05 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Seuls Carey Price, Mathieu Darche, Ben Maxwell, Tom Pyatt, Spacek ainsi qu'Andrei et Sergei Kostitsyn étaient présents à l'entraînement optionnel samedi matin.
RDS is saying that it was an optional skate.

One Trick Pony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 01:23 PM
koma787

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
My lines - need a spark.

Cammy-Gomez-Gionta
SK74-Pleks-AK46
Pouliot-Moore-Laps
Moen-Pyatt-Metro

What do we have to lose?
Even though it's still not time to panic, because we are only down 1-0 in a series against the Pittsburgh Penguins, I almost totally agree with this lineup.. Except it might be a better idea to put Moen on the 3rd line and Lapierre on 4th..

koma787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 01:27 PM
TornACL

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post

Quote:
Seuls Carey Price, Mathieu Darche, Ben Maxwell, Tom Pyatt, Spacek ainsi qu'Andrei et Sergei Kostitsyn étaient présents à l'entraînement optionnel samedi matin.

RDS is saying that it was an optional skate.
So, when S. Kostitsyn didn't attend an optionnal practice recently, many perceived it as "he didn't care" etc. Now that his brother A. Kostitsyn is working in such a practice today, where are the "hard-training guy trying to bounce back" comments ?

TornACL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
If I were the Habs I'd use the two brothers against each other. Maybe that will drum up some sort of competition if they're taking each others spot.
That's the only thing that's left to try...They wont even be motivated simply because they're playing for the stanley cup. What more does it take for them to realize they have to give it all each night...specially Andrei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Ever notice how imbalanced he looks when the puck is near his feat ... he can't receive a pass unless it hits his blade perfectly
+ 10000

I'm so frustrated because of that, I scream at my screen each time...like WTF.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 02:01 PM
OneCupTwoFour

I don't know how, but Kosts and Pouls really need to step up and show us something. Their compete level seems to be just so low. I'm sure the coaches and leaders amongst the players see this and are actioning on this, but to no avail.

I mean wake the frak up lol. Its do or die out there!

1st game against the Pens Gionta gains the zone but Pouls goes offside. After the whistle was blown (regardless if it was his fault or not) Gionta said something along the lines of "make more of an effort...reading his lips that's what I thought he said.

Anyway, hope they prepare well and make adjustments and tie this up on Sunday.

On a hunch, they should bring in SK (must be hungry) and scratch AK (he was scratched during the season once too and when he came back although he did not tear it up the effort and compete level was much higher).

And Markov. Heal fast. LOL.

OneCupTwoFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 02:08 PM
HCH

Our players have shown ZERO development under Martin. He does not teach and motivate, he simply punishes. Any offensive flair that AK was beginning to develop has completely disappeared with tentative play and total confusion.

I honestly don't think he will ever develop under Martin... then again, I could say that about almost everyone.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 02:17 PM
onice

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornACL View Post
So, when S. Kostitsyn didn't attend an optionnal practice recently, many perceived it as "he didn't care" etc. Now that his brother A. Kostitsyn is working in such a practice today, where are the "hard-training guy trying to bounce back" comments ?
I bet you're one of those guys that expect people & life to be fair. Take a look around yourself, you're on the Habs board. Don't expect too much from us.

Steppen Wolf was born to be wild
James dean born to die young
Elvis born to rock

And

Hab fans born to ***** and moan about any player they don't like. (I must admit I've done it).

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Ever notice how imbalanced he looks when the puck is near his feat ... he can't receive a pass unless it hits his blade perfectly
Yes, and it drives me crazy. Sergei has a problem with receiving passes too.

The problem is that the habs are so small up front, that they cant afford to send a message to ak, unless you put pouliot up there. Pools is lacking confidence, but at least he works hard. This is what happens with a lack of depth... tough decision for the coach.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 02:37 PM
TornACL

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I bet you're one of those guys that expect people & life to be fair. Take a look around yourself, you're on the Habs board. Don't expect too much from us.

Steppen Wolf was born to be wild
James dean born to die young
Elvis born to rock

And

Hab fans born to ***** and moan about any player they don't like. (I must admit I've done it).
I get your point, and as far as I know A.Kostitsyn is more often than not a waste of a decent frame with a great shot that gives no effort at all.

However, the fact that he is skating today could mean two things :
1) he will be scratched
2) "me like play hockey shoot puck"

I am not defending Andrei Kostitsyn, and this is not about "being fair". It is just that, as most fans (I hope), I would rather see Kostitsyn showing a litte interest in turning it around and in winning this series than being scratched.

TornACL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 02:46 PM
NewHabsEra*

I would sit him and play Sergei at his place with Pleks and Cammy for game #2.. If it doesnt wake him up for game #3, he doesnt deserve to play in the NHL anymore.. can go back play in Bielorussia or in the laughable KHL with his brother, I dont care..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornACL View Post
Well since we have no idea if him being there wasn't an "order" by the management, well we'll have to take a guess on this. But the least that a guy can do, when things don't go his way, is to indeed act as a professionnal and use whatever time he has to regain some confidence and work on things. So from a professionnal, it would come with the job that AKost use that time appropriately.

But when a guy who doesn't work well, doesn't play, do not dare showing up at a practice that every guy in the same boat as him do show up, it does show a "I don't care" attitude.

Unfortunately, this is an instance where you can't win too much but can lose a lot.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 02:56 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'm not a fan anymore. But face it.....as bad as he looks, nobody we have would POTENTIALLY be able to make a difference like he did. He did score 3 goals against Washington 1 game....He might do it again before he goes back to sleep again. What if it would be the next game?

I'd have AKost on the Gomez and Gionta line. And have both guys handle him.

TPleks with Cammy and Moen. Moore-Lappy-Pools. And the 4th line....
That might work hopefully Gionta's drive might wake up A Kost and having Moen with Pleks and Cammy could open up space.

googlymoogly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Every time I'm thinking about the totally dominating AK46 I'm just so frustrated...

Chfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I think its more of a punishment than scratching.

Would anyone be shocked if AK and SK were "dealt" out of Montreal this summer?

Hey, maybe Gauthier could put together a package that includes Trevor Timmons - and the Habs could get - a real head scout - in return!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 03:31 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kool Aid View Post
Would anyone be shocked if AK and SK were "dealt" out of Montreal this summer?

Hey, maybe Gauthier could put together a package that includes Trevor Timmons - and the Habs could get - a real head scout - in return!

It's a deal for Parise, of course we didn't want to draft him since he's small.

googlymoogly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

JM should ask Gomez to be his new roomate and to go psycho on him whenever he's not giving a ****.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
as discussed in the AK thread, as much as he succccks, there's no one who could potentially do what he can.
Maybe no one can do what he can do if/when he puts his mind to it, but there are a hell of a lot of guys who can do more than what he actually does! With the exception of one game, he's been a no-show and a total liability out there!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 07:53 PM
GordonGraham

Probably just JM trying to wake him up for the 10th time, a couple more years and he will get the message

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

they should scratch him.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
I've been one of the fans that has been very patient with the two K's. But we've reached a point where they just don't get it. They either don't understand or choose not to. They have undeniable talent but most games they're just a load to deal with and I'm sure it frustrates their teammates. If they're not with the program they need to be shipped out.
I wonder why Andrei does not get it. He might be a good guy, but for some reason to me he looks like he's 2 or 3 sandwiches short of a picnic.. Everyone says Je Suis and he can't do it, he can't execute the ultimate simple play on a change-----get the puck deep, it cost us a goal.....On some nights when he is on he can dazzle and his snap shot is one of the best on the team, he is strong as a mule and can and I say can utilize his strength along the boards. He needs to sit for a game and see how he responds, I see his brother as even more useless, he is somewhere on another planet, along with all the the other GMs on HF boards I too would ship the both of them away for someone more usefull. I hope he comes back and lights it up but for some reason I think he is already looking forward to vacation.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 08:15 PM
TheBuriedHab

Im seriously tired of him. Trade the kostitsyn's for some grittier players with some skill to complement Pleks and Cammy.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
It's a deal for Parise, of course we didn't want to draft him since he's small.
Absolutely like your trade proposal........2 Kostitsyns and Trevor Timmons for Parise.

Yeah, I'd take it in a heart beat.

There is only one problem......last I heard Lou Lamarello is still Devils GM and I am not aware that Devils are going to replace him any time soon with either Mike Milberry or Bob Gainey.

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2010, 08:24 PM
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kool Aid View Post
Absolutely like your trade proposal........2 Kostitsyns and Trevor Timmons for Parise.

Yeah, I'd take it in a heart beat.

There is only one problem......last I heard Lou Lamarello is still Devils GM and I am not aware that Devils are going to replace him any time soon with either Mike Milberry or Bob Gainey.

NDIRISH?

couris is online now   Reply With Quote